Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

You will make it!! Withdrawl and detox from Vicodin.

Notices

You will make it!! Withdrawl and detox from Vicodin.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile You will make it!! Withdrawl and detox from Vicodin.

Greetings fellow suffers. This is my first post and I believe that it may offer hope to any of you that feel destitute of any hope. This day 11-19-08 is my 10th day of no opiates period. Months ago I began to "taper down" which with a lot of discapline and tons of prayer, I finally got down to .5 mg per day and that was torture. I then used Methadone for (small amounts for two weeks)...I dont recomend that!! Then on 11-10-08, I made the [B]final decesion and did not take any pills.I share this so you know that while you may well be isolated,lonely and completely horrified that you are not alone. the time it takes vary per indavidual, my experience was this, keeping in mind that I am 48 yeasr old and I have heard that the older that you are the more diffiicult the withdrawl and I used hydro, nor, vike, perc for about two years. So here goes the W/D; Day 1, not to bad but very emotional a wreck as far as that goes. D 2, Nousious and diarieha bad. D 3,still not too bad but lots of trips to the tiolet and Im very weak it wears me down just to walk across the room. D 4, Soaking sweats dihariea, my leggs and feet are killing me im derssed for the outside , in my house its 73 degrees but im cold. Much of the same on thru D 5, 6 and 7. Then on day 7, I was thinkin this will never pass, but it did I am now on D 8 it was kickin my butt Baaaddddd!! D 9 was ok now on D 10 and I feel pretty "normal".? You can do it! You may feel like you are gonna die but you wont. Here are some things that helped. I saw a post on here by Meg that really hepled "The only out is Through". Here are some things that helped me; lots of water, bannannas, rice, tea and toast and a quality multi vitiman. Hot baths and or steam or whirlpool bath,if you are lucky enough to have access to those things and also a confidant to cry to. move around if you can even just a little. Also find a way to sleep. Asprin was helpfull as well. This is my first thread and I hope this helps you that are reading, msg me if ya want. May god bless and keep you!
Old 11-19-2008, 11:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Thank you, I'm sure that will help a lot of people. It's nice to know it will end.

Good luck staying clean.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations Hope! Day 10 and still going strong! Thank you for sharing your success with us here. I came of Methadone 12 days ago (on it for 2 years) and this is the first time I can ever remember not having some kind substance in my body. I was having a hard time a little while ago. I am sleep deprived, I got a little spat of the shakes and my mind started driving me crazy again. Then I read your post and remembered everything that I have accomplished in the last week and a half. So, thank you for getting me out of my funk!! Good luck with your sobriety and keep posting!
Old 11-19-2008, 01:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

congrats

Great job Hopenow!!

It is so wonderful to hear about a successful move away from these crazy little pills that somehow manage to take over our lives. It is very cool to hear that you were able to taper down - I simply did not have the willlpower to do that on my own.

Please keep up the posting. I am curious to hear if you have had to do battle with any urges or if you feel that you have completely put the whole thing behind you.

Thanks again for posting such a great message and all the best to you as you travel down your new road!!!
Old 11-20-2008, 11:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by madriley View Post
Congratulations Hope! Day 10 and still going strong! Thank you for sharing your success with us here. I came of Methadone 12 days ago (on it for 2 years) and this is the first time I can ever remember not having some kind substance in my body. I was having a hard time a little while ago. I am sleep deprived, I got a little spat of the shakes and my mind started driving me crazy again. Then I read your post and remembered everything that I have accomplished in the last week and a half. So, thank you for getting me out of my funk!! Good luck with your sobriety and keep posting!
Why thank you for your good wishes! Yeah day 10 webt pretty good. I went to work and by 5pm ,my butt was kicked. I had a hard time sleeping last nite (11-20),now day 11 and when I woke up, I could tell that it may be a rough day. No energy,bad sweats, headache, and any food except B.R.A.T. diet, goes right thru me. My emotions are on edge as well. I have never been much of a cryer but today, it dont take much. Looks like I may be one of those that may have a long go of it. No cravings tho, I believe that God took that (cravings) away. Thanks
Old 11-20-2008, 11:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Spica View Post
Great job Hopenow!!

It is so wonderful to hear about a successful move away from these crazy little pills that somehow manage to take over our lives. It is very cool to hear that you were able to taper down - I simply did not have the willlpower to do that on my own.

Please keep up the posting. I am curious to hear if you have had to do battle with any urges or if you feel that you have completely put the whole thing behind you.

Thanks again for posting such a great message and all the best to you as you travel down your new road!!!
Why thank you for your good wishes! Yeah day 10 webt pretty good. I went to work and by 5pm ,my butt was kicked. I had a hard time sleeping last nite (11-20),now day 11 and when I woke up, I could tell that it may be a rough day. No energy,bad sweats, headache, and any food except B.R.A.T. diet, goes right thru me. My emotions are on edge as well. I have never been much of a cryer but today, it dont take much. Looks like I may be one of those that may have a long go of it. No cravings tho, I believe that God took that (cravings) away. Thanks
Old 11-20-2008, 11:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lostbutterfly View Post
Thank you, I'm sure that will help a lot of people. It's nice to know it will end.

Good luck staying clean.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

To be completely honest when I first started my detox 2 weeks ago tomorrow! I thought that the w/d for the first week would be the hardest part. It wasn't, it actually went pretty well, I thought I was home free. But then I still couldn't sleep and also like you Hope, I find that every other day I spend wrapped up in sweatshirts with my heat on 80 degrees and I can't stop shaking, in the bathroom all the time, you know of course. But for some reason by around this time I start to feel "normal" and then it all starts again as soon as I go to bed.

I am not sure how long you used for, did u put that in your original post? But I have talked to myself a lot in the last two weeks and I know that there is no way to just get rid of all the years of toxins I have put into my body, and more so , my mind. So basically think of it like this, we are being born again right now. And every decision that we make from now on is going to shape not who we were but who we want to be. We need to get rid of our past coping mechanisms and we do need to feel all of this pain and anguish so that we realize how much sobriety is worth it and we do not go back to our drugs again, even once, I know for me just one more time would be lethal. So, you are doing awesome!! I know that each day is still a struggle but it really does help to come on this forum and hear from everyone else who is miserable too, or have been and made it through!

Let us know how you are doing!! I hope you can get some sleep tonight!
Old 11-28-2008, 01:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hopenow View Post
Greetings fellow suffers. This is my first post and I believe that it may offer hope to any of you that feel destitute of any hope. This day 11-19-08 is my 10th day of no opiates period. Months ago I began to "taper down" which with a lot of discapline and tons of prayer, I finally got down to .5 mg per day and that was torture. I then used Methadone for (small amounts for two weeks)...I dont recomend that!! Then on 11-10-08, I made the [B]final decesion and did not take any pills.I share this so you know that while you may well be isolated,lonely and completely horrified that you are not alone. the time it takes vary per indavidual, my experience was this, keeping in mind that I am 48 yeasr old and I have heard that the older that you are the more diffiicult the withdrawl and I used hydro, nor, vike, perc for about two years. So here goes the W/D; Day 1, not to bad but very emotional a wreck as far as that goes. D 2, Nousious and diarieha bad. D 3,still not too bad but lots of trips to the tiolet and Im very weak it wears me down just to walk across the room. D 4, Soaking sweats dihariea, my leggs and feet are killing me im derssed for the outside , in my house its 73 degrees but im cold. Much of the same on thru D 5, 6 and 7. Then on day 7, I was thinkin this will never pass, but it did I am now on D 8 it was kickin my butt Baaaddddd!! D 9 was ok now on D 10 and I feel pretty "normal".? You can do it! You may feel like you are gonna die but you wont. Here are some things that helped. I saw a post on here by Meg that really hepled "The only out is Through". Here are some things that helped me; lots of water, bannannas, rice, tea and toast and a quality multi vitiman. Hot baths and or steam or whirlpool bath,if you are lucky enough to have access to those things and also a confidant to cry to. move around if you can even just a little. Also find a way to sleep. Asprin was helpfull as well. This is my first thread and I hope this helps you that are reading, msg me if ya want. May god bless and keep you!
By the way Hopenow, Im a bit older like you. Im 42 and I do think its harder for us older folks. Hang in there. If you'd like, I could give you my phone number if you need to talk anytime.

God Bless,
Michael35209