Notices

Heroin.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:34 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You still there, Clarice? I admire your courage. Hang onto this thought: "If I pick up now, all the misery from the past two days has been a waste." You don't want to have to do it all over again, do you? I got clean off of suboxone, didn't like what I heard about methadone at all, heard it's rougher than heroin to get off of. And it gets you high, where suboxone doesn't. Of course, going cold turkey, the way you are, is even a stronger cleaner way to go. I really think you have a lot of guts for hanging in there. Like Windy said, if you can't stand it anymore, go to the ER for comfort meds, but don't pick up!!! You don't want to have to go through this day again, and you never ever have to. I promise, in 4 days it might not be completely better, but will begin to be some better. And in a week, much better. Dehydration is the main danger in opiate withdrawal, so be careful there.

Can you crawl into an NA meeting? You'll find that there are others there who will help you get through the week. You'll be surprised how much other recovering addicts are willing to do to help you kick, even if they never met you before.
KJ
Old 11-05-2008, 10:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Do or do not. There is no try.

hi clarice, welcome to SR. Hang in there, it gets better. If you still havent used by now you are doing the right thing, and if you have then thats ok too. Just come back and check in. I am a recovering heroin addict too, I know what you are going thru right now and feel your pain. It gets so much better and so does life if you can find a solution to this misery that is addiction. Where in IL do you live? Feel free to private message me if you dont feel comfortable posting it here. I live in IL too, about 40 miles north of chicago.

All the things you are doing sound right to me, maybe try to hold off on methadone though but then again thats better than dope. The only thing i suggest is you try to find a meeting somewhere, NA/AA whatever. Just go there, say its your first time and try to listen. If you feel up to it talk when its your turn, but you arent obligated. Keep checking in here and GOOD LUCK U CAN DO IT!
Old 11-06-2008, 10:40 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

sorry i haven't been on. ive been taking a lot of benadryl. i have to go to work today, and all weekend. and i can barely walk. my ex bf is dropping off groceries. i keep throwing up. i haven't eaten since..... monday? i lost some weight im at 98 now. i can't go to the er. i can't. i'm only 17...
Old 11-06-2008, 10:48 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Awwww...Clarice!! I feel like driving down there and taking care of you myself honey!!!! Dangit!!
I am so glad you are getting some GROCERIES!!! There is ONE good thing right???
You have a boyfriend ...you have us..you still have a job...you will make it...we are about you here and are SOOOOO hoping that you stick around and come through this !!! I want to hear you com ehre someday and tell other 17 year olds how YOU DID IT!!!

I don't want to have to use scare tactcs ...SO I will skip the "the heroin rots your teeth" horror stories!! (SMILE DARNIT!!!!!)

Let us know when you get home from work ..You are in the hardest part of it right now!!!
LOVE NORTH
Old 11-06-2008, 10:51 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

I can't speak for your country, but in the UK you certainly could. Patient confidentiality and they would be duty bound to treat you. Surely being over 16 is enough?

From what I've read elsewhere on these forums, Benadryl can cause anxiety in opiate withdrawal. I will try and look it up what you should take instead - hang on, I shall be back!!!
Old 11-06-2008, 10:55 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Clarice,
Oh Wow. You poor thing.
Do you HAVE to go to work?
I am going to assume that you live on your own? No parents?
i sure wish one of us could be there to help you.
You can do this! Stay strong!
Old 11-06-2008, 10:59 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Right, just bumped a thread to the top of page 1 - Bvaljalo, question for....

Read his first post on there. Basically, Ambien for early w/d,s and Nyquil for later. He usually knows what he is talking about.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:11 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Sometimes using OTC's in withdrawal makes sh##t worse so be careful...When I took Niquil..Benadryl..it just made me tripout more on the anxiety and I had some rough nites..
love north
Old 11-16-2008, 07:59 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

so here's an update...
i've been clean for 10 days.
it's sunday, 9:58 in the morning and for some reason, i really, really, really want to use.
i got into a car accident thursday and my right side hurts.
i'm laying in bed watching back to the future.
i'm resisting the urge to call someone because i never want to feel that hell again.
but getting high right now, just seems so perfect.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:07 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I was a heroin addict for 4 yrs, the worst is so far behind you! The urge to use gets strong around the time you would normally go cop dope, keep yourself busy around that time. 10 days is great! Please stay with it, I didn't and now I'm back here on day 4 coming off percocets and vicodins. I made the mistake of thinking I could do it "just a couple of times", and that led to being addicted to something else.
Please PM me if you need to, I know exactly what you're going through.