Notices

I'm trying

Old 10-24-2008, 06:38 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

I w/d at home and felt miserable for about three days. I felt antsy for about a week. I take xanax anyway so that probably helped with anxiety. I took motrin for leg cramps and I sweated for a few nights. I was never tired and had to keep busy.
Keep working it. You can do it.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:09 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

you'll turn a corner soon dan! Slowly, every day will feel a bit better than the last. Once I felt a bit better, I got really restless, but in a completely unproductive way. Just wandered around the house, looking busy, but doing nothing! Same at work!

Well done, so proud of you for coming this far!
Old 10-25-2008, 04:41 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

No sleep last night thats about the worst part,still restless not so much during day,but wander house like zombie last night.Freezing also. Bonus ! I have a hot-tub. Thats where I'm most comfortable. Thanks for your support !
Old 10-25-2008, 05:02 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

A hot-tub - lucky you!! I did, and still do, have the most gorgeous hot bubble baths. I have had to find other little treats to give myself in the evening, now that I'm not getting wasted anymore.

I think you'll find almost everyone on this forum coming off opiates has sleeping problems. I was so jealous of HarryB when he was coming off cocaine and he just slept for 16 hours straight. That's the solution - a coke habit!

I use otc anti-histamine sleeping aids every second night. I must say, I haven't used them much this past week. Mind you, I did relapse for 3 days and slept like a baby those nights!
Old 10-25-2008, 07:48 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Daniel...Freezing is definitely an opiate addict 'thing'!! When I was in rehab we actually had a recovered commedian come in to speak and he made jokes about how you could tell the opiate addicts from everyone else because we all were wrapped up in blankets! LOL! (*Note: Didn't have much of a sense of humor at the time but now, 4-years later find it funny!)

You could also try one of those microwave heating pads until it passes. I envy you on the hot tub! We have wanted to buy one for years!!

Early in recovery I took Melatonin to help me sleep and it worked pretty well but most of the time I just tried to tough it out. I also found that developing good sleeping habits helped as in setting aside a relaxing period about 2-hours before bedtime to read or something...also when you are up to it, exercise helps greatly!

Jane
Old 10-25-2008, 10:04 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hey Daniel ... welcome back to the land of the living

Might wanna start doing some meetings, bro. They really help, and are esp. useful in the stage you're in right now. They might even rival a hottub in their usefulness at the moment

Also, my smoking buddy at work (cigs, of course) hails from upstate NY. I believe when he went to college he lived in a place called Binghampton, you know that place?
Old 10-25-2008, 02:52 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I'll feel more alive if I can Fall asleep tonight. Binghampton is about 2 hrs south. I will definately check out some meetings.Because there is work to be done on me and I welcome any chance to help someone else. I haven't had a ciggarette since Tuesday either because detox was no smoking. They gave out patches. but I don't smoke that much,so I went without. I don't know how that will pan out,but I might quit them too.Actually got out and about a little bought some OtC sleep aid hope it works. My brain is just doing backflips because its not fuzzed over !! Jane, thanks for the 911 Lost, what can I say about your bubble baths as Austin Powers would say be-have...
Old 10-25-2008, 05:26 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Hey dan..be careful of the over the counter meds. I tried them and they did not make me sleep and made my ANXIETY over not sleeping really bad..
love north
Old 10-27-2008, 03:19 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I wish I had gotten your post sooner, tried the OtC's Sat night very anxious!! Its starting to be mental like I hate my bed,but last night took a couple valium and slept well,Went to Church yesterday of course the sermon fit in about how we can beat any problem, also took dogs for a walk ! I **** it on this side.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:27 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Just so dang happy for you..it is so encourageing to read your posts..
I hated my bed too..thought I was mental..( I still think THAT alot)..I was so freaked out all the time because of lack of sleep. And it ALL went away..thank god..
How many days do you have clean now??
love north
Old 10-27-2008, 06:09 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

So good to see you're still trucking Daniel. I remember looking at my bed each night, and hating it too! Toss, turn, repeat!

Glad you like it this side - it's not too shabby, most of the time!
Old 10-27-2008, 07:46 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Daniel. From here on out it is a choice. You can stay off the dope or you can go back to it. I'm hoping you'll never have to do dope again. Excellent job so far and be careful for the depression. Exercise will help. Occupy your time and not with hanging out with dopers. Meetings helped me early on after I quit dope. I went for a couple of years. Even though I didn't understand much of the philosophy and disagreed with a lot of it I still got some good out of meetings. Keep in mind that they aren't very anonymous....I really didn't care much about that though.

Good job.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:47 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

and careful with the valiums and other benzodiazepines.....that 5hit will become a problem real quick.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:18 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

((Daniel)) Please be careful with the valium and OTC meds! In early recovery we are so fragile and if the anxiety gets worse with nothing helping, please see your DR and be totally honest!
I am glad you got out for a nice walk with your dogs! Isn't it great to always have walking buddies?!!
Keep hanging in there! I hated the bed for awhile too and took to sleeping on the couch sometimes with the TV on one of those old re-run channels...nothing like some old "Sanford and Son" or "I Love Lucy" to help me nod off to sleep!
Jane
Old 10-27-2008, 08:27 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Some unsolicited OTC sleep-aid advice ...

During withdrawals:
Diphenhydramine (benadryl, tylenol pm) = Anxiety, little or no sleep
Doxylamine Succinate (nyquil, unisom) = Nighty-night, at least after the first 5-7 days

Keep it going Daniel, you're kicking ass bud!
Old 10-27-2008, 08:39 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I have been clean since 10/21. I will probably go to some meetings. I like you Windy are not down with everything they say,but it is people helping people at it finest. Ok, watch out now, I went to church yesterday and in my unhaziness. I lisitend to the sermon, how, many things we think are easy are not !! Like love they neighbor like you love thyself, seems pretty basic ,but how well do most of us do it ! Our priest thought that most people might love thy neighbor as thyself, but they just don't love themself very much since we all seem so isolated.So anybody who dosen't think they are worth getting off this crap, you need to Love yourself because you are worth it. I truly believe that SR was the catalyst I needed to get,me off and hopefully a tool to keep me off ! There is no shortage of people here caring for their neighbor and I just wanted to say thanks again to everybody! :ghug2
Old 10-27-2008, 08:51 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

last pill was 5:30 on 10/21. I will probably go to some meetings. I like you Windy are not down with everything they say,but it is people helping people at it finest.I don't plan on taking these( actually ativan) except at night for a couple days, I don't even like they way they makeme feel. Ok, watch out now, I went to church yesterday and in my unhaziness. I lisitend to the sermon, how, many things we think are easy are not !! Like love they neighbor like you love thyself, seems pretty basic ,but how well do most of us do it ! Our priest thought that most people might love thy neighbor as thyself, but they just don't love themself very much since we all seem so isolated.So anybody who dosen't think they are worth getting off this crap, you need to Love yourself because you are worth it. I truly believe that SR was the catalyst I needed to get,me off and hopefully a tool to keep me off ! There is no shortage of people here caring for their neighbor and I just wanted to say thanks again to everybody! :ghug2
Old 10-27-2008, 12:24 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Dang, Daniel...you are kicking butt, seriously...I am so impressed with you!!!
KJ
Old 10-27-2008, 01:45 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Like Windsyan said, just watch out for the depression. If you're lucky, and I sincerely hope you are, it won't creep up on you.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:09 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I guess I really wanted to make a point I posted the same thing twice.Addict brain thing !!!