Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

What does crack and methamphetamine smell like?

Notices

What does crack and methamphetamine smell like?

Old 08-29-2008, 03:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

I wasn't saying anything about the police.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:29 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Ok, thanks. I thought that you were trying to insinuate that police would tell people who called them. Some people think all police are dirty cops. I get so tired of that. Sorry if I'm oversensitive, as I have a personal connection here.
KJ
Old 08-29-2008, 03:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Thanks for postin' back. My 10 day sober brain was freakin' out a bit, LOL.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:55 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thankyou all for your help. Thankfully we do have a good police force here, but maybe not enough officers, and not enough of the communtiy keeping there eyes open and reporting.

I have already talked to my landlord about this. So calls are being made.

I'm shocked that stuff is even in this town....like there isn't enough drugs to worry about. 6 months ago someone from our Community Action Agency told me heroine was in this town.

It makes me angry....Who's really winning the war on drugs?
Old 08-30-2008, 06:56 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by NeedingHelp7 View Post
Thankyou all for your help. I have already talked to my landlord about it. So calls are being made.

I'm shocked that stuff is even in this town....like there isn't enough drugs to worry about. 6 months ago someone from our Community Action Agency told me heroine was in this town.

It makes me angry....Who's really winning the war on drugs?
Meth is everyone these days it seems like because it is so easy to make.
You can make it in a car...

Glad you got it taken care of.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:06 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Meth is everyone these days it seems like because it is so easy to make.
You can make it in a car...
No!!!!!!!! You're kidding me... right???
Old 08-30-2008, 07:15 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

Fear not! Just be wise.....

My heart is breaking for the kids who are involved. I sure hope your landlord called the cops to investigate and that it doesn't get brushed under the rug. Having lived in San Diego for 37 yrs I know we had our share of labs being busted a lot in the 80's and 90's and they would be regular homes in regular neighborhoods.

I just hate it when little kids are around all of those highly explosive chemicals. It permeats their skin and ruins their little lives.... :-( Let the cooks ruin their own lives, but not the lives of their innocent children. :-(

Blessings, Sheila

be as wise as a serpent but as harmless as a dove....
Old 08-30-2008, 07:17 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

If there is a child in the house, call the cops. If you don't want to, PM me with the address and I will. I'm not kidding.

The residual chemicals are still harmful. It stays on your clothes, in your hair, in the carpet, in the wallpaper, on the bath towels, dish towels, seeps into the paint on the walls.

It causes brain damage, mental instability. I know the child of a woman who smoked meth who is now institutionalized.

Not to mention the fact that if they're using (or creating,) the chance of danger is extremely high. A drug deal goes bad. A parent passes out after a binge, leaving the children alone. Guns, bad mojo.

I don't know why you haven't called the cops yet. I really don't get it. You can do it anonymously.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:37 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

No!!!!!!!! You're kidding me... right???
Nope, not at all. Stories like this are all over the news and the net
The Daily Sentinel
Old 08-31-2008, 06:45 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'm very concerned about the children. The little one comes and plays here with my son regularly, but I won't allow my child in her apt. The mother told me her child who is only 4 yrs old has been diagnosed with ODD, and ADHD already. She says there are incident reports from his day care almost daily. The daughter has asthma, trouble breathing at times, but last week had pneumonia in both lungs. I heard her come out of the apt screaming "mom I can't breathe!"
At that time I didn't think of meth. She told me she threw her old bf out for smoking pot in there. I never smelled pot (I know what that smells like). Then a new guy showed up who was literally scary. He made an aweful scene every time he showed up.
For someone she didn't know that well, he treated her like crap. He was loud obnoxious, threatening, and scary. I asked her who he was. She said she grew up with him, til age 16yrs old, then he went to Philadelphia and now is back to live with his parents in town. (he's about 30). I'm also aware that everything she says could possibly be a lie. I told her gees sounds like he's changed a lot since then, she said she didn't want to here my lecture. I told her I had "bad vibes about him" the second day he was coming around. My whole neighborhood probably had bad vibes.
When he was there, it was then that I smelled what I smelled. The new guy was there 2 wks and now gone. Could he just have been there to cook up drugs, smoke drugs...I don't know???? The old bf is back and things are much quieter, but.....they could still be smoking drugs in there.

NH7
Old 08-31-2008, 07:04 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

NH7

I'm shocked that stuff can be made in a car.

This week (what timing...huh), we had a write up in the paper of people being arrested for puchasing products at the pharmacy that are two main ingredients for manufacturing meth. In 2005 a new law came about (which I just found out about this week) that due to the meth "epidemic" the products can "only" be purchased up to 9 grams in a month. A person that purchases them has to sign their name and show ID. If they purchase over 9 grams in a months time, the DEA founds out and arrests them. 4 people in our town were arrested, no addresses given, and it's only a misdemenor. I'm sure 9 grams of that stuff can make a lot of meth in a months time. That is scary.

NH7
Old 08-31-2008, 08:08 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Answer: Smoking meth anywhere near children is going to put those children at increased risk of mental and behavioral problems. They might be irritable, hyperactive and jittery. More importantly, children exposed to meth can also suffer serious lung damage. Children who breathe secondhand smoke are more likely to suffer from asthma, pneumonia, bronchitis, and other lung diseases. They are also more likely to have more ear infections.
Taken from HERE

Just one link on the web. There are many more....
Old 08-31-2008, 08:09 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Again, not sure why you haven't called the police. I guess you don't have to answer. But, I don't understand it. I don't.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:16 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I have been reading this post since it started, and cannot figure out why the police are still not involved.It would be allot better to know you did the right thing, then wait for something awful to happen and wish you had done something.You could be saving children's lives.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:31 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

My neighbor is very MAD at me. She has already indirectly threatened my landlord and I.
She was talking to one of her friends the other day on her porch. I was coming around the corner with my son, and she said to her friend that I was trying to get her evicted. She also said to her friend (making sure I heard it), that me and my landlord better not get in her face or she'll "f" us up. My landlord had 3 nails in her tire a few days ago. ?????? I wonder if it was accidental or intentional.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:44 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Perhaps you should move......?
Old 09-05-2008, 06:55 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

That's what I was afraid of...
Old 09-05-2008, 06:57 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Stopping the Train...

Location: Sevierville, TN - in the valley of the Great Smoky Mountains
My neighbor is very MAD at me. She has already indirectly threatened my landlord and I.
I'm so sorry it's effecting you like that. She shouldn't even know unless someone has told her.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:03 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

C'mon.. they share a wall. It wouldn't be too tough to figure out...
Old 09-05-2008, 08:16 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Stopping the Train...

Location: Sevierville, TN - in the valley of the Great Smoky Mountains
Only as speculation doorknob. Not concrete proof.