Notices

New to Here

Old 08-03-2008, 12:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to Here

Hi! I am addicted to oxy's. I get them from my doctor then I have a friend I get them from. My doctor gives me 20 7.5 to take 2 times a day because i have back issues. I get 30mg from my friend, and I recently started to pay alot and using the money for bills for it. I have quit once before for 2 months and for the life of me i can't remember why I started again. I only started about 1.4 years ago. I went and saw a doctor that prescribes suboxone, and I decided against it. I can get through the withdrawls just fine, buts its having two kids both who are toddlers. I have no one I can talk to about this. I haven't taken anything since yesterday and I have 1/2 a 30 right now to take later. I am going to call the doctor to see if he can get me right in. I just can't be draggin with my two kids plus I work 50 hours a week and can't get any time off. What I want to do after alot of research is I want to take 2mg of suboxone for about a week and start doing the ldn. Any advice? Does anyone know of a good doctor in the Portland, Or area? Thank you!
Old 08-03-2008, 12:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

I stay out of pain/dope issues but there is a pain/addition category on here. There are also a couple of people on here familiar with suboxone. It is slow in here on weekends but somebody should be along shortly to answer your questions.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Call a doctor.

Good luck with your problem, I hope you find a solution.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You absolutely should see a doctor and address your pain issues first. As far as the addiction, please, please remember there is no quick fix for this. My impression upon reading your post is you're trying to get this over with. If I'm wrong, I apologize.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!! You'll find lots of support here.
I was wondering, is your back still really hurting or are you taking this stuff just to feel normal now?
Either way, I agree with every one above, talk to your doctor, be honest about every thing.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Whats 'the ldn'?

Welcome to SR.com. You've found the right place, most of us have 'been there, done that', and would like to help you solve your addiction problem. If you think the situation is bad now, trust me, mama, it can get far, far worse. So, I'm a little confused ... on average, how many mg's of oxycodone do you take a day these days?

And let me just say, you may be able to 'handle' the withdrawals, *IF* you didn't have a job, toddlers, life in general. But you *do*, so the point is somewhat moot at the moment, wouldn't you say? And right now, you are spending money you don't really have on dope, right? And these 30mg oxys, aka roxy's, you're getting them from a 'friend' and you buy them? In other words, getting them illegally, thus exposing yourself to getting caught with them and going to jail. What will the toddlers do then?

If it were me, I'd be thinking it's probably time to find a good suboxone doctor and get onto a low dose of that, and slowly wean down, staying on it until such time as you can afford to take a little time off of work, arrange a babysitter for 4-5 days, etc. Getting on subs is a very positive step towards recovery, in my book.

If you think you only need a week on them, then, cool, try that. It'll help a bit with the withdrawals vs. just quitting oxy cold turkey. But you'll still feel end up feeling pretty crappy for at least four days either way, so if you think you could 'handle' the w/d's from what you're doing now, and the only problem is the length of time you're going to feel bad, then you actually might as well just skip the suboxone, cause a week on that isn't going to change the length of time in any direction but maybe make it a little LONGER. Less intense, but a bit longer.

One more thing ... girl, you start messing with the 30mg Roxy's, you are seriously playing with fire. There really ain't many other things out there more brutally addictive than those little blue devils. Heroin and dilaudid are about the only things that jump to mind, frankly. If you are taking those babies whole, I promise you it won't be long before your 60 7.5mg percs you get from the doctor start being GONE in the first week, and the next thing you know, you're supplementing yourself with money out of pocket for the other 22 days of the month. Those things are VERY VERY VERY bad news. Please trust me on this. They just feel ... too good ...

You are the same place I was before things started really spiraling downward. I hope you'll take my warning seriously. It's time to make a change, or you may well lose everything that's important to you, and it may happen REALLY fast. I know, cause it happened to me...
Old 08-04-2008, 09:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Go see your doc, tell him youre addicted. WELCOME to the forums. Fantatic peple here and its a gret support group, I am going thru hell (less than yours, not to hijack) and they help so much. I was hard addicted to Tramadol. I know your pain. Go see your doc, is there any way an inpatient facility is in the future. FMLA will guranatee your job when you get back. How long you been there/ whats your positon, etc, etc, fill me in. Human Resources is what my specialty is. Let me know and I will see what I can tell you. Oxys are the king of opiates, you will need real help. Please keep posting, and let me know about the job, and again, WELCOME
Old 08-04-2008, 09:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

PS, yea, you can get thru the withdrawals, eventually, but what about the after, when toddler life starts again, and life itself. an inpatient or even four or five day detox place, they give you tools to start to live again. Please consider that.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

dint forget to KEEP POSTING. keep us in the know, we can try to help or be here fo ryou
Old 08-15-2008, 10:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

today is day 3 of not taking anything! I feel like crap but am making it. I don't know why but my doctor who does prescribe suboxone didn't put me on it. I did get some ritalin la for energy and he gave me a prescription for low dose naltroxene (sp) I faxed it over today and should get it next week. I also got a cold and that makes things really bad!
Old 08-15-2008, 03:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

He didnt give you the suboxone, but gave you ritalin?? which I understand is highly addicitve? Im not sure but I think so. I am so sorry for you, I know things are awful for you. Can you try to find another doc? that one doesnt sound like hes too smart? Thinking of you!
Old 08-15-2008, 03:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
~~RECOVERY ROCKS!~~

welcome happy!!... I am new too and have to say this is a great place to be... bright blessings!:bounce
Old 08-16-2008, 01:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

he said the max I would be on ritalin is 90 days and after each month he would drop the dose down. He is the only doctor in my town that subscribes suboxone. oh, well. I can do it!
Old 08-19-2008, 09:17 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

How we doing today Happy? What is this, 6 days now? How you feeling? Should be starting to feel better finally, eh?

Be careful with the ritalin, kay? DO NOT take more than you are prescribed. While it doesn't exactly fall into the 'highly addictive' category of drugs in a technical sense, many who take it do end up abusing it, and in turn become fairly well 'hooked' on it. It's got some teeth, for sure.

Personally I think it's a ... well, downright stupid ... idea to give ritalin to someone in withdrawals from opiates 'for energy'. Even if it's not technically illegal, it would be highly frowned upon by a medical board, or the DEA, if they found out a doctor prescribed it for that reason.

Frankly, if I were you, I'd toss 'em, because they have absolutely no therapeutic value for someone in your situation. They can only harm you, IMHO.

But ... hey, who am I to question the infinite wisdom of the almighty 'professionals' that we are required to defer to on this site? Nevermind what I said above ... do whatever your doctor thinks is best for you, okay? (grumble ... moan ... moron ... grumble)
Old 08-19-2008, 09:45 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Stopping the Train...

Location: Sevierville, TN - in the valley of the Great Smoky Mountains
Ritalin - a addictive medication to treat the w/d effects of another addictive medication...hmmm.

I do hope you're doing better today. Do let us know how you are!
Old 08-19-2008, 03:29 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Where are you and how are you?
Old 08-22-2008, 11:52 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Really wish you would pop in and give us and update, been thinking of you and the best for your family!!
Old 08-22-2008, 12:17 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good luck! :ghug3