Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

help with extreme withdrawls needed... please read

Notices

help with extreme withdrawls needed... please read

Old 03-06-2008, 11:46 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

For the length of w/d's, mine lingered for weeks.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

yeah, I'm still looking for that wonder pill - let me know if you find it before I do
I did a kinda quick wean - I stopped snorting the oxycontin on a sunday, and allowed myself just 3 norco a day, mon-fri that following week to allow myself to even function at work- still felt miserable. Took my last norco on sat morning, and bit the bullet. Man, I thought I was withdrawing mon-fri -nothing like what I went through that weekend- had to call into work on mon and tue- my wife said she wouldn't have let me out the door the way i was looking.
same symptoms - restless legs, nausea, diarrhea, NO sleep, etc. 0-12 hours wasn't so bad, 12-72 was hell, 72-100, feeling better.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:55 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Never heard of it!
Old 03-06-2008, 06:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
ang:)~

I am soooo proud you finally got some sleep and made it to SCHOOL!!!!! I have faith in you and think you will do wonderful on your road to recovery!!!! I will be here for you anytime you need me. i had a GREAT day today. I wish for more days like today for all of us. good call on your cell phone. I'm still prayin for you!!

Machele~thank you so much!! I wish the best for your son. Sounds like he is doing AWESOME...i wish my brother would take the advice i am giving here. I can't get him to listen. He is currently in jail and won't be out til june and says one day he can't wait to get high and then the next is he is done with drugs. please pray for him as well.....thanks you guys!!!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 06:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey there,
I am glad you are feeling better!! I have told my son about you and he has been going to meetings everyday, hasn't really had a chance to get on the site...Said he need to get on and check in...Trying to get things lined up with his job and everything...He had a meeting with them today on that...He is staying very busy, which is a good thing!!

You are only 19 and look at how smart, delightful, understanding, caring, and just wonderful young man....I believe God will use you in HUGE WAY!!
Keep the faith and just hang in there...One day at a time:ghug2
God Bless,
Machele
Old 03-07-2008, 08:34 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Tyler,
I pray you slept sound last night....Hope you have a wonderful day!
God bless and Lots of Hugs,
Machele
Old 03-07-2008, 09:17 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Gosh Tyler, after reading your posts I am ready to adopt you!! :ghug3

You seem wise beyond your years. Have you thought of going to NA? There are now many young people getting clean and sober. It may be a place to make some non drug using friends. You can google it for your area.

Please let us all know how your doing today.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:51 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

yeah, check back in tyler, and let us know how you be- w/d's getting any better? You'll feel alot better, I promise, after you can get some solid sleep in you
Old 03-07-2008, 10:34 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Tanyapmc,
Know what you mean about wanting to adopt him...He is a sweetie!!
Old 03-08-2008, 05:33 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I feel your pain

Hey Tyler,

I have been prowling around this and other related boards for the past couple of months in preparation for my withdrawal experience. I'm 24 and have been taking 50-60ml of liquid methadone daily for the past year, I started taking it when my oxy dealer introduced me to it. I had no idea what I was in for, I am considered a functional drug addict. I would take 25-30 ml in the a.m. and snort oxys all day and dose another 25-30ml in the p.m. all while maintaining a great job, perfect credit, saving money, paying off my mortgage and all the other things that responsible adults do. I purchased my home at 22 and have been in a committed and wonderful relationship for 3 years(she has no idea I use, nobody does).

I decided to quit everything because I realized that my life was not being run by me anymore but rather the methadone, I used to be a ripped 185 lbs and a personal trainer but I found another job that pays great but is very sedentary. I was used to working out 5 days a week and suddenly I was behind a desk all day and not working out or eating right, my mind was going insane!!

I've always been a recreational drug user, I have used everything but IV drugs. I have a family history of addiction and I realized this from the start of my drug using career so I treaded the waters lightly but I used none the less. The methadone started as an occasonal use and shortly was a daily thing, but hey! I was getting is at a great price and a steady supply so what the hell. I had plenty of money to spare so screw it, lets get high rite!! NOT!!

The methadone is a monster like I have never encountered when you don't have it the withdrawals are HELL!! I would withdrawal from snorting oxy's in three to four days of mild discomfort, no problem! My dealer had a call back from his clinic one day and could give me methadone for four days and I nearly killed my self, I am an avid shooter and have 20+ guns in my home and I almost used the one under my pillow on myself instead of an intruder.

That incident opened my eyes to what I had gotten myself into, I then started doing all the research into methadone. I read everything I could find on it and boy was I surprised at what I found. It's basically the legal crack the US government approved to let medical company's make millions on people who were told that they needed to stay on it for life.

Also the withdrawals are said by many to be ten times worse than heroin itself, so needless to say most of your symptoms are probably from the methadone if you were on it for any period of time consistently.

I am on day 2 of my withdrawal roller coaster and things aren't going to rough for me, I did enough research to prepare myself physically, mentally, and spiritually. I found that the number 1 thing that helped the most was a properly balanced diet, I am eating 5 small meals daily for the past 2 weeks to get my body use to processing food and since withdrawing I have only been able to keep about 2 meals down each day, but what a difference from the last time I withdrew. The methadone and opiates in general reduce your bodys ability to process and intake food so nutrition is priority #1 if you want to feel better, faster. NO RED MEAT, SUGAR, SOFT DRINKS OR ALCOHOL! fish, chicken, vegatables(brocally and cheese is my fav!) and lots of water. A multi vitamin with high mineral content is a must. The sooner you flush all that CRAP out of your system the sooner you'll be back on track.

I am taking ambien to sleep at night and I got 1 xanax 2mg but I have been dealing with the twitches, cold sweats, crazy thoughs, heart pounding out of my chest and crying on my own. I am only using the xanax if I need it to appear semi normal at work. I think being at work all day and having to function around sober people has helped take my mind off all the crazyness going on inside my body. I've been doing my best to hide the vommiting, diareah and crying from everyone around me.

I have been reading alot of posts hear and your cought my eye, I can really relate to your circumstance. I too have done everything on my own with no help from anyone, I'm a loner in my own right and I always have been.

I hope that my story has made you realize that other people are dealing with the same shizzit as you and that it is ultimately up to YOU to make this happen!

Keep your head up- Kelvin
Old 03-08-2008, 08:16 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I am amazed at how God works!!!:ghug3
You would think I would get use to these great miracles...But everytime I am so amazed at the Power he has in our lives, if we just except it.

I am so very proud of you young man...You are an inspiration to those who have family and help....and here you are doing it all alone...Because you put your trust in God and you want better for yourself!

God Bless you sweetie,
I am so PROUD of YOU!
Machele
Old 03-10-2008, 09:48 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I think Tyler fell of the map, he must be doing better or relapsing because he seemed to be posting every day and now there's been nothing for three days. Hopefully he's busy with school and work.

I'm on day 4 and I would gladly jump out of my skin if given the opportunity, the diahrea is the worst because it doesn't matter how much solid food I eat it all comes out the same. It just is amazing how much the opiates damage your intestinal tract, my body has basically just been passing the food through rather than absorbing the proteins, vitamins and minerals.

I'm not much of a religious person, but times like this would make anyone beg for help from above. Feeling the way I do and working a 12 hr work day is HELL!

Hopefully we'll here back from Tizyler!

:wtf2
Old 03-10-2008, 10:40 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

You deserve an 'atta boy' for that!

Going thru a methadone detox and working the whole time is just amazing PierceME311! Man you have an iron constitution - I remember when I detox'd
one time and I said to myself "No missing work this time!" Heh...yeah right.
After spending the night awake and sick in the bathroom all night I knew there was NO WAY I could maintain at work!

Back when I was using and dealing with withdrawal's I just could not keep anything down for 6 or 7 days so I did not even try.
Boy am I glad those days are behind me now.

Keep it up PierceME311 - I am pulling for you and I hope you start to feel better soon.

Noah
Old 03-10-2008, 11:46 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Noah View Post
Going thru a methadone detox and working the whole time is just amazing PierceME311! Man you have an iron constitution - I remember when I detox'd
one time and I said to myself "No missing work this time!" Heh...yeah right.
After spending the night awake and sick in the bathroom all night I knew there was NO WAY I could maintain at work!

Back when I was using and dealing with withdrawal's I just could not keep anything down for 6 or 7 days so I did not even try.
Boy am I glad those days are behind me now.

Keep it up PierceME311 - I am pulling for you and I hope you start to feel better soon.
Noah
Thanks Noah,
I don't want to high jack Tyler's thread, but I so closely relate to his fight. My issue is that I work for a man that would fire me on the spot if he knew I was struggling with addiction. Therefor I have no option, I want to keep my house I worked so hard for. I don't want to loose everything that I worked for. I am also doing it as an experience to remind myself later in life when I am tested again. Even though I choose to leave drugs out of my life there will be times when I will be tested again so this experience is a prefect reminder of to pass up another opportunity to get high.

Still waiting to hear from the man himself, where you hiding Tyler?
Old 03-13-2008, 05:05 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Anyone here from him? Hope he's okay?
Old 03-16-2008, 09:11 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hey Tyler,
Where are you? Been worried about you my adopted son...I am praying for you and would love the hear from you!
God Bless,
Machele