Notices

How long does this last? Opiate withdrawal...

Old 08-26-2012, 01:42 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

simmion PM me please. Also....going cold might be fatal at 52

Id like all of your opinions, but simmion please PM me and let me know how you are doing. I do want all of you to know that my research is leading me to believe that if you try to go cold at my age (early 50's) it can be fatal or at the least, mess your immune system up. Why? Coincidentally when i came back from detox, 2 weeks later i broke out with 4 scabs the size of a silver dollar that still have not gone away months later!!!!!! doctors tell me it cant be the tramadol or going off it that shook up my body. I say BULL!@!!!!!

Why do you think they tell old pewople not to quit smoking. It jars their body too much and they often die. I felt firsthand what that felt like.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:37 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Here we GO.......

Originally Posted by ccgirl2 View Post
Now is the perfecti time to take care of yourself. I had a feeling it was more than withdrawals.
Im trying this site out to ail me with my withdrawls, I only started today.
I hope this helps.........

Here we go life;
Old 10-16-2012, 02:00 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

New here today is my first day off of norco after a year of surgeries and more to come. Having to function at work is killing me. Any secrets to get through these hard days when u cant crawl in bed like i really want to.....
Old 10-16-2012, 02:15 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Timebuster View Post
Never before in the history of our country have we seen such an epidemic of people addicted to pain pills. The proof is in the pudding …

Ivan
What you are saying is true. People are living to a much older age with pain issues. Doctors need to treat them. Which means more pain killers out there. I think that it is easy to blame doctors, gov or dealers I have done it myself. But I have come to realize the only person I can blame is myself and my actions. The doctor was only giving me what I was asking for.The dealer sells you what you want. It was me and only me that got me to where I am today day 3 detox from a 5yr oxy addiction.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:49 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Hello, Simmion and all.

Glad you are doing better Simmion. I have been taking 15mg oxy IR for a few months now following knee pain then surgery. I worked my way up from 5mg lortabs. Things got really out of hand this month and I was taking upwards to 8 a day, twice what I am prescribed. I keep telling myself its for the pain, but it is also for the euphoria and motivation it gives me. It has been the best antidepressant I have ever found. However, due to my over indulgence I have been forced to ween myself off around a quarter a pill every few days and even that sucks!! I want to get out of this spider web and find another way to release dopamine more naturally (you’.d think my 6 month child would) My next refill is on the 11th and I don’ t want to ask for it. I want to stay away. I have never gotten addicted to anything, and boy did I do some additive stuff years ago, but this has got me pretty bad. Like right now I am contemplating taking a whole one just to have the energy to get done what I must. Leaving me with only a quarter until my refill. I am failing my last semester of college because I can not conjure motivation for anything, hardly and my knee does still hurt, but its nothing I can’t handle, really I guess. I just want to be happy, motivated, and pain free.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:00 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Been clean since 24/2012 after being in jail for almost a month. Got out just for the holidays but had no holidays go figure. Might as well of stayed in there. But I feel pretty good, still getting chills like crazy and im not sure why. Any input?
Old 01-09-2013, 08:23 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

re:

Have only used poppy pods (opiates) but have gone thru wd 3 times, just finished two weeks of the last one. Not nearly as bad as more serious stuff... no vomiting or the trots really, just a couple weeks with ill stomach, very little sleep, feeling like you wish you were six feet under. Or asleep, but uh you can't. No eating for 5 days, weakness, restless, oh it's the worst!
The very worst part for me is just the absolute tired, exhausted, mushy-guts, depressed, sunken feeling that you simply cannot shake off for a LONG LONG time. Where you don't want to do anything, but you don't want to NOT do anything either, it's like a half-dead limbo of sorts. Sometimes I'm in my car and start driving stupid and too fast simply to try to get my body and brain to wake up. Feel like I want to jump out of a plane so my adrenaline flows. That's the thing that ends up making me backtrack for the worse. Hoping this time is the charm, but will see how it goes. I need to find something 'normal' to get me going enough to not go back, but don't know what it is yet. Yeah, I know - life! But if anybody has some ideas or tips for this, I'm open. Thanks for listening to another story.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:28 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

day one of tapering off oxy slowly. now just to ignore my 'friend' who will be calling and texting and ge etting mad friday or saturday. lol. tired of the circle of the gorilla. made mistake of getting my tolerance up so much before surgery fusioo spine three yrs ago that they had to send me home on fentanyl patch, dilaudid, and percocet. they were nice about it but said 'you bee busy before surgery'. i don't recommend non emmergent surgeyr on spine unless u cannot bear. traded one pain for another. it will pass. 8 years of off and on and i can tell you that in one week with willpower and following others advice on here you will beat it. i beat f-patch, dlaud, and others. but percs and hydro kill me. wth is that about. you CAN do this dude. taper, wean, cold turkey, whatever you gotta do. bills before pills man.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

I had the same experience

When you said, "Where you don't want to do anything, but you don't want to NOT do anything either, it's like a half-dead limbo of sorts. Sometimes I'm in my car and start driving stupid and too fast simply to try to get my body and brain to wake up. Feel like I want to jump out of a plane so my adrenaline flows."

I did a similar thing the other night and took off driving really fast for no reason. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, because now I understand why I may have done it. Best to you!
Old 04-18-2013, 03:57 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Opiate withdrawals... extremely difficult, but worth it...i hope!

Hi- just found this site and this topic yesterday. I've been white-knuckling the worst detox I've ever had. Googled it, found this awesome site. Read your posts and signed up.
I'm on day 32 of detox, and I'm still measuring moments of sanity by minutes, sometimes seconds. I don't want to scare anyone, but there may be others out there experiencing
similar withdrawals. It helps me to know that I'm not all alone here. I am still feeling- very anxious, day+night, stomach pains, bone ache, nausea, migraines daily, loss of appetite, listless, depressed, hot/cold clammy sweats. If I'm lucky, I will sleep 1-2 hours at night total. Longs days and longer nights, no driving yet....home alone, fearful, regretful again. More...agony this time as compared to the last 6 times. But I must try to stay positive and remember, this is my 7th detox in about the last 25 years. I'm older now, been using longer and in higher quantities. What do I expect?! Plus this time, cold turkey off several different classes of drugs. My thoughts can get dark quickly, so I try to remind myself... I do believe in a higher power and maybe He is just trying to leave a lasting memory this time. No going back...32 days of hell so far, and counting. I'm more stubborn than smart I guess. Here is what helps me- lots of fluids like water and "sleepy time tea", simple foods like scrambled eggs, chicken broth, toast, applesauce...craving V8 juice for some odd reason, so lots of that. Breathing- I know, sounds weird to forget to breath, but I tend to take shallow breaths when anxious or sick, which just makes things worse. I pray, watch comedy on tv, try not to focus on this blinding fear and all the over-stimulation I feel without my drugs of choice- narcotics+sedatives. And... I am crying again which I've always tried to avoid by staying numb. If anyone has any suggestions at all, or you feel like sharing your experiences, strengths, hope-- I humbly ask you to please do so. Thanks.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:39 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Welcome purple!!

Hi,
Welcome to Sober Recovery! Please feel free to start a new thread so that we can all whine together!! I also have 32 days clean today from oxys and vicodin and feel like sh@%. I feel no motivation, and I went to work today only by the grace of God, and am depressed, lethargic, irritable, etc., etc., I cannot use again... I told my doctor the truth and returned my last prescription to him so I have no options left. I am too old for this recovery stuff... went through it in 1999 for cocaine and alcohol and relapsed on prescribed pain pills around two years ago. Wahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 04:12 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

morphine withdrawls

Its been about 2 weeks and still feel dead. Can't hardly move.
Cant lift anything. No matter how much healthy foods I eat
It doesn't help it actually makes it worse. Morphine
Was my drug. My back kills I'm soooo weak and tired
U say keep busy but I don't have any energy to
Make myself busy. I'm drained imonly 23 and I feel
85. Is there anything that will give me energy
Old 04-24-2013, 04:16 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Alleyoop

I think no matter what the drug it takes a while to 'get right' again...sounds like you're doing it tough tho - is seeing a Dr an option?

D
Old 04-24-2013, 04:54 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome Alleyoop

I think no matter what the drug it takes a while to 'get right' again...sounds like you're doing it tough tho - is seeing a Dr an option?

D
Hey how are you my name is Bryon and I quit 2 weeks ago so for me my 5 and 6 day was the worst no sleep for like 10 days I just got that back and the worst for me are my leg pains I still have that but I'm getting stronger every day and its the best feeling to have you sex life back I don't lose my home my future wife. It was and is the toughest and worst feeling how it makes you feel worthless and broking I'm happy again eating healthy and the most and important money never worry about being broke taking my girl out again. And sex is great now like really so much comes back to you that you wish never left. I love my new life so far. The erg for something is gone
So I'm great and happy I got my life back again and plan on staying clean
Old 04-28-2013, 04:33 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

For me, because I tend not to have long relapses - the last one was the longest at 17 days - the physical side of things tends to last about four or five days. Then the mental side kicks in and there's a number of days when it physically hurts my face to smile, the muscles just don't want to stay like that, and my mood is appallingly low.
After the first couple of weeks, my mood gets back to normal, and then the damn cravings start, making the next couple of weeks a real pita. It's generally been about four weeks that I've given in and relapsed.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:20 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Day 13

Today is day 13 I haven't slept any since day 10. Pls help
Old 03-05-2014, 12:37 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

day 1 no oxy

today i star to come off oxys i have been battling with this for 2 years and am now doing 120-160mg a day its ruining my life my wife won't take it and we have a baby on the way, i have been off for a day and using perks to help with the first day then plan on using suboxone I'm so down on myself and i feel it will never get better
Old 03-05-2014, 12:56 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

how long does it typically take b4 i feel like myself again? i will be using suboxone for 10days or so then i plan on stoping i take 5htp to help with mood swings and other multi vitamins, i also go to the sauna daily to sweat out toxins as much as possible! i don't know what else to do please help thank you
Old 03-05-2014, 01:02 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Hey Dustin, this is an old thread. If you start a new one in the main room of Substance Abuse, you will get more replies.

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Congrats on stopping the dope!