Notices

Roxy and Oxy withdrawls

Old 12-10-2007, 01:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Roxy and Oxy withdrawls

Hello I am a 25 male who has been taken about four blue roxys or 3 green 80 mg oxys for about 8 months. I am currently going through sever withdrawl symptons for 2 days. I have never banged them or snorted them! But orally ingested them for 8 months. I used to be addicted to xnax and booze. Now its OC's and RO's. I know I have the same symptons as he rest of people on here! I have muscle aches and pooper problems. shakes hot and cold sweats, nausea, halluciantions which is minor but there. I am looking for someone that may have some advise as to how to get over this. I am not going to go to rehab or get on bupes. Any natural supplements that I may take to help would be great please adive all suggestion are welcome. Thank you ME!
Old 12-10-2007, 02:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Okay here you go, from someone who's been there:
1. Go to a doctor that knows about addiction and withdrawal issues. Ask them for whatever they can give you that's non-narcotic and will help. My doc, a treatment center owner for 10 years, prescribed me clonidine for the twitches/shakes and neurontin for the pain, along with ambien to sleep at night. This combo was extremely helpful, and no problem to quit when it was time.
2. Take yourself out of the loop of 'regular life' for 7 days. No work, no family gatherings, no parties, no nothing. Pretend you have the flu and have to get well before you do ANYthing (except go to AA/NA meetings - see below). Get some immodium for the bathroom issues. Get some ibuprofen or aspirin to help with the pain. Buy a bunch of your favorite foods, healthy or not, as it's going to be very hard to make yourself eat. Get some Unisom to help you sleep (NOT tylenol PM ... it's not strong enough). Rent movies, video games, WHATEVER sounds fun to pass the time, cause it's gonna be passing REAL SLOW for awhile here.
3. Get rid of your connections phone numbers, or tell your doc about your problem if you've been getting them from a doc. I suspect you're not getting them that way, but...
4. Tell your friends, wife, girlfriend, parents, WHOEVER about what you're going through and ask them for their support and to hold you accountable.
5. Stop hanging out with anyone who parties at all.
6. Don't do any drugs that get you remotely high, and don't drink any alcohol.
7. Begin attending meetings of Alcoholics and/or Narcotics Anonymous. Find meetings with 'speakers', or go to newcomers meetings. Introduce yourself as someone in their first 30 days of sobriety when you are asked to do so. Other than that, just sit there and listen. Buy yourself a Big Book from one or both places. Read that Big Book. Get yourself a copy of Living Sober from an AA meeting. Great book. Read it. Don't worry about the God thing, getting a sponsor, or working the steps or any of that stuff for right now. Just go to meetings, at least ONE A DAY, and sit down, shut up, LISTEN, and LEARN from the people who know more about getting and staying clean than YOU do.
8. Stick around after the meeting and try to meet some people, especially anyone who's story you heard in the meeting and can relate to.
9. And perhaps most importantly, acknowledge to yourself that you are an opiate addict and cannot ever take opiates again ...
Old 12-10-2007, 02:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am going through a similar sort of withdrawal right now, devil (umm that sounds weird to say, ok, how bout I call you Its) I think lots on here will tell you (not from my personal experience) that the benzo withdrawal is the worst there is, and alcohol too, those are supposed to be HORROR story withdrawals. And you have already beat taht before, right? Now you are withdrawnig from the opiates..... If you are on day two, I want to be honest, expect tomorrow to be like the "peak" of feeling crappy, which is kind of good news because with deep breaths, immodium AD, gatoraide, benadryl for sleep, bananas, heating pads, (those REALLY do work ALL that I just listed I mean it erally helps) I dont have a darn tub, but hot showers, if you ahve a tub, soak away, they help with the muscle aches. I have heard of people taking melatonin to sleep, its an herb, but I have no personal experience with it. Someone will be along soon with more experience, but I will tell you this, you are already doing it, you are making it through the withdrawals, which tells me you are STRONG and you WANT TO, CAN and WILL beat this wicked damn disease. I am just about through the physical wihtdrawals this time, but I am right there with you, I am FAR from being cured. I need to go to Meetings, (they do help) and I take anti depressants, so I have to take that properly.

Anyway, Im rambling, ok so listen, you are already on your way past the worst part, you are DOING IT, so keep it up, MAN you should be proud of yourself, there are sooooo many wonderful people on here that you are going to freak out!! You will have sooo much encouragement, and advice, this is a fantastic place, you picked the right one. So from me, WELCOME, and you are already almost done so CONGRATS, you have 2 days, start racking up those clean days, you are doing it. YOU are winning, NOT the damn disease.

There will be lots more people along later, and they will help, so I will go for now, again, welcome to SR, and man I KNOW how you are feeling. YOu arent alone,
Old 12-10-2007, 02:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I opened my own thread from the advise of others. I have followed Windy that I am going to drink a little maybe some drinks and some unisome will help the sleep. Now on the other hand. There are people that may say well rehab or detox will def help. But what about us, ME that will not go to NA I wont do it. There are too many people that count on me. And they are more or less clueless to the truth of the matter. So yes I might acknowledge that your advise may be more concrerete and have a higher success rate. but in my mind and wallet Detox and NA is not a option. I work three jobs and do not have the time to do this. I am suffering severly and maybe I just need the words from those who have been there. And is the light that is supposed to be at the end of tunnel really that bright? FUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!

ME!
And by its the devil I mean oc and roxies are the ****** devil! I have been in and out of all kinds of ****. With the ability to make in the sense of education and finacial achievment. I have been on LCD, E, Cocaine, GHB, Aderol, ritilan, Xanax, Percs, Narco, Methadone, Vals, Ephedrin in HIGH doses, god when I think about I have been and am still playing with that line way to much! And to some I may have crossed it a long long time ago. But I have always had the power to play with that line enough to be able to make it o matter what I wanted to do! Just let it out! Maybe afterall. Letting out may be the best! ~PEACE~ ~ME~
Old 12-10-2007, 02:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dude what the heck are you talking about AA/NA is not an option because of jobs, finances, people 'counting on you', etc?

It's FREE.
It's ANONYMOUS.
It's an HOUR a day, with meetings happening all over the place, all the time in many areas.

Are you telling me you don't have an extra hour a day? How the hell did you score your wide range of drugs and dope all the time if you couldn't spare an hour a day?

And I'm not entirely sure I understand all that stuff about 'the line' and 'letting it out' at the end of your post, but I will say this ... I've done everything on your list too, and did them all without getting hooked, on and off, for years.

But if you've been on oxycodone for 8 months straight, you HAVE crossed 'a line' my friend. And I HIGHLY advise you to get HUMBLE and GET REAL about your situation. Doing 240mg/day oxycodone for 8 months straight will CHANGE your 'situation' PERMANENTLY whether you wanna believe me NOW or not, that's fine but SOMEDAY you're going to find out for yourself that I know what I'm talking about. You've crossed the line, you've changed your brain chemistry, you are teetering on the brink of disaster. You better take this thing seriously and start taking some advice from people who've BEEN where you are at and have some experience at ... actually doing what it is (you're saying) you are trying to do.

Being cocky about your 'power' and 'playing with the line' and 'making it no matter what' ... is the exact OPPOSITE of the way you need to be thinking right now.

I hope you find a way to change your attitude about the seriousness of your situation, about LISTENING to the people you've asked for advice FROM, and about your recovery ... before you end up in the same world of hurt that so many of US already ended up in ... because we thought we had it all under control until ... all of a sudden ... we didn't anymore.

Lemme ask you this ... why, exactly, are you not taking any oxycodone right now?

Last edited by bval; 12-10-2007 at 03:05 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

bvaljalo - we live in the same area. What doctor did you see for meds to help that are non-addictive?
Old 12-10-2007, 03:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

http://local.*****.com/details?id=21472439

and you can tell him you were referred by the Valjalo family - as long as you aren't planning on behaving badly
Old 12-10-2007, 03:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thank you -- one more thing -- and by the way, ive read alot of your posts and they have been very helpful -- you give me hope that i will get through this...

you mentioned taking neurontin to help? how much?
Old 12-10-2007, 03:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

you will probably need a docs advice on exactly how much neurontin,and to in fact, give you the prescription for neurontin. Are you going to be going to a dr. to ask for help with your withdrawals? If so, tell him you have heard that neurontin can help, he can decide what the right dose is, because of all kinds of factors, medical history, height, weight, etc, etc.

One more thing, I know you are feeling really bad, but getting grouchy with others and being up on a "high horse" wont help you get any better. YOu will learn to be humble REAL fast. I had to, everyone does, thats why its called Help.......

Last edited by tennchick9598; 12-10-2007 at 03:32 PM. Reason: left something out
Old 12-10-2007, 03:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Content with my past

Devil,
Alot of us here have had the "power to play that line" but eventually it gets worse. Thank God, I quit before I hit any type of bad rock bottom. We all have people that depend on us, alot of us have college educations and major careers that we hold down. So, I just want to say, get off your high horse and listen to what we all are saying because we were and some are still right where you are. I dont do everything people tell me but I can respect what has worked for them.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Drink lots of fluids, hot baths, rest if you can. I don't know what else to say.

I'm not jamming NA/AA down your throat but my addiction counselor said to me in the beginning when I was refusing/embarrassed to go and I used time as an excuse "did you find the time to use"? That struck home.

I too, have a lot of family responsibilities and sometimes I only get to a meeting once a week. But it's still once a week. It keeps me grounded and makes me feel safe.

Best of luck.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Glad to be of service, this_sucks.

I was on 200mg of neurontin every 6 hours, prescribed by the doc I directed you to. I occasionally took them a bit closer together than 6 hours when the pain was really bad, but only two or three times did I do that ...

I think LT mistook you for the original poster, btw ... in case you were confused

Oh, and I just now saw your post on the other thread trying to catch up with me ... yeah, ummmm ... well, the neurontin helps in a fairly subtle way, it's not gonna cure you by any stretch. Taken with the clonidine, with ambien for sleep, it was probably JUST enough relief to keep me from calling 'the man' whereas without them ... i probably would have. But I mean, it was still touch and go for awhile there. I would say that these drugs probably helped me more in the period right after the really bad withdrawal period (the WEEKS following) than they did during the really bad part. THere's really just nothing out there that is non-addictive that can really put a dent in the worst part of the process. Bear in mind, I was kicking buprenorphine rather than coming off oxy directly ... w/ds are not as acutely bad but last a good while longer when your getting off bupe.

Last edited by bval; 12-10-2007 at 05:44 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

3rd day

Just got off work 2 am. I think I may be doing this. I am kinda tired actually after a couple of nights of no sleep. Maybe a couple of shots and a unisome will help to get to bed tonight. Thank you for the advise!!!!!! I kinda sit here a reread all the post that have been written. And its amazing how everytime i go to read them its feels different in my mind when I process them. Well hopefullt tonight and tomorrow are better for us all. ~PEACE~ ~MUCH LOVE~ ~MEski~
Old 12-11-2007, 01:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Cant Sleep

I still cant sleep!!!!!!! So I jumped back on here. I am not taking Oxys for finacial reason, for health reasons, for relationships. I am just tired of being controlled by other things besides my own will power. I took a unisom to try and get some sleep but I think that its just made things worse! Some say dont go to work and take a few days off! But I think being busy actaully has its perks. At least for me! Three more hours until the alarm goes off and to start another day! To all of you out there that check in on this and read this stuff. Just login and speak your mind it helps out for sure. ~PEACE~ ~ME~
Old 12-11-2007, 04:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

If you can physically handle work, go for it. I personally was a basket case!

I'm not sure I understood about the relationship part, but I can relate to the sleep. Very common early symptom.

Just remember: Each day will get better. If you don't want to go to meetings, maybe you can find an addiction counselor to meet with.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:19 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

If you're only physically dependent and not addicted, in the sense that we use the word 'addicted,' then your symptoms will pass in a few days even if you don't do anything.

If you're addicted, though, well, that's another issue, and adding booze to the mix could set you up for a whole new-but-the-same sort of problem.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 12-11-2007, 07:47 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

There is no "natural" way to change what "unnatural" pills have done to you.I tried it all,and nothing worked.You can think you have the power on your own all you want, but from my own experience, I will tell you, Do Not play doctor.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:05 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Roxies and oxies can hook you good. It doesn't require snorting/shooting them to cop a habit. And once you get a good habit rolling you'll be amazed at the quantities you can consume, without even getting high.

The story here is so often the same sad tale: you feel like quitting is so hard you can't do it, but you're still at a stage where I can safely say "you ain't seen nuthin' yet."
Old 12-11-2007, 09:48 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Content with my past

Stop before it gets out of control and then you will have a major problem on your hands. Take it from EX and BV, I read their stories on how it started and where they went and rose from. It happens to all walks of life and no one is excluded from this disease. I had a serious pain pill addiction for 10 years every single day of my life and I quit and I never thought I could. I dont do NA/AA, it is not for me but to alot of individuduals it is their life saver. There is a site called SmartRecovery that has online meetings you can participate in and worksheets to do on your own. I go there once in awhile. I really get my strength within and here at SR. Just keep posting, we have all either been there or are there. We are here to lean on each other. Hang in there. Sleep will come in time.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:38 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Almost

I fell a little bit better today. Shakes arent as bad! I am having a mentally tuff time with it though! Just dont feel right at the moment. Took the advise of others! Called in sick for the other jobs for tonight! Maybe a break will help out. I really wish I could sleep though. Well to all of you out there thanks so much for the advise and words of wisdom! May soberness find us all! ~PEACE~ ~MUCH LOVE~ ~ME~