Notices

Roxy and Oxy withdrawls

Old 12-11-2007, 12:10 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you're hangin in there ITD. I admire your fortitude, being at work today. I couldn't have done that in your state. I'm sure that's what's going to be happening today is that how you feel is going to be roller coaster. Waves of pain and depression, and some occasional respites where you almost feel semi-human. The fact that your starting to feel even remotely better is a good sign, those periods will slowly get longer and longer over the next few days. Keep up the good work, and just focus on putting one foot in front of the other for now. Try not to contemplate much of anything except just not using until you make it through this. You WILL get better my friend if you just don't use. Good luck ...

Oh, and yeah, the sleep part does suck. Ambien was what I used the first couple of weeks, it did the trick (only 3-4 hours per pill, but ... it worked). I actually didn't switch to unisom until about 2 weeks into withdrawals. I was w/d off bupes which lasts a bit longer, plus my habit was way worse and longer than yours, so ... you should feel fine in less than 2 weeks from when you quit would be my bet.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

night of day 3

The night if day three. I think I am overcomming this. I just keep telling myself your getting better. My coworker is the one that has the OC. HE took a half of one this mornning. I was able to make it 7.5 hours at work with her/him without asking for one. I feel a little disconnected now though. THe unisom is working well for some sleep. I have had a alot of hot green in tea. Showers and baths are cut half. Have a scratcy throat though and some serious dry Talk to laters ~PEACE~ ~KENNY~
Old 12-11-2007, 06:15 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

What is roxy? rohibinal?
Old 12-11-2007, 06:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Roxy's are 30mg (6 percs worth in one little blue pill) oxycodone in an immediate release (as opposed to oxycontin, which is 12hr time release) formulation, with no tylenol or aspirin or any of that garbage.

They are pretty much the creme dela creme of the opiate pill world (in the USA especially) apart from Dilaudid ...
Old 12-11-2007, 07:17 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks BV. I guess I coulda looked it up in my pharmacolgy book, but hey, I'm lazy by nature.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:11 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

RO's

They def are the devil!!!!!!! In a little blue pill!!!!! I am going to try and lay down. May your night be PEACEFUL ~PEACE~ ~KENNY~
Old 12-11-2007, 08:20 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I hope your able to sleep. If not just let your body and mind rest. One thing that helps me when I cannot sleep is to NOT tell myself that I have to go to sleep. that just increases my anxiety. I dont think anyone ever died from not sleeping. Athough it totally sucks when your right in the middle of it. Hang in there sweetie. You NEVER have to do this again.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:07 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

itd...glad you're making it. glad to hear you're getting rest too. make sure to eat plenty of sugars and carbs. gain some weight...you prolly need some. milkshakes, cake, pie, fried chicken, skwimps.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:03 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Skwimps? Is that a Louisiana dish?
Old 12-12-2007, 04:16 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

BV, I'm really curious now. When Devil first asked what to expect from w/d after such a short time, I was surprised by your answer. I absolutely believe you, because you sure do your homework, but last Christmas, I "slipped" for about 2 - 4 weeks and detoxed at home (which ultimately failed and I finally went to a facility then started meetings) While the mental stuff was just as bad, the physical stuff wasn's as bad. Do you think that's because I didn't double or triple my use on the "binge" or because my doc is a less strong opiate, or am I a freak of nature? I just found your whole post really interesting because I never figured that one out on my own.

Sorry devil; I don't mean to hijack your thread. Maybe you can still take something out of BV's reply. I always do.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:23 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

OK, now I feel like a moron. BV the poster was Bill, but my question is the same. Sorry Devil.

P.S. This is how much of a moron I am on the computer. I don't even know how to copy this to the right thread (sigh - whatever happened to paper and pens?)
Old 12-12-2007, 06:34 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

day 4

Its day four and I am still clean. I actually slept from 2:00 am until 7:00 with only two bath interuptions. My head feels more clear! My bopdy aches are subsiding. I have some psychological withdrawls still. Because now that I think about it! I have just been jumping from one substance to the next for a long time! I remeber two years ago calling the ER"s on xmas eve trying to get a refill on my xanax 2mg bars. I was really depedent on those. Then I was mixing the bars with OC's and RO's then just jumped into the 3 80 or the four to five blues a day. So I am kinda cleaning my self from about 4 years of addiction just from different substances. This was by far the wrose I think. Beucase the psyhical effects are by far more severe. Anyway to all of you out there that may have helped me with a little encouragement. Some words of humbelization (IF THAT IS A WORD) and just some stories to relate with. Thank you so very much for helping me get through this ruff time. Its unbeliavble how just a few words of wisdom can carry a soul so far. DAMN THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! You may have helped me save my own life from going down the *******.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:54 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Kenny, you are doing very, very well with this. Remember to eat. Get some multivitamins too. Exercise will help with everything. Drink water, sweat, drink water, sweat, repeat. I learned that trick from a stripper in Jackson, Mississippi....LOL. The physical part is a bitch but you really have to be careful with the mental part. Depression does kick in and the mind wanders around looking for some stimulation. Exercise will be a healthy alternative and you get free endorphins. Keep talking....whether it be here or at a meeting somewhere. Keep it up.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:27 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

glad to know that . No Roxy's for me!!!
Old 12-12-2007, 11:56 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Well, cc, I was thinking about going into a somewhat complicated (and long) explanation of the phenomena talking about endorphins and opiate receptors and norepinephrine imbalances ... but I'm not gonna, because a simpler analogy will suffice here I think.

You know how if you start working out, or you start running, for the first time in your life, your progress is pretty slow? Like, it may take you 1 year of running to get from, say, being able to run 1 mile to being able to run 4? Or a year to get from being able to bench press 100 to being able to do 180?

Then, if you take off a year from working out, you end up right back where you were, only able to bench 100 or run a mile ... but then, if you continue working out, it doesn't end up taking you anywhere NEAR a year to get back to benching 180 or running that 4 miles again? It only takes maybe a month or two?

The EXACT same phenomena occurs with addiction. Only with opiates, its usually even faster than the time frames discussed above. Of course, it's a totally different set of processes involved, but it still comes down the body's ability to more quickly re-adapt to changes it's already made in the past than it is for it to adapt to changes being made to it for the first time.

Does that explain it well enough?
Old 12-12-2007, 12:26 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bvaljalo View Post
Roxy's are 30mg (6 percs worth in one little blue pill) oxycodone in an immediate release (as opposed to oxycontin, which is 12hr time release) formulation, with no tylenol or aspirin or any of that garbage.

They are pretty much the creme dela creme of the opiate pill world (in the USA especially) apart from Dilaudid ...
Not too long ago I would have read that and asked where can I get some of those...My how things have changed.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:45 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Thanks BV that did explain it. Of course working out is a foreign concept to me.

I hoped it helped anyone else who read it too.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:50 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

South Florida is awash in those little blue pills we call "roxies" (the real name is Roxicodone™.) They are so overprescribed you wouldn't believe it. They have these "pain clinics" down here which are so fast and loose with dispensing drugs, we would joke that they should just open a drive-through window.

People regularly are prescribed as many as 8 roxies a day... that's like taking 40 percocet daily, enough to get a habit, ya think??

I drove my connection to one of her appointments and I thought I walked into a William Burroughs novel: the waiting room was filled with hookers, hustlers, and strippers. I was reminded of his line: "The doctor didn't have patient one, unless you count junkies as patients."

Don't worry, I'm not longing for those days again, I'm just expressing my cynicism with Big Pharm.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:17 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Actually, it's 48 percs a day. Not to nitpick, but it only goes to further prove your point. I would imagine there's so much of the stuff partly due to the preponderance of retired folk in the area. But I'm sure it's also at least partly related to the doings of the bushista crime family, the c.i.a., and their massive opium farms in afghanistan ...
Old 12-13-2007, 02:30 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

how are things today devil?