Notices

Vitamin Info. & Drug Addiction

Old 08-28-2007, 10:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Post Vitamin Info. & Drug Addiction

http://www.go-symmetry.com/health/ba...ug%20addiction

Drug Addiction
In the world today, it appears there is a pill for anything and everything. If you have a headache, you can use some aspirin or acetaminophen for pain relief. If you are anxious or cannot sleep, you can take a some tranquilizers. If you are upset by work, marital problems, or kid problems, you can drown your sorrows in the drug alcohol. And of course there is cocaine, ecstacy, marijuana, heroin, and other drugs. Not very surprising, that many people have trouble with drug addiction Addiction exists when the body becomes so used to the presence of a foreign substance that it can no longer function properly when the substance is taken away. That is why a person addicted to a drug experiences withdrawal symptoms when the drug is removed. Drug withdrawal symptoms include: headache, sweating, insomnia, sensitivity to light or noise, diarrhea, hot or cold flashes, bad depression, irritability or mood swings, irrational thinking, disorientation, and stress. Persons who are addicted to drugs often focus on avoiding the pain of withdrawal symptoms, and thus the drug becomes the main issue in their life. This need to have the drug not matter what the cost leads to a breakdown of normal life, including damaged personal relationships, loss of employment, and can lead to criminal behavior. ... more
Nutrient / Supplement Importance( 1 - 10 ) Helpful notes
Multi-vitamin & Mineral
supplement 10 Nutrients are needed for general health and especially for those people with a drug problem. It should contain all of the vitamins especially vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin B5, and the minerals calcium and magnesium. The nutrients in a daily supplement are needed for good general health and well being.
B vitamin complex 10 the B vitamins are very important for the proper function of your brain and nervous system. Supplements with natural vitamin B can help with drug addiction, stress, and depression.
vitamin B12 10 helps with energy
Pantothenic acid 10 vitamin B5 aids with stress and the adrenal function
Niacin 10 vitamin B3 reqired for brain function
Omega fatty acids 10 aids in healing the effects of malnourishment for people with substance abuse problems
Red Clover 10 herb that helps detoxify the body and cleansing drug toxins from the bloodstream
Dandelion 10 herb that works well combined with red clover for detoxification
Blessed thistle 9 herb to help detoxify the liver
Calcium 9 this mineral nourishes the central nervous system and works with magnesium to help calm the body.
Magnesium 9 has a calming effect upon the body. It aids healing of the nervous system for people dealing with drug addiction
Glutathione 9 helps with the desireand craving for drugs and it also aids with detoxifying drugs to reduce harmful effects
vitamin C 9 detoxifies the body and helps to lessen the craving for drugs
Bioflavonoids 9 works with vitamin C
Zinc 9 mineral that promotes healthy immune system and protects the liver
Ginseng 9 can help with drug withdrawal symptoms especially for cocaine
Symmetry products people tell us they use for Drug Addiction
(click on the product name for more information)
Protection 4 Life Genesis
New Attitude
Advanced Omega
Nutra Pack
Mega Juice
NeuroCalm
BotanaCleanse Plus
excellent daily supplemental health systemliquid herbal detoxifying with Red clover, Dandelion, and more
has all 4 species of ginseng, other herbs for energy & immune system
flax seed, borage seed, and omegas in one formula
daily supplement with all the vitamins and minerals listed above
healing extracts from fruits & vegetables, bioflavonoids + carotenoids
can help with bad depression
colon intestinal cleansing and restoration - vital for good health

Often a colon / intestinal cleansing may be helpful to clean out the drugs and associated toxins. Adding to the problem of addiction is another problem known as drug tolerance. With continued drug use, the body starts to need more and more of the drug for the person to feel good and avoid the withdrawal symptoms. Many drug users increase the dosage too much and they die, or come very near to death, from the overdose. Drug addiction has both a powerful physical psychological as well as psychological components. In fact, with many kinds of drugs, addiction is mainly a problem with the psychological dependence upon the drug. While psychological dependence does not normally cause physical withdrawal symptoms after the person quits using the drug, it can result in deep cravings or desires that may last long after the physical addiction has already been beaten.> >
Most people know that drug overdose can kill, however many people do not know drugs are poisons or toxins that can kill you in other ways like: Angina, Heart attack, coronary and cardiovascular disease, severe damage to heart muscle, and damage to the immune system sometimes destroying 40% of the white blood cells. The weakening of the immune system makes the person more vulnerable to infection and other disease. An increasing threat of AIDS exists for drug addicts that use needles to deliver the drug.

Drug use often starts in childhood or teenage years. However, alcohol and smoking cigarettes are still two of the most widely accessible and legal drugs. Most young people using drugs start with one of these, then move into using less accessible or illegal drugs such as marijuana and ecstacy. Many young drug users think that common drugs such as alcohol and marijuana are pretty much harmless. They also believe that they can quit at any time without any problem. However, instead of quitting, many of them may turn to use stronger more powerful drugs. Drug usage also has a tendency to negatively impact the nutritional processing in the human body. Also, many people using drugs have a very poor diet. So enhanced nutrition can be a great benefit and may also help them to feel better about themselves and have more self esteem. The supplements and other changes on this webpage can help cleanse, heal, and give the body nutrients to recover from drug addiction and may also ease the withdrawal symptoms and drug cravings.
GOOD SUPPLEMENT PROGRAM TO TRY
ADULTS / TEENS:

BotanaCleanse Plus - do this first to cleanse toxins and make the other supplements work better.
Protection 4 Life with Genesis - has 4 products in it which all will benefit people with Drug addiction and the related health problems. This kit includes:

1. Advanced Omega
2. Mega Juice
3. NutraPack
4. Genesis

CHILDREN:

Genesis - use between 1 and 3 tablespoons a day
Fruit-a-Mins -or- Future Star - use normal dosage on the bottle

OTHER CHANGES TO MAKE
- drink steam distilled water (6-8 glasses a day)
- avoid all alcohol
- avoid saturated fats and fried foods
- eat high fiber diet (brown rice and millet are good)
- make sure to get vitamin A, C, and E
- reduced sugar, candy, etc...
- avoid caffeine, hydrogenated oils, fried foods, meat, soft drinks
- reduce dairy products in your diet
- fasting a few days a month
- high protein drinks can be helpful
- get exercise
- PRAY ... prayer helps with healing
Old 08-28-2007, 10:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Very informative Done !! I have to start taking vitamins on a daily basis.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah me too. Great info Done with it. There is so much information both positive and negative about vitamins that I've been using that as an excuse to not take them. Maybe someone here could recommend something that has worked for them.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Interesting information.

(BTW Done, that link isn't working. If you give me what it's supposed to be, I'll fix it, or you can re-post it)
Old 08-29-2007, 09:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

http://www.go-symmetry.com/health/ba...-addiction.htmshould do it for you Doug.

Just remember the company posting this is making their money selling these products so you may want to ask someone you know who is familiar with vitamins about these products before you start a regimen.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks **{DWI}}
I have taken a daily Multi-Vitamin for years but just recently added "B12" {for heart and circulation} and TUMS with Calcium.

Both my regular DR and GYN have been pushing the Calcium on me for over a year now {due to age and onset of peri-menopause} but I couldn't find one that didn't upset my stomach and wasn't mega expensive so my DR recently suggested trying the TUMS and it works great!!

~Jane
Old 08-29-2007, 09:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Thanks for the info ((((Done))))

I know I could not have gotten and stayed clean if it were not for herbs and supplements helping to clean out my body and restore my health.

Addiction is a health matter I believe that some people get addicted because they are under nourished...
Old 08-29-2007, 10:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Thanks Doug,

Not sure what happened to that link

http://www.go-symmetry.com/health/ba...-addiction.htm

Jane~I love my B12! lol I love all the B vitamins, esp. after stopping meth,
I had to start taking them all, esp. at first.

Splendra, I couldn't agree more!

Brewster, these worked for me, and someone here gave me a good list also when I was detoxing, if you pm me and remind me I'll either post it or pm it to you, it was really good.

Thanks Emmer, vitamins do help me alot, esp. when I remember to take them, lol

Alera 99% of those links don't work. And it doesn't really matter where you buy the vitamins from, that's not why I posted this, I bought mine from Trader Joes and GNC, I just liked the info. on here, and it did help me a lot, the info. that is.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks Ms. D
Old 08-29-2007, 07:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Thanks Ms. D
Welcome!! Glad you are SAFE!! We were worried
there for a minute.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I use a sublingual b6 -folic acid vitamin when detoxing from benzos .... I think they helped me keep my head together thru some of it.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:21 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Cool

hey ((((Done)))

you can always go to my recovery store:

http://www.lisafrequency.blogspot.com
Old 09-10-2007, 06:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

I'm rushing out to steam distill some water right now !
Old 09-11-2007, 07:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by windysan View Post
I'm rushing out to steam distill some water right now !
Early Death Comes From Drinking Distilled Water

During nearly 19 years of clinical practice I have had the opportunity to observe the health effects of drinking different types of water. Most of you would agree that drinking unfiltered tap water could be hazardous to your health because of things like

parasites
chlorine
fluoride
dioxins
Many health fanatics, however, are often surprised to hear me say that drinking distilled water on a regular, daily basis is potentially dangerous.

Paavo Airola wrote about the dangers of distilled water in the 1970's when it first became a fad with the health food crowd.

Distillation is the process in which water is boiled, evaporated and the vapour condensed. Distilled water is free of dissolved minerals and, because of this, has the special property of being able to actively absorb toxic substances from the body and eliminate them. Studies validate the benefits of drinking distilled water when one is seeking to cleanse or detoxify the system for short periods of time (a few weeks at a time).

Fasting using distilled water can be dangerous because of the rapid loss of electrolytes (sodium, potassium, chloride) and trace minerals like magnesium, deficiencies of which can cause heart beat irregularities and high blood pressure. Cooking foods in distilled water pulls the minerals out of them and lowers their nutrient value.

Distilled water is an active absorber and when it comes into contact with air, it absorbs carbon dioxide, making it acidic. The more distilled water a person drinks, the higher the body acidity becomes.

According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, "Distilled water, being essentially mineral-free, is very aggressive, in that it tends to dissolve substances with which it is in contact. Notably, carbon dioxide from the air is rapidly absorbed, making the water acidic and even more aggressive. Many metals are dissolved by distilled water."

The most toxic commercial beverages that people consume (i.e. cola beverages and other soft drinks) are made from distilled water. Studies have consistently shown that heavy consumers of soft drinks (with or without sugar) spill huge amounts of calcium, magnesium and other trace minerals into the urine.

The more mineral loss, the greater the risk for osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, hypothyroidism, coronary artery disease, high blood pressure and a long list of degenerative diseases generally associated with premature aging.

A growing number of health care practitioners and scientists from around the world have been advocating the theory that aging and disease is the direct result of the accumulation of acid waste products in the body.

There is a great deal of scientific documentation that supports such a theory. A poor diet may be partially to blame for the waste accumulation.

These and other junk foods can cause the body to become more acidic:

meats
sugar
alcohol
fried foods
soft drinks
processed foods
white flour products
dairy products
Stress, whether mental or physical can lead to acid deposits in the body.

There is a correlation between the consumption of soft water (distilled water is extremely soft) and the incidence of cardiovascular disease. Cells, tissues and organs do not like to be dipped in acid and will do anything to buffer this acidity including the removal of minerals from the skeleton and the manufacture of bicarbonate in the blood.

The longer one drinks distilled water, the more likely the development of mineral deficiencies and an acid state.

I have done well over 3000 mineral evaluations using a combination of blood, urine and hair tests in my practice. Almost without exception, people who consume distilled water exclusively, eventually develop multiple mineral deficiencies.

Those who supplement their distilled water intake with trace minerals are not as deficient but still not as adequately nourished in minerals as their non-distilled water drinking counterparts even after several years of mineral supplementation.

The ideal water for the human body should be slightly alkaline and this requires the presence of minerals like

calcium
magnesium
Distilled water tends to be acidic and can only be recommended as a way of drawing poisons out of the body. Once this is accomplished, the continued drinking of distilled water is a bad idea.

Water filtered through reverse osmosis tends to be neutral and is acceptable for regular use provided minerals are supplemented.

Water filtered through a solid charcoal filter is slightly alkaline. Ozonation of this charcoal filtered water is ideal for daily drinking. Longevity is associated with the regular consumption of hard water (high in minerals). Disease and early death is more likely to be seen with the long term drinking of distilled water.

Avoid it except in special circumstances.

Zoltan P. Rona MD MSc

http://www.mercola.com/article/water...lled_water.htm