Notices

Relapsed--need help from subxone users

Old 10-04-2008, 04:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapsed--need help from subxone users

Ok, so I relapsed and I feel of course like S*&^ about it. It just happened last night but is ongoing today. I started suboxone this past Thursday--it was working, but my psychological state overcame my ability to say no. I'm addicted to opiates--oxycodone. I have to go to the MD on Mon and I'm sure he's going to drug test me. Does anyone know, with certainty, if I were to not take anymore tonight or tomorrow if I would test positive on Monday? I know I need to be honest with him, and I will be, but I don't watn a positive test. I'm afraid he would say I'm not ready for subxone, but everything in my being says I'm ready to quit except for this damn thing in my head that says one more time--reminds me of I can't use but I can't quit. I know how to start the suboxone, which I wouldn't be able to do until tomorrow night--should be at least 24 hours after starting withdrawal. Does anyone have any suggestions? I know there are OTC drug tests but they are expensive. I guess it is my shame and embarassement for being weak that wants it to test negative. Any help?
Old 10-05-2008, 05:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I believe opiates are in the system for a couple of weeks, relapse is often part of the journey.Be honest, if they remove you from the program, after one slip- they are not in the business for the right reason.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sunflower, Here is some info foryou, First if your honest with him you can always tell him you took it . Your test results depends on how much you took, the dosage,how long you have been taking them, yourweight and metabolism.. Anyhow, all drugs have half-lifes the amount of time it takes for half the drug to leave, eliminate from your body. Now a lot ofdifferent stuff can increase this value , liverand kidney problems. Okay ,You don't mention how much you took so lets say you took 20mg of Oxycodone , the half life is 3-4.5 hours :
Anotherwords:
4.5 hours later - 10 mg remaining in your system
9 hours later - 5mg "
13.5 " 2.5mg remaining
31-32 hours0.16mg left your okay I would allow upto 48 hours tobe on safe side. I hope this helps and you have a good doc you can just tell him what happened , its hard at the beginning, hang in there bro Detoxguy