Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

18 yr old girl getting ready to detox from roxis after 3 years

Notices

Old 01-08-2009, 12:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Im a huge hearted, loving, sweet person that has been taken over by the evil pill named roxi. I've been on 4 roxis a day for 3 years and I have to stop. I've tried quitting several times and it's the worst feeling. It's like death in my stomach. I just cant do it cold turkey. I've tried suboxone and it helped. But theres only one small problem. I need some inspiration to stop, I really dont WANT to stop, but i have to. They're in my household where they are always in reach. My boyfriend of about 4 months doesnt know. And it's hurting me so bad. I cry myself to sleep 2 nights out of the week. I talk to God at night, and pray for him to calm my mind and to help me figure out what is going on with me. Maybe i need a therapist lol. no but seriously, i need some advice

I once went to a christian based rehab and couldnt last more than 3 days. That's how bad it hurt. I was so sick i really should have went to the E.R. but i didnt. And it's hard when co-dependency exists in my situation. I just need to stop. I just need some advice. Someone to tell me that they have been there and know what im going through, and to give me any tips to help. I really just need some GOOD advice from an experienced person. ANYTHING. PLEASE....

I HAVE TO STOP... It will be greatly greatly appreciated if i can get some responses that can motivate me to head down the road to recovery, for GOOd this time. Im sick and tired of this...

Thank you
Old 01-08-2009, 01:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

"I need some inspiration to stop, I really dont WANT to stop, but i have to"
Your inspiration to stop can be that if you do not stop you will end up in jails, institutions & death. I think you do have a desire to stop because you came here!
Also, as far as co-dependency goes. With many addicts there is a co-dependency issue. I have one but it does get better once you are clean.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

I don't have experience with roxi's, but just to give you my support. Get this thing kicked while you are young, or you will on this merry go round till you die. It does not get better, no matter what the drug.

Can you get onto subs under a doctor's care?

lb xx
Old 01-08-2009, 05:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Rehab, possibly a rehab unit in a hospital.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do or do not. There is no try.

I have been there, and I know what you are going through. Welcome to SR! This is where i too began my road to recovery. I am a drug addict of basically any drug ever invented, but my favorite flavor was all opiates/opioids. Vicodin, Oxy, Roxi...You name it I loved it. I wish i could just instill some inspiration upon you to stop, but sadly I cant. You mentioned you dont want to stop, but HAVE to. Truth is you dont have a choice, you, as an addict, are incapable of choosing to stop. You have lost the power of choice. Thats why it seems so difficult. BUT, you can stop, there is a solution, and it wont be easy but can be done if you are willing and ready.

Here is my suggested course of action: Go to a meeting. AA/NA, whatever you can find, just go. Today! NOW! Dont try to make an excuse, dont say you will check one out tomorrow...Just do it. Go there, introduce yourself and say its your first meeting, the people there will take things from there. Then come back here, and tell us how it went. Good luck.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thank you tryin2recover.
you said exactly what im going through...i was like wow, that is crazy how you described my exact situation. And YES i WANT to go to NA meetings, i just have to find out where they are held because i just relocated to florida..
but i really appreciate your reply.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

I have no idea about NA, but I know that when I went to AA in Florida twenty years ago, I thought--man, all the alcoholics must have come here to live. You could go to a meeting just about anytime of the day or night.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 01-09-2009, 06:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes there are TONS of AA/NA meetings in Florida!!!
Check out
Florida Regional Service Committee of Narcotics Anonymous
You can find all the meetings on the site. I see you are from satellite beach, trust me there are probably meetings everyday of the week several times a day in your area.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

another +1 for the NA way ... 19 months clean and sober off of a 3+year bender on oxy/roxy/vikes/morphine/dilaudid/any opioid short of heroin here. I used subs to get off the stuff myself, but I was doing at least double what you are doing, dose-wise, myself. i did what t2r said to do (in fact, I was one of the people that told him the same thing he's tellin you right now, right Pete?). AA/NA saved my bacon for sure. i'd type more but hand is hurt, so ... good luck, hit some meetings, and keep posting
Old 01-09-2009, 09:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi there! Just wanted to say I admire you and what a mature decisioin. Most 18yr olds feel invincible and no need to stop till they hit their 20's and so on to realize what a mess they are in. you are young and can DO this. I really do admire you, and pray you will have great success. you are doing WAYY better than I am and your drug is wayyy stronger thann mine!! You are to be applauded for seeking out help!!! AT 18 I didnt give a sh**!!!