Notices

Will Suboxone test positive on a drug test?

Old 03-28-2009, 08:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I have a question, ive been taking percacets / vics for 4 years . I was introduced to subutex and have been taking for 2 weeks now. I have to go and see my po on monday . I know they give the 5 panel tst. My question is will subutex show p in a 5 panel test ? Thank you
Old 03-28-2009, 08:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
To infinity.....AND BEYOND!

Originally Posted by CANSAS View Post
I have a question, ive been taking percacets / vics for 4 years . I was introduced to subutex and have been taking for 2 weeks now. I have to go and see my po on monday . I know they give the 5 panel tst. My question is will subutex show p in a 5 panel test ? Thank you
NO, but it's a good idea to let your PO know what you're up to IMO. Subutex has to be specifically tested for I believe.

5-panel test:
opiates
cocaine
amphetamine
PCP
cannibis
Old 03-28-2009, 09:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

Originally Posted by CANSAS View Post
I ass-u-me you're taking street sub and not under a doc's care. If you are under a doc's care and taking sub, your PO shouldn't care. My best research says, while there is always the chance of a false positive, sub does not show up as an opiate.

Now, if you're trying to recover, take some action. Otherwise this is just another post about beating a drug test.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:13 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FrmrlyStgbr View Post
I ass-u-me you're taking street sub and not under a doc's care. If you are under a doc's care and taking sub, your PO shouldn't care. My best research says, while there is always the chance of a false positive, sub does not show up as an opiate.

Now, if you're trying to recover, take some action. Otherwise this is just another post about beating a drug test.
Thank you. I couldn't figure out how to say that. You're always the NO ******** kind of person. I LOVE YOU. You're exactly what I need a lot of times. I really get a lot out of what you post. Just sayin' thanks.

THREAD HIJACKED!!!
Old 03-28-2009, 09:41 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Old 03-28-2009, 12:18 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

Originally Posted by scott View Post
I LOVE YOU. You're exactly what I need a lot of times. I really get a lot out of what you post. Just sayin' thanks.
Y'know, Scott, I'm a-goin' through a little rough patch what with the upcoming surgery 'n all...and your words just really brightened this ol' bear's day. I appreciate that...
Old 03-28-2009, 01:01 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

no prob bear. I'll pray for you and for your surgery.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:11 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Nope!!

I KNOW FOR A FACT IT WILL NOT!! DON'T LISTEN TO ANY OF THOSE FOOLS. I SAW MY PO WITH ONE DISSOLVING UNDER MY TONGUE THAT MORNING. YOU'RE ALL GOOD BROTHA, TAKE IT FROM SOMEONE WHO'S BEEN IN RECOVERY FOR YEARS AND AN ADDICT FOR EVEN MORE. YOU'RE ALL GOOD.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:28 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR koondawg. You've replied to a fairly old thread.

Please take the time out to read our rules: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ting-tips.html

For anyone new reading this thread I think Margos advice was excellent: it's best to check with a physician for this kind of info and not rely on our non-expert opinions.

D
Old 10-22-2009, 04:32 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ranaynay View Post
I have been on Suboxone since March and I am interviewing for a new job which requires a drug screen (urinalyisis) will I test positive for opiates?
I do not know, but every drug test I've taken, I don't tell them what medications I am on until they come back and ask me about anything I -did- test positive for. Like when I was on darvocets for an injury. I took a drug screen for a job, they said I came back positive for a component of darvocet and asked why it would be in my system. I said that I totally forgot to mention it and had my script at home. Was happy to bring it in and give them my doctor's phone number. So once I did that and they verified my prescription, they were fine with it.
I am not saying it's what you should do, but it IS what I did. They can't ask why you are on it. Their only concern, if you tested positive for something, that you have it in your system legally. If something shows up as an opiate, then make sure you mention the prescription. All kinds of pain killers are opiate positive. Don't know about the medication you are on, though. If I were you, I'd definitely check with a doctor..
Old 03-01-2010, 08:40 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

spark is right. i was worried about this myself. i was on soboxon for about 6 months up till last November when my insurance ran out. since then, i have been taking 4mg a day that my roommate gives me cause he is on them from his doctor. i do construction and am in a union and we have this little white van that pulls up and drug tests us randomly on the spot. i got popped last month and had just taken my soboxon about an hour before. it came back negative and i know the union tests are pretty extensive. ,i have never heard of someone having a positive test just from soboxon.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:17 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kj3880 View Post
Didn't show up in mine, and I have a high-powered clearance...so good luck. My doc told me it would only show up if they were testing specifically for it, and that is done usu. only if they suspect it. And why would they suspect that anyways? In my experience, it really is hard to tell if someone is taking it unless they are taking a real heavy dose, like 16 mg. Then they do seem a little bit spacey and sleepy, at least the two I know who are on that dose.

But no, it shouldn't show up unless you are like, trying out for the olympics. It doesn't get tested for at most randoms and employment screens, including most police, fire dept, and etc. I would probably list it on the drug screen list if it was a normal job, like something administrative, cashier, accounting, or clerical. I don't think they could discriminate against you for it in those type of jobs. And most people who aren't addicts and don't deal with addicts don't know what bupe is. They wouldn't likely look into it, esp. if you put it in a list with tylenol and claritin, for example.

But, maybe I wouldn't tell if I was going for a job where driving, shooting, or stuff like that was required, because they might be able to not hire you based on the fact that it could be considered as a medication that makes you sleepy (really if you are on the most common doseage, and you are used to the medication, that doesn't pose "sleepy" problems for most of us) In that case, if it was me, I would hold onto my prescription and only bring it out if it was discovered. Then I would say I was taking it off-label for depression, which it is being clinically tested for in trials. I would say that I was part of the trials for it. But that's just the strategy that my doc and I worked out, you should talk to your doc to work out your own. It's important to have options ahead of time, I think, just for your peace of mind.
KJ
Thanks a lot for your post. Very helpful and informative. I do have a couple questions for you but I need to have 5 posts before i can pm someone. Can you pm me?

Thank you!
Old 08-05-2011, 07:09 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
FT

100pl00p:

I just wanted to let you know that the post you replied to is 3 years old. It may be the poster isn't even on SR any more.

Maybe you could post your questions on your own thread and get some responses?

FT
Old 08-05-2011, 07:26 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR l00pl00p

Like FT said this is a fairly old thread.

For the record I *still* think Margo's advice is excellent - it's best to check with a physician for this kind of info and not rely on our non-expert opinions.

D
Old 11-05-2011, 10:08 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Angry

[QUOTE=bvaljalo;1903720]Nope, bupe doesn't show up as an opiate on a screening, neither does oxy/hydrocodone. That's basically because they're not opiates, they're opioids, meaning they are (in general) synthetically derived, using complex chemical processes, from the thebaine component of the opium poppy. As opposed to being codeine or morphine (or very simple derivatives thereof), which are technically the only drugs that are opiates.
lol . what a bad answer they will all show in a test opiated or opioids!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2011, 10:11 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

sorry subs dont show positive on test .
Old 11-07-2011, 05:39 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I'm a PO who accidently stumbled into this forum b/c I thought I was in the "friends and families" Our panel urine screens don't test for suboxone but if we have someone who has a hx with opiates we do a "suboxone dip." We only recently started using them. Our day report center uses a panel screen that has suboxone built in. Just FYI.

PS: we also test for synthetics now too.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:14 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
FT

Thayli,

Hey there. I'm glad you posted here. This kind of question comes up here and there, usually from people considering subs to get off oxys. But there are some suboxone abusers out there as well, which I am sure you know.

While you're here, browse around. You may find this forum useful to you in your work. I never really understood addiction until it happened to me. Now, I take an entirely different view of it. You may be surprised at the posts here, which are quite diversified.

FT
Old 07-24-2013, 11:21 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Exclamation Suboxone and Subutex shows up on drug test!!!!!

Yes it will show up as an opiate or opioids !!!!! I repeat it will show up on a urine test!! I am living proof. I thought it wouldn't either. It's what i have always been told. The judge gave me a drug test and I FAILED FOR OPIATES !!!!! I don't care how smart everyone thinks they are that says you have to test directly for bupe's or subs. The test they give now is ALL covered under opiates. The judge was going to sentence me to 3 1/2 years in the Department of Corrections!!! he gave me 30-45 days to get myself off of Suboxone and Subutex. Please take my advice!! I beg of you because your freedom is not worth losing over someone who thinks they are so educated in this matter and they are ALL WRONG!!!!!! I am very sincere in this matter please take my advice. If you have to take a drug test specifically urine test get yourself clean two weeks prior!!! The new test covers all under one category. Please I tried to listen to all of your advise and it was dead wrong, so unless you want to do the time for these people's freedom you all are putting in danger, retract your false info!!
Old 07-24-2013, 11:24 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Sorry man you are wrong! read my post please just b/c your P.O. doesn't have this test doesn't mean it's that way nation wide!