Notices

Trying To Get Off Cocaine

Old 07-15-2007, 10:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Hey Hollywood!~

It's good to see you back here! I do believe you can do anything you set your mind too. But becareful replacing one drug with another. I stopped doing meth on my own, so I know those withdrawels and how hard it is, but I got through it without a joint to help me and you can too.

If this is the way you want to try it, good for you, put all you have into it. If it works, Great. If it doesn't, then find something that does. I'm not here to push anything on you or any type of recovery on you, just support you while you find your own way.

But I did just want to mention what I did before, The Hollywood Recovery Center is definately not a rehab. I'm not really sure what it is, but if anything it's more of a counseling/meeting type place. So if you need any options keep them in mind.

Good luck to you, I hope you do what you have to do to kick this thing. Thanks for checking in with us!
Old 07-15-2007, 07:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

And I know I'm addicted, but I've never stole money, sold my things, or done any other stupid or "crackhead movements" for coke YET.

Fixed that for you. Once coke stops being an occasional drug and starts being a habitual one (whether social or not), it is a slippery slope downwards. Don't pat yourself on the back until you've been clean a year or more. On coke, people start doing all sorts of things they wouldn't do otherwise. If you keep using, it's only a matter of time. Quit completely and stop pretending your different.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:55 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Evolving Addict

Originally Posted by Hollywoooood View Post
And I know I'm addicted, but I've never stole money, sold my things, or done any other stupid or "crackhead movements" for coke. I used my own money everytime, or friends would let me hit for free (I never did it alone, it was always a social thing). I think I can do it, all my friends think I can do it, and have no problem with me getting off it (a lot of my friends want to get off it as well now that I've mentioned I'm quiting to them). I know I have enough will-power to stay off it, and I'll never hit alone (I've had large amounts in my closet before, and it's stayed in their untouched for days because none of my friends that hit were around, and I would feel like a "head" if I did it alone, which I never wanna be)....And I made a mistake in my last post, I've been smoking weed again, just to mellow me out whenever I think about snorting (been drinking too, but I did both these things before I started coke). I'd rather drink and smoke, than hit anyday.

Just one more little thing I wanted to mention: no drug ever affected my school work. I graduated in the 4 years, and on one exam, I snorted right before I went in to write it, I hadn't studied at all for it, and I ended up with the highest mark on the exam :P go figure.
To everyone trying to help Hollywood: I'm sure most of you guys in recovery have said almost exactly the same words at one time or another, right? "I never did this or that." or "I think I can do it...my friends will help me." Or how about this one - "Oh...weed and drinking aren't my problem, it's only the other stuff."

Although I must give him much credit for attempting to get help, it's apparent that his denial runs deep (and almost rightfully so). In the early stages of our own addictions, were we so willing to listen to the advice of others? Let alone follow that advice?

Health
Wealth
Youth and
Brains

The 4 things that keep addicts from obtaining succesful recovery. As long as we have these factors still working for us, we will always rationalize and justify our behavior. He hasn't experienced a bottom yet and believes himself unique. If he is truly an addict...it's only a matter of time before he surrenders. Our experience and our stories bear witness, yet, he has to see for himself. God willing, if he survives.

Hollywood, do whatever you think is best for you. Just remember that help is always available when and if you need it. You don't have to do it alone.

Keep coming back.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hollywood,

You remind me a lot of my sister right before things got really bad. I know you haven't stolen yet, but believe me, you will if you don't get help now. My sister always swore she could stop at any time; she now has three felony charges against her, not to mention that she almost died after an accidental OD. And she is only 19! So much life ahead of her, but she was on a path to end it too quickly... and I think you know the stakes here, so I don't mean to sound preachy, but I hope and pray that you find the strength to do what it takes to get into a good rehab program. You need to be away from all people and places that you associate with the coke long enough to fully detox, and then for even longer, so you have a sober place where you can focus on meetings, therapy and making new friends.

I hate to have to say this, but deep down I think you already know that anyone who is willing to sit by while you harm yourself, whether by doing coke or anything else, is not a true friend. This person emotionally abandoned you a long time ago, now it would be in your best interest to remove yourself from that situation. Trust me, as harsh as this sounds, they will just find someone else to get high with until they are ready to stop... and until they are ready to stop, it will be very hard for you to be around them without getting high. Even if you could do it, why would you want to be around someone who gets high while you are trying to stop?

I know you think you have things under control, but please think long and hard about getting help now. There are all kinds of resources out there, don't be afraid to use them.

*hugs and prayers*