Notices

Big Problem!!!

Old 06-30-2007, 09:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
help123

Thumbs down Big Problem!!!

Everyone here knows my history practically that I am an addict. I am now on methadone and go to a program. My doc was fetenal pathes, hyros, and anything else. Well, my mom has always not taken anything like painkillers cuz she didn't want to get addicted. The doctor gave her kolapin and she won't believe me that it is addictive. She says that she asked 3 docs and they say know. Even the doc she asked yesterday told me he can't give it to me cuz it is addictive but told her otherwise! Please help, I don't want my mom to end up like me. She was on .5 one time a day know she's on 1mgs 3 times a day! Is there any info I can send her? not coming from me but something she'll listen too? Thanks for listening and I hope you can help me!
Old 06-30-2007, 09:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
help123

Also, I took that lunesta yesterday and the taste was horrible and is still in my mouth even after I took my methadone (mine tastes like robutison cough syrup). I didn't sleep either! I think that maybe I'll just go back on trazadone, I was atleast getting some sleep, about 4 hrs. Tonight, since it is Sat, I'll go get some benadryl and try that! My mom says welbutrin makes her hands shake so do mine, has anyone else had that prob? Sorry, I tried to put these together but they wouldn't let me!
Old 06-30-2007, 09:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Alycia

Go to this site and read - talk to Colin - the Admin.
http://www.benzobuddies.org/
Good luck.
HIghly addictive stuff - she has already escalated to 3 mgs.
Did you know that the maximum dose per day which is regulated by law in the UK is 4 mg klonopin per day.? Your mum is already on almost the max dose allowable - not good news.
Lunesta is another nasty addictive drug. Again - check it out with benzo buddies.
You will see some familiar faces in the forum too!!
woops
Old 06-30-2007, 11:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Lost-n-Found

Hello,
Maybe the doctor is prescribing Klonopin because your mother is not an addict. You, however, are. He's the doctor, we're not.
I hate Klonopin/Rivotril
Old 07-01-2007, 05:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Klonopin not addictive ?......that's a laugh.
Klonopin is super addictive, I started off with a really small dose and then was given more and more because of the bodys -tolerance- within just months I was up to 13mg daily (prescribed).

Plain and simple / the withdrawals are something from Hell!
You can even die from them......and that's the truth!
It's like 2ala2 put it ___ Klonopin is the devil disgised as a pill. ____
If your mother is not an addict, she soon will be.
No doctor in the clinic I am going to now will even prescribe klonopin....they won't have anything to do with it.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have lots of opinions on this. Will post about them later.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Klonopin..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Everyone here knows my history practically that I am an addict. I am now on methadone and go to a program. My doc was fetenal pathes, hyros, and anything else. Well, my mom has always not taken anything like painkillers cuz she didn't want to get addicted. The doctor gave her kolapin and she won't believe me that it is addictive. She says that she asked 3 docs and they say know. Even the doc she asked yesterday told me he can't give it to me cuz it is addictive but told her otherwise! Please help, I don't want my mom to end up like me. She was on .5 one time a day know she's on 1mgs 3 times a day! Is there any info I can send her? not coming from me but something she'll listen too? Thanks for listening and I hope you can help me"!

I will first go into my experience with benzos (Klonopin, Ativan, Xanax, Valium).

When I was 16 years old I suffered my first panic attack while I was walking down a hallway in high school. It was so bad I wound up in the ER. At first they didn't know that it was a panic attack. I went through various neurological tests and they all came back negative. I saw a psychiatrist and he believed I was suffering from a severe panic disorder. He prescribed me Ativan (a benzodiazepine like Klonopin). It worked; the panic attacks went away. Through the years my tolerance grew and I needed higher and higher doses. Then I started abusing them. I would get a set amt per month and I finished them up early. When i was without them i suffered from severe withdrawal. I couldn't function.

I have been taking and abusing benzos since I was 16. I am 33 now. On May 9th 2007 I took a whole prescription of Valium. I have such a high tolerance that I didn't even get a buzz. I told my husband what I did and the next day entered rehab/detox. They "cold turkey'd" me off of Valium. A big no, no!!!! I could have had a seizure or died. At first I didn't suffer from any withdrawal because I had such a high amt of Valium in my system. When I got home I was sick as h-ll!!! I had tremmors, I was uncoordinated, I couldn't walk straight, I had and still do have horrible tinnitus, I have insomnia, acne (a common symptom of withdrawal). I had every withdrawal symptom in the book.

I saw a psychatrist and he had no choice but to put me on klonopin; 10mg a day. As soon as I took the first dose I felt 100% better. Now I only take it when i feel I need it. Every morning my husband shells out 5 pills. If I feel like I need a dose I take it. Today I have only taken 2mg and I feel great; except for the tinnitus which might never go away; most probably do to the high amount of benzodiazepines I have taken through the past 16 years. My dr. belives I might have to be on Klonopin for the remainder of my life because my body has developed a dependency. I don't want to go into all the medical jargon. Right now I am NOT psychologically addicted to Klonopin (in the past I was). I am PHYSICALLY addicted to it.

As for your mother...

1. Why is the dr. prescribing her Klonopin to begin with? Is it for anxiety? Panic attacks?

If your mother doesn't have an addictive personality she most probably wont get addicted to it; BUT in all probability her body will become physically addicted to it.

BENZOS S-CK!!!!! I wish I was NEVER prescribed a benzo. There are other drugs out there to help with anxiety. It is absolute H-LL going off of benzos. Sometimes tapering doesn't even work. If your mother doesn't need Klonopin; in no way shape or form should she take it. You can also visit www.benzobuddies.org for some other stories.

Liz
Old 07-01-2007, 06:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Gee Lizrox i can harly believe anyone would try to detox you from benzos after being on them for sooo many years. That is cruel and dangerous.
Be very careful taking benzos when you only need them because 10mg today and 1/2 mg tomorrow and so on might put you @ risk of a siezer.
Alysia / i hope your mom will be ok.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Putting it all together

Klonopin....

Klonopin-a benzodiazapine that is HIGHLY adictive. It is used mainly for panic attacts and anxiety. I was on it for 4 years for anxiety and had to be hospitalized to detox off it. Please tell your mother to go to Medline.com and the have all drugs listed alphebetically. She can look up Klonopin. It comes in 0.5, 1 mg. 2mg. and again is HIGHLY addictive. I am an RN and know. Have her write me at my email address and I will talk to her.

PEACE
Kahlia