Notices

big step new start

Old 08-26-2012, 12:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

big step new start

Hi everyone, haven't been on in awhile. I will recap from the first thread I wrote which was the first time I ever joined or wrote in a forum and let me tell you I'm thankful I. Did as I got some great advise and felt very welcomed by everyone. So. I've been using opiates for 6 yrs. Vic perc. Where my D.O.C at 18 to 20 a day for the past yr before that ten was a very bad day for me but the last yr I've spiraled due to a lot of personal issues in my life. Last month was my bottom and for the FIRST time I was ready to quit for me not anyone else I've said I've wanted to quit so many times but it was always for my husband or money as I know now that doesn't work especially since my husband uses to but. Right now I'm not thinking about that I'm focusing on me. So last month I posted about my expierence going to a suboxone/methadone clinic and how the dr gave me sub script and sent me home I took sub after 24 hrs and was sick for 3 days talked to the dr everyday and he kept telling me to keep taking after a wk I stopped with intentions on re industing myself. That's when I realized even with a script of suboxone I can't do this alone with 3 young kids and me working and my husband working I need more support. So I've. Taken the next step fessed up to my parents whom are both drs and they are very supportive they helped me find and inpatient rehab my ins pays for 7 days in and the intensive outpatient after. I'm actually excited yet very nervous at the same time I go in on 3rd. My question is what is it like? What can I expect anyone who has gone threw this any advice or personal exp please share it. I'm afraid of the unknown the rehab gave me some info but where in depth on what to expect. Please let me know your exp and how was it how it felt and how you felt coming out?
Old 08-26-2012, 01:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I did nopt go to a treatment facility so I have no personal knowledge.
Other members who did will be better able to share on that.

Welcome back to SR....
Old 08-26-2012, 07:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks. Yes I really hope someone sees this thread soon and replies with some personal exp. Of what they went threw in inpatient detox and recovery. Did you quite on your own? I tried so hard but failed so I know I need more in depth treatment. I just really want to know what the expierence was for others good or bad.