Notices

I'm gonna try to get off Lortab

Old 05-16-2007, 10:47 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

yes I was taking 15 10mgs a day. Occasionally I took more but usually about 15 pills per day.
So far my problems seem to be all physical. I'm dreading the emotional stuff. I'd much rather be in physical misery than emotional misery anyday. Right now I feel like a prisoner in my own body. I keep thinking I'll feel better soon but time is dragging.
I guess time is both the best and the worst. It's the best because it's always there and it heals. It's the worst because it's always there and when things are bad it seems to drag on slowly.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:31 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
wants life back

Im with you now butterfly as I have also decided to completly get off lortab. I take them under supervision but I want to NOT take them period. I have am working on 24 hours now and plan to hopefully keep going.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:46 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Day 4 almost under my belt! Yay!!!!!
Old 05-17-2007, 04:12 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I'm rooting for all of you. Keep up the good work!!!!!
Old 05-17-2007, 07:59 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! Day 5 and I feel pretty good. I've just been bored as my husband has been working out of town each week. But, he'll be home tonight!!!
Old 05-17-2007, 10:59 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Well done butterflylover! You're there now!

Bio - you will be nearing the worst of the physical symptoms by now. The emotional side is hard - caused me to relapse. That's why I know I need support this time...

Best of luck to you all x
Old 05-17-2007, 02:18 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Thanks! I'm still truckin'.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:46 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Day 6 and I think I got the job that I interviewed for last week! I hope so.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:11 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
T1
sparkly clean

Originally Posted by butterflylover View Post
Day 6 and I think I got the job that I interviewed for last week! I hope so.

very cool. You're doing great.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:54 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Gee, I was going to suggest you look on the hydrocodone addiction thread for helpful information, but it looks like you're doing pretty darn well on your own. Way to go!
Old 10-15-2007, 11:11 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Unhappy Need Help getting of Lortabs

Can anyone give me a break down on how to get off lortabs.. I have to do it cold turkey and I want to try and get off on my own.. and then If I can't and need to do something else then i'll check into it.. but does anyone know the withdrawls... and how long it usually takes.. so i can have an idea on how long I'm going to feel bad?? The longest I've ever went was 3 days and boy did I feel bad.. I had leg pain..and cramps.. back pain.. vomiting.. runny nose.. just liek I had a severe flu.. I'm up to taking 5 lortab 5's ev. 4 hours.... and I need your help to get off... I'm so sick of worrying about not having them and thinking about them all the time... Thanks... again...

Last edited by Peter; 10-15-2007 at 02:59 PM. Reason: email address removed
Old 10-15-2007, 11:29 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

It ain't gonna be pretty and it is MUCH BETTER IF YOU GET MEDICAL HELP DOING IT (DETOX). If you plan on going it alone then take a week off work, stock up on gatorade/powerade, get some Ensure protein shakes(old people drinks), some ibuprofen, a carton of smokes if you smoke. Get some Immodium for the diahrrea(sp?). Find a comfortable place with a bed and a bathtub. If you have a doctor please see him/her and tell him/her what you are doing. I tell ya, it is really hard but not impossible. You can check in with us periodically. Many here have done it.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:04 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

everything windy said is dead on..
hot baths are a life saver too...
when I was on about the same amount of lortab and stopped because the pain issue was gone,I thought I had the flu for a week..duh..but days 6 and 7 felt a ton better..
Old 10-16-2007, 10:44 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by T1 View Post
i know it would be near impossible to stay clean if I had a bottle of opiates sitting around. I recently turned myself in to my internet provider so I could be cut off for sure.
Just out of curiousity, what do you mean by you turned yourself into your internet provider?? I don't understand.

Btw, how is your journey going??
Old 10-18-2007, 02:34 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Today is day three.. I feel like crap and my WHOLE ENTIRE body hurts. I feel like I'm losing my mind.. but I'm going to get through this.. I think i can get through this and I'm praying I can.. Thanks for helping I appreciate it a bunch
Old 10-29-2007, 05:57 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Well guys and girls.. I DID IT!!! and I feel great. I had a week of horror.. but I'm feeling great now.. If I can do then YOU can do.. Best of luck to you all.. and thank you so much for your caring thoughts of encouraging.. I COULDN'T have done it without you all.. Thanks again.. and best wishes.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:44 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by breezystorms View Post
Well guys and girls.. I DID IT!!! and I feel great. I had a week of horror.. but I'm feeling great now.. If I can do then YOU can do.. Best of luck to you all.. and thank you so much for your caring thoughts of encouraging.. I COULDN'T have done it without you all.. Thanks again.. and best wishes.

Congrats on making it this far breezy! Unfortunately, I'm still taking Lortabs. But, I still come to the site and read posts.

I wish you the best on your recovery!!
Old 08-16-2008, 12:54 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

trying to kick the dreaded lortab to

hello my name is johnny i have been hooked on all pain pills for 10 years now i have had 2 back surgerys and never even smoked pot before (and still dont )them so here we go day 1 wish me luck i need all the help i can get thanks

p.s
if you can live with the pain before back surgery dont get one mine made me worst and my moms too
:praying
Old 08-16-2008, 03:56 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Living the good!!

hang on and hang in there johnny...