Notices

I am so mad and upset

Old 08-22-2007, 06:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am so mad and upset

Well as some of you know by now I am supposed to be on subs. I've done everything right. In withdrawal hell and trecked to the doctors to see him and get my script.

I take the script to the pharmacy feeling increasingly worse from withdrawals. I already feel like shite and feeling quite embarassed cus the prescription is on some sort of special paper that is for methadone and subs.

So I go in trying to be inconspicuous and hoping the chemist will be senstive to my needs. Instead she looks at the script suspiciously and then looks at me suspiciously and tells me she will have to check it out with the doctor. So I say fine and she rings but the doctor is closed till 3. So when she comes back I ask her why she has to ring and she gives me some **** about how I'm not regular there. Basically she was saying (in a round a bout way) that I am a junkie and she thinks I've forged the script. I said I would take it somewhere else but she said they'll only do the same there and I should leave it there so she can ring later.

I have never had anyone make me feel so small and worthless ever. I'm in tears now and still in agony cus of withdrawals and no pills to help.

Why is it that ever since I've tried to get help I've been made to feel awful. The chemist was perfectly happy to hand me my prescription codeine but won't give m the thing I need to get off them - irony eh?!

I can't tell you how low I feel. I feel like scum.

I rang one of my friends (the only one who knows) and he said he'd take me back and ask for an apology. I don't think I can face it though. I've got to go back there every week!

Sorry to rant. It just really pissed me off.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know you are right ((((anvil))))

I guess it's just the way she spoke to me ya know? There was no need for it.

I still have my pride x
Old 08-22-2007, 07:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Squirty,

Things will be fine as soon as you can get back up there later this afternoon, right? I know how frustrating it is, and how insulting it was, but if you're anything like me, and so far we seem to be very similar in some ways, when I don't feel well I tend to take everything personally, and even the things I don't take personally I get grouchy about.

Not that I'm saying that you are overreacting or anything like that, but like anvil said, it is probably protocol for them to verify the prescription. I can tell you that when my sister went on suboxone for a little while, the pharmacy explained to my mom that they keep very little in stock because there is such a high tendancy for it to be stolen, or for people to forge the prescription so they can sell it on the streets. So it really would not surprise me if it had nothing to do with you at all, but rather with their normal procedure for administering that particular medicine. That doesn't mean she wasn't out of line in the way she spoke to you, but just keep looking to the time this afternoon when you'll be able to go back and pick it up, and all will feel better.

And you know what, if you are still bothered by this in a day or two, why not sit down and write the pharmacy a letter, explaining why you're upset? They may not have realized that they came across as hostile as they did.

Either way, I am so glad that you got your prescription for the subs like you wanted... just remember to be gentle with yourself.

*hugs*
Old 08-22-2007, 07:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Did you go a few days without codeine now? That's what's really gnawing at you, everybody seems like they hate you when you are in withdrawal.

Was this a script for subs or a script for codeine? If so, start taking the subs, you'll be over this nightmare real quick. If your first experience with subs is that it makes it worse and not better--don't worry, this is very common. Think of it as the suboxone knocking the last of opiates out of your system. You just have to "push through" as they say--in other words, keep taking the suboxone even if it seems to make you feel worse, eventually (within 6-24 hours) it will turn you around.

Just be careful you don't take enough subs to get a buzz off them--I've personally never experienced that but I've heard it's possible. We wouldn't want to see you merely trade in your codeine habit for a buprenorphine habit.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

**{Squirty}} I am sorry you were made to feel bad and I can totally relate to that feeling of being looked down on at the pharmacy! Not a good feeling but if you are in there for legit reasons and you know that, then that's all that really matters, right??

I would let it go this time and maybe once they get to know you as a customer they will be abit more kinder?
They really do have to treat everyone the same and often, with suspicion because that is part of their job. Checking with a DR is pretty standard especially for a new customer. I justify that in my own mind as a precaution to me, as a customer and patient, that if I was possibly to get something that would interact with another med I was on that they are watching out for me.

Jane
Old 08-22-2007, 10:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks friends for your support. It means a lot cus it's been a bit of a bad day, full of people being mean!

Well, the hell is over guys and I'm SO relieved! I have felt like someone is slowly torturing me going all over town to see the doctor and pharmacist and then having to wait and go back to the pharmacist and then wait there for an hour!!! Actually, that doesn't seem like anything does it?! Please bear in mind that I have been in withdrawal hell.

I didn't cause a fuss in the pharmacy - luckily SHE wasn't there anyway. But the man who served me was really nice and said he was sorry for the inconveniance and it was protocol to call the doctor. I said that is absolutely fine but I didn't appreciate the manner in which the other woman had spoken to me. He was very apologetic. In fact, then he started to make me feel bad cus he was being so nice!!! He just kept giving me that sort of sympatheitc look like he felt really sorry for me being on subs.

There's just no pleasing me today is there!!!

Well, I am starting to feel better. Had 4mgs of subutex about half an hour ago (that's my daily dose) and it seems to be working although I still have a headache. Does anyone know if this is normal? I feel much better than I did 2 hours ago though.

So, hopefully it's all up-hill from now on...
Old 08-22-2007, 10:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Perhaps it's a bit of a stress headache ?? It'll go away.......sometimes I hardly notice a headache until I sit down ... then Bam.

Maybe lay down and do some reading or close your eyes for awhile.

Good to hear your on your meds and the waiting is over.

.....Joe
Old 08-22-2007, 12:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am so glad you're feeling better Squirty. I'm sure a headache is nothing compared to what you were feeling before! Are you allowed to take Tylenol or Motrin, etc while on the subs? Maybe that would help a little? It probably is stress induced... maybe make the room as dark as possible and lay down for a while? That's one of the few nice things about being in this hotel room... when you turn off all the lights and close the curtains, you can't tell what time of day it is without looking at a clock

I have a feeling this is a start of a new beginning for you, Squirty. I hope things continue to get better

*hugs*
Old 08-22-2007, 12:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by squirty View Post
Well, I am starting to feel better. Had 4mgs of subutex about half an hour ago (that's my daily dose) and it seems to be working although I still have a headache. Does anyone know if this is normal?
It's normal enough--I wouldn't worry about that. Just take some aspirin or whatever works (not opiates!!!) and it will go away. Keep in mind subutex doesn't cure headaches, even though it's technically an opiate it lacks the painkilling properties of normal opiates.

So let me guess--the plan is to take 4mg for a while, then 2mg, then 2mg e.o.d. (every other day), then nothing. That about it? I guess we'll be finding out together how easy or not it is to quit buprenipherine.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
X IV

((((squirty))))
Old 08-22-2007, 02:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I feel really ill. I've been sick quite violently. Is this normal on day 1 of subs.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

I have heard others that it made sick too...but never have tried it so I don't know...
Seeing you are so sick I took myself off invisible for you again!!!
Call the pharmacy ..they are always more knowledgable then the docotrs when it comes to drugs...but it is nighttime where you are right??
I am so sorry you are sick...others with sub knowlegde will be here soon!!
Hang on baby..hang on!~!!!!
love north
Old 08-22-2007, 05:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I think, from what others have said, it is normal to feel sick in the first 6-24 hrs on the subs... hang in there, you can do it!

*hugs*
Old 08-22-2007, 07:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

squirty i have been on suboxone 3 different times in the last 4 years and not once did it ever make me sick when i started the sub.i really think that bein sick from the sub is not what usually happens and im gonna call it odd that you have got sick from it.how long has it been since you last used opiates.what kind of opiates where you addicted to and for how long have you been usin opiates.are you on subtex or suboxone?call the dr and tell them what is goin on,you may need some phenergan or bentyl?call the doc asap.good luck-spark
Old 08-22-2007, 07:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

also you have good reason to be mad at that pharmacy,especially since they already knew ya and you had done business there before.i would report it asap,she did not have to talk hatefull to you.tell the mgr and they will most times do something about it.go to a different drug store from now on heck with that bunch.good luck with the subs,and dont listen to what that other poster said about jumpin off 2mg sub,you will have to be on way less than that or it never works.good luck-spark
Old 08-22-2007, 08:51 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
outtahere

I run a hot shower on my head and then a cold shower and keep the water off my head for a (withdrawal) headache and it works fine. (I prefer not to take any kind of drugs anymore)
Old 08-22-2007, 09:53 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

I think what maybe happened is it sent you into a little "withdrawal" from the codeine..I bet it gets better..if other drugs are in your system..it makes a big difference...just my uneducated opinion..
love north
Old 08-23-2007, 04:07 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by spark-o-cet View Post
squirty i have been on suboxone 3 different times in the last 4 years and not once did it ever make me sick when i started the sub.
You must have been deep in withdrawal when you started the subs. As a "partial opiate agonist" buprenepherine has a weird property: if you are hurting bad, it will make you feel better--but if you are not hurting, or not hurting "enough", it will make you hurt.

This is what some people call "pushing through" ... if the first dose of bupe makes you feel worse then take another dose, and another if needed, and finally you get through the bad part and it's all smooth sailing from there.

My prediction is that today squirty posts that she's feeling a LOT better.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:27 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
X IV

((squirty)) Hang on sweets. Lots of good thoughts shooting your way from over the pond.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:32 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Squirty I was a bit nausous when I started sub. I attributed to yet another attack on my already weak (from abuse) digestive system. It worked out in about 3 or 4 days. I totally agree with exjunkys post.

Post soon and let us know how you are doing.

All the best;

Brewster.