Notices

Dentist gave me a script for Vicodine!

Old 04-11-2007, 08:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

oh - that goes double if i had a specific history of addiction to those meds. I'm no glutton for screaming pain, i just know that we humans can get through, well a lot more than we might think lol. (You'd be amazed lol)

Just saying. If treatment required taking the same drugs as my DOC, it would be more of a last-option thing.

Ok i'm shuttin' up now :tongue2:
Old 04-11-2007, 09:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

About 2 months ago I came down with the shingles. Had several patches from my inner thigh all the way down to nearly my ankle on my right leg. I was in pain and went to the emergency room. The doctor confirmed that I did indeed have the shingles and wrote me a prescription for hydrocodone, motrin, famvir, and promethazine. The Motrin was for 800mg caps, so I just took 800mg of Ibuprofen as needed. The first thing I did when I walked out of the ER was to call my sponsor. He told me that if I needed to take any of the hydro's to be very careful. I told him that I could get by without them and I did. The prescription paper is still laying on my dresser I think. I also have a tooth that has been causing pain that needs to be pulled but I've been using aspirin or ibuprofen so far and hopefully I'll get it pulled soon. I have to remember that once I put a mood altering drug into my system, even for legitimate reasons, my addiction starts talking to me. I'm certainly not trying to give anyone any type of medical advice, just sharing my own experience.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:56 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Location: 24/7 How Am I gonna Get claen, when Doctors don't help me?
I'm going through hell in a taper down, I am craving right now...I know you don't want to go back to the insanity of withrawls, but that is not enough for most to stay away. That dentist is insane lol...however it is doctors like him I like, that would be my addictive side, anway having b/f hold your pills may not work, for this reason? once you feel the old familar high it is a battle, this Rx plus a refill is enough to start you on the wrong path, I would keep about 10 and get ride of the rest, tell the pharmacy your state of being, if you can do this, then your stronger then you think, i think you are, but as in all of us, click that high we don't think with logic...

Best of your will.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:00 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Location: 24/7 How Am I gonna Get claen, when Doctors don't help me?
I want to add something and trust me this is not easy, I was so in withdrawl my pills low I was going to take a brick and smash it on my foot in hope it would be so severe i would go to the E.r and get opiates! yeah that bad...
My foot is fine, but not my mind.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:06 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Thanks Pebbles!

Originally Posted by LIL_Pebbles View Post
I'm going through hell in a taper down, I am craving right now...I know you don't want to go back to the insanity of withrawls, but that is not enough for most to stay away. That dentist is insane lol...however it is doctors like him I like, that would be my addictive side, anway having b/f hold your pills may not work, for this reason? once you feel the old familar high it is a battle, this Rx plus a refill is enough to start you on the wrong path, I would keep about 10 and get ride of the rest, tell the pharmacy your state of being, if you can do this, then your stronger then you think, i think you are, but as in all of us, click that high we don't think with logic...

Best of your will.
This is a good post. It sings to me.

"I'm going through hell in a taper down, I am craving right now...I know you don't want to go back to the insanity of withrawls, but that is not enough for most to stay away."

I know I sure don't want to experience the high insanity coming off that damned Klonopin. Ever again. Ewwe.

"I would keep about 10 and get ride of the rest, tell the pharmacy your state of being..."

Nope. Nope, I ain't there yet! And the fact that I'm not there is very, very telling. I am clean and shut of all benzos but have not yet chosen to tell my shrink, "no more Restoril. I don't need anymore, I'm off now."

That just seems so... well, so final. LOL!

Joking aside... Pebbles, this is likely it for me. No more. I don't think I'll be accepting the new prescription from here out. Next time I see my doc, I'm telling him that I am now off the Restoril.

Your post range a cowbell for me, as I have been utterly unable to stop picking up the new Rx's. Or more accurately, utterly UNWILLING.

Thanks girl, good luck to you (good luck to you both).

Ten
Old 04-12-2007, 11:12 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LIL_Pebbles View Post
I want to add something and trust me this is not easy, I was so in withdrawl my pills low I was going to take a brick and smash it on my foot in hope it would be so severe i would go to the E.r and get opiates! yeah that bad...
My foot is fine, but not my mind.
I did that once, only to my hand. I made sure it broke the skin, because I used the excuse "The car door shut on it," and if it wouldn't have broken the skin, they would have known I did it to myself. I broke my hand and only received Toridol, so that scheme was a waste of my time, my health, and of my recovery.

Just sharing a funny story about how badly your addiction can get you.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:16 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Omigod! LOL I'd have been sooooo mad.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:50 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi. Just checkin in here with ya'll. Thanks for the replies on the this thread. Definite food for thought.

Just to share with ya'll. I quit takin the pills yesterday. I had one yesterday morning. It seems the pills are gettin to me. I told my bf about it and he has them with him. The antibiotic isnt workin and I have to go back to see the dentist again today. Im startin to have an alergic reaction to the penicillin. Ive never been able to take it more than a few days at most.

Ill just have to see how it goes.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:41 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

As much as I (we!) preached, I really respect you Gwen, as a conscientious person in reovery. It's not *us* in your shoes (err, mouth? ...nvmd), so it's a lil' easier to dole out that preachin'.

I just wanted to say, about your Q over starting your clean-date all over again: Let your conscience be your guide but Do Not beat up on yourself--as i said, you have displayed all the responsibility of one with a sold recovery, a bad toothache, and a desire to do the right thing.

I sure wouldn't set you back to day 1. That's my opinion.

Ten

ps good luck!!!
(ouch)
Old 04-14-2007, 06:51 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

It's a good test, isn't it?
Old 04-14-2007, 07:15 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

when i was new to my addiction, maybe about a year in, i was working as a nurse at parkland. everyone knew i had just had brain surgery the year before, so i was kinda like "the darling" of the hospital.
so, when the many docs that were giving me prescriptions were all unavailable for a couple of days (they were off, out of town, or it was not time yet), i was working one nite, and started having abdominal pain for real. well, i got such a good response, my devious mind went to work. i went to the er and faked all the correct signs for appendicitis.
they took out a healthy appendix....couldn't figure out why i had all the signs, except that i also had an ovarian cyst and maybe that had caused it. got a nice script, tho, and some refills.