Notices

Has anyone ever heard of Prometa?

Old 04-04-2007, 07:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Has anyone ever heard of Prometa?

It is a new drug protocol being used in the treatment of crack, meth and alcohol addiction. It is a combo of drugs and nutrients that reset the brain checmistry back to what it was before ever using. The success rate is 80+%. They are finding that there are serious changes in the brain chemistry due to the long term use of drug and seem to be finding ways to treat it as such. Finally.

If anyone has any input or personal experience regarding this, I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks and have a Blessed Day!
Old 04-04-2007, 01:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Sylvia. I have input if that's ok.

It's a few years old, so it's not so new. It uses nutrients and a couple of existing medications on the market (including gabapentin, or Nuerontin), so it's not really revolutionary.

It is also expensive, at about $12,000 for the four-six weeks of its most intensive phase.

You said: "It is a combo of drugs and nutrients that reset the brain checmistry back to what it was before ever using. The success rate is 80+%."

These are still unfounded claims, as the first clinical trial isn't set to be completed until next year.

In a country where neighborhoods are being ravaged by the recent spike in methamphetamine abuse, Prometa is an extremely lucrative proposition for founder Terren Peizer, who has raised some eyebrows over his past aggressive-marketing ventures. More can be learned here.

As you noted, Prometa is hardly a broad spectrum addiction cure-all: "PROMETA is not designed for use with those diagnosed with dependence to opiates, benzodiazepines, or addictive substances other than alcohol or stimulants. - From prometainfo.com. LOL, not at all unusual, I had to click the "For Medical Professionals" link just to dig that out!

And you can't find the medications or nutrient agents used anywhere on that site. LOL I had to dig for that information elsewhere on the net.

All of which is just more reason to be an educated healthcare-consumer and to resist viewing healthcare professionals as gods whose decisions are never to be questioned.

An informed consumer is the safest consumer, no matter the commodity being bought & sold.

HTH Sylvia!

Ten