Notices

Phentermine addict?

Old 07-09-2013, 05:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

REALLY, really need you to PM me. New here. I, too, need to get off this crap. On/off 20 yrs, embarrassed to say.
I'm a nurse, so I've even tried to look up what tjis stuff stimulates in the body that makes my mental energy so sharp. I've thought "there's GOT TO BE vitamins that would replace what I'm missing that this stuff is filling". Forgot what normal energy is....so much that I find myself envying people that have tons of energy!!
HELP!!
Old 07-09-2013, 08:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Night owl

Hi Gracie, I don't have any experience with phentermine but wanted to welcome you to Soberrecovery. I don't know if you noticed but this is a quite old thread. You might want to post a new thread here or in the Newcomer's forum to get more responses.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:26 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

phen itself is not an addiction drug
true if phen affect your brain chemical composition, but not in the way that affect addiction
Old 07-16-2013, 11:36 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks, but it is a Sch 4 drug, and believe me, it's addictive. When you have to have it to function.... I realize its not like some, where you have a physical withdrawal, but mental withdrawal can be difficult to fight as well. I'm a nurse, and having a job requiring you to be on your toes is difficult when you've depleted your natural energy reserves. Thanks for replying. I have a sister that was addicted to crack....and i agree it's certainly nothing like that.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:25 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
DRUG FREE!

Welcome to SR Gracie! This is a wonderful website that has helped me out like crazy. Do some research on google, there is a whole website dedicated to this drug and a HUGE forum with people discussing it and addictions to it. SR is a wonderful place though, I would utilize both of these resources and as many others as you can. You can never have too much support!
Old 07-16-2013, 12:40 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks Jason! Can you PM me that website? This drug is a monster!
Old 02-22-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

This is an old threat but I would like to share my experience. I was addicted to heroin, to amphetamins, alcohol and phentermine. Phentermine is a very addictive and dangerous drug. I still find articles on the internet pretending that phenthermine is not addictive. Based on my experience, it is completely false. detoxing from the pills was very hard. I was taking 900mg / day, could not stop myself and like many here was looking for the energy that they would gave me. the pills made me very angry, act out of control, aggressive and depressive especially when i was trying to get off them. i tried many times on my own but never could.
Old 05-27-2015, 04:16 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nbunderstanding View Post
This is a very addictive drug. If you have started to take more than prescribed dose you need to titrate down to avoid the withdrawal symptoms.

Try and find a functional medicine Dr. in your area, try The Institute for Functional Medicine they can help you get your body back to normal and address your lack of energy. Once you get your body into balance you will have all the energy and drive you need. Most likely this drug has taxed your adrenal glands. Research adrenal fatigue and you can learn a lot about how to help yourself with this issue.

Good luck and try to get some medical help with this and not the diet Dr.
Good Morning nbunderstanding, I realize that your post is old and I apologize for asking about it now. But, since I am having a big issue and have no idea where to turn. I am desperate. I don't know what to do anymore. I have abused phentermine for 18 years. I went to rehab about 8 months ago, did the NA, classes, did my program but the fatigue is so overwhelming, about two months ago i started to order the pills again. i am still going to NA and still doing my program. I am very afraid. I don't know what to do. I see where I am going with all of that if i don't stop. Your message is very interesting. How did you find out about the issue of adrenal fatigue? Is there any more information you could share with me? For some reason, it makes so much sense to me. In advance, I thank you very much. Hoping this finds you well.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

nbunderstanding has not been active on SR for years. Perhaps this is a question you could ask your own doctor. Be honest about your abuse of Phentermine, as complaints of fatigue alone could be treated with stimulants, which is exactly what you don't need.