Notices

Question about Suboxone

Old 02-13-2016, 12:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question about Suboxone

Question for anyone experienced with Heroin and suboxone. I was wondering for someone who uses heroin for the last year and oxy, dilaudid , Percocet before that for years.... would a quarter of an 8mg suboxone pill that you put under your tongue keep them from craving heroin? The reason I ask is opiates/opioids was never my DOC and I am trying to understand/gain knowledge about it due to my boyfriends situation. He went on suboxone and was taking that amount for about 2 weeks and said he was feeling really good and "back to himself" and went to treatment where they gave him his suboxone while he was there. Then all the sudden he left and is now nowhere to be found and is back using heroin. Could it be that he wasn't taking enough suboxone or perhaps purposely not taking enough so that he could surpass the subs and still get high? He acted hyper at times on the subs like he does sometimes on heroin. I have heard sometimes suboxone does this and he said he wasn't taking his full dose as to not be bouncing off the walls. I let it be and didn't ask him much because I wanted to not hound him and was happy about the step he took to take the suboxone. Now I'm so confused!!!!! If he was taking it in treatment wouldn't it stop the cravings or not always? Thanks for sharing any experiences you have....much appreciated.
Old 02-13-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi uncaged,
I'm sorry about your boyfriend. The question you asked is a good question. It's certainly possible he intended to go back out and therefore took a smaller dose. Not everyone who goes on suboxone goes on for the right reasons and wants recovery. Suboxone has been used /abused in every way possible. It can aid in recovery. It is a known fact that it saves lives....just like the Perks and Oxy your BF was abusing. For a person having chronic pain or after a surgery they are "life savers" Its individuals who abuse them and give them a bad reputation.

But Back to your question. I doubt anyone really knows what happened.....if he intended to use again, or if his dose just wasn't enough to curb his cravings? But I will say this. He was working with a doctor right? The one who was prescribing it to him? I know I've needed my dosage tweaked and spoke with my doctor about it. They are usually very good about listening to their patients and making necessary adjustments. Especially, those who are part of a program?

Hopefully more will be revealed to you.