Notices

1 month off suboxone after 10 years of use!!

Old 08-26-2015, 01:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1 month off suboxone after 10 years of use!!

I need some emotional and mental support please. I have FINALLY gotten off this evil drug and been clean for 1 month. But I feel awful. No energy no sleep stomach problems and want to know how much longer of this hell?? I know 10 years on them is a long time and I need to be patient.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

That's fantastic bud welcome to SR if you want to get a faster response feel free to post in newcomers really nice to meet you
Old 08-27-2015, 11:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi addictsmind. And welcome to SR. Brilliant acheivement 1 month!
Old 08-28-2015, 06:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow, ten years on Subs? Balls, I've only been on the poison for what, about a year. I'm off it going on day.... I really wish I'd written down my quit day, but I'm at day 5, 6 or 7 at a guess. My head was in a fog the last couple days of the Subs crash taper I was on. I can only tell you that I feel slightly less miserable than I did yesterday and there seems to be a slow, but observable, progression. Keep at it! You can do this.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow! That is quite an achievement. I've heard it's a little slow going getting off the sub. But trust me it can not, will not be worse than you already went thru that last month! Remember the worst is OVER!!!! Do not let your AV play tricks on you by getting you to give up! By telling you it's not going you get better! It is getting better! If you think back to days 4 thru 12 and what symptoms you were having....and now think about where you are at right now? They can not be worse than before? You might still be feeling depressed or unable to sleep or have energy to do things. But you got to put your recovery into your own hands. You gotta do stuff to make you feel better. Like exercise! Exercise makes all the difference! Take long walks and /or join a yoga class, Pilates, spin or Tia chia. Also, pay attention to your diet. What are you eating? Remember opiates block so many nutrients from reaching our organs.....not to mention how careless we are about our health while on them. Our bodies are starving for the right vitamins and minerals it needs to function well. So get yourself on a good healthy diet.
Another thing is get excited about your life. Come on you are off those damn opies! That's something to celebrate and be happy about! You are free! Not chained to a drug anymore...plus you already went thru the worst of it!

Do you realize how many of us wish we were in your place? We'd give anything to be a month off sub! Oh man I sure would! So get out there and do those things to make yourself healthy and happy. Remember happiness doesn't come looking for us....we gotta get out there and find it!
Old 08-28-2015, 11:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!! 1 Month is fantastic!!
Old 08-29-2015, 01:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That is so fantastic. Congratulations!!
Old 08-29-2015, 04:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'll chime in again. I went out and hit the heavy bag for two hours today. Yes, it hurt. Yes, I felt queasy a few times. And, I got more and more pissed off. Frankly, I think I've broken two knuckles. But you know what? I feel better than I've felt in a long time, Opie rush notwithstanding. Gut it out brother, it does get better.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

have you got mitts or gloves Druwyd
Old 08-31-2015, 03:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Wolf, I've got a few pairs of regulation gloves and a few MMA mitts. I like the mitts better usually, solo hand wrapping is a pain in the arse
Old 08-31-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

Do you train regularly Druwyd I'm just getting back in shape walking & jogging then around October il start weight training

Feels great & is a big anxiety buster for me
Old 08-31-2015, 01:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

He Wolf, I jumped back in to lifting a couple months ago to slowly start to get the bod out of the casket, ok, I'm exaggerating, but I've gotten a bit soft and my flexibility is disappointing. So, yes, I am starting to train more and more regularly. I'm doing an every other day, M-W-F lift routine along with a, most mornings walk/hobble/speed walk depending upon how early I've got to actually start working for cash. The most recent add on has been getting the bag stand restaked and cleaned up. Thus far, I'm only working the heavy bag twice a week with any intensity. My wrists aren't up to heavy or long lasting routines yet.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:10 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

I done a 3 mile walk this morning hoping to do another 3 this evening
Old 09-01-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

excellent. the building blocks get diluted as father time smirks in the corner but determination is everything
Old 09-02-2015, 03:00 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Do your best

Got a new blister today right on my right achilles where it first happened 2 were ago

had to shorten the walk to 2 miles today as my ankle was hurting bad from the blister

If you ever want to talk night or day just send a msg bud
Old 09-02-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I will take you up on that at some point, I've no doubt, thanks Wolf

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Got a new blister today right on my right achilles where it first happened 2 were ago

had to shorten the walk to 2 miles today as my ankle was hurting bad from the blister

If you ever want to talk night or day just send a msg bud