Notices

How I got off Suboxone

Old 06-12-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

Wink How I got off Suboxone

Hello. I decided to write how I got off Suboxone seeing how easy I found it. Now below is my experience:

A little history about me:

I had an Opiate relapse about a year ago today on the harder **** which shattered my very world in half.
After more attempts at using with nothing like I actually desired I decided maybe I needed the Methadone again (which I had escaped about a year prior to the relapse).
The Methadone DID NOT work for me. My body rejected it completely. However, now I was stuck on the Methadone. I couldn't go any lower than 15mgs a day. I was waking up sick as hell already only 24 hours after a dose! So they finally recommended me Suboxone.
Wow what a controversial drug! It totally does have its purpose I will admit, but no it wasn't all easy. However, it did seem to reprogramm my actual way of thinking. See I knew if I were to go up to a "blocking dose" of Methadone (which is 60mgs and above in my books) than that would be one hell of a bitch to come off of, and I just didn't and don't want to have to wean down on such a thing again, seeing as my last MMT visit was a wean down allllll the way from 90mgs a day. So anyways, I was put on 2mgs of Suboxone a day.
I love the Naloxone in it. Not that I couldn't try and get high with it, but I wasn't really interested in that. After about the first week or so of Suboxone my mind started to start foussing on other things for a change. Activities rather than drug seeking. Old hobbies. Plus I just began to believe that the Naloxone would block out any Opiates either way, so my thoughts stopped going towards that place pretty fast, which I liked because I was only on 2mgs a day in total (they allow people to go up to 24mgs).

To make a long story short, After about a month or so of being on the Suboxone I felt the need to decrease. There were trials where I had tried 1mg a day instead of 2mgs, and for some reason my body just responded better to 1 mg. A pill cutter comes in extremely handy for this (mine were the little 2mg pills). I also began looking into more at this point as well.
That wean wasn't too hard overall. I had went a few days with nothing before I was put on 1mg, so once I was given the 1mg it was actually a breathe of relief. I definitely realized that I didn't have the power to jump off of 2mgs cold-turkey at that point. This stuff was a lot more powerful than I had imagined.

After about a month on the 1mg the same pattern just began to happen. My body began to want to go down again for some reason.

So this time I just switched over to .5mgs a day. No shinanigans beforehand.
This time around I felt a bit of withdrawal. Things were "off" for about a week. But I was still able to walk around and stuff.

After about two weeks I decided there wasn't much point in being on .5mgs a day. However, I didn't want to jump off at .5mgs a day. Guess I'm just extra careful like that.

So the weekened rolled by and. Day 1: .25 mgs in total. Day 2: .25mgs (and yes the dosage still lasted me a full 24 hours at this point which is waaay simpler than Methadone ever was!). Day 3: 1/2 of .25mgs. Day 4: 1/2 of .25mgs (which was literally like a cumb under the tongue). And than OFF!

Day one without Suboxone (yesterday):
I woke up a bit weird. And basically just felt like I couldn't get myself out of bed. A hoot of medical marijuana and I find myself walking around. I was able to walk around the entire day and occupy myself with happy things the entire day without much discomfort. I was even able to sit on my bed wearing a t-shirt. I was literally SO surprised. 50mgs of Seroquel at night along with that nighttime hoot and I slept for at least 8-10 hours I'm guessing.

I had tried to jump off of .5mgs of Suboxone after being on it for only 4 days in total a couple weeks before, and by the middle of the day I was in worse shape than I was yesterday when I officially jumped. Meaning, letting my body stay on the .5mgs for at least 2 weeks and letting myself adjust made a huge difference for the actual jump. As did those step downs.

I woke up on day 2 today without any Suboxone feeling better than I felt on day 1 without.

Day 2: I'm pretty comfortable. I like the way I'm feeling. I can take off my sweater if I want to and wear my t-shirt. I can do anything really. Walk around outside. Pamper myself. Whatever comes to mind really.

It's actually really weird. I would expect myself to be gasping for air on day 2 tossing and turning on the bed begging for help on some online forum. But somehow I'm actually well enough to preach. What do you know. Maybe that whole slow and steady thing wasn't bogus afterall.

So anyways. That's my experience with the stuff. I could go more but wow, what a controversial drug.

Way easier to come off of than I ever imagined. Easiest Opiate I've ever kicked in my entire life (I can't imagine going any higher than 2mgs a day though I'm definitely gonna add).

FREEDOM alas.

God bless all!!
Old 06-12-2015, 08:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats to you!! That's an awesome outcome!! <3
Old 06-12-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

I get by with a bit of Loperamide to. (I don't gobble em like I've heard about but I take one a day, maybe two, with spares in the back just in case). And yeah the medical marijuana is a HUGE help. Like HUGE. Sometimes I can feel like I'm a teenager again.

I expected it to be like jumping off one of those HUGE diving boards. But once I woke up and didn't take any it was literally like walking off of one of those baby diving boards. My mind definitely thought 1/2 of .25mgs was a lot more.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hopefully it stays good like that! You sound like you've come an insane long way! That is amazing!! I'm just over a month sober, 5/7/2015! I'm so proud of myself!! I wasn't the "I'll have a couple drinks" social drinker. I was the "I want to get drunk as fast as I can and act a fool" drinker! Ugh! It destroyed my relationship of 4 years with the man that changed my views about love forever and stole my heart the minute I was wrapped up in his arms the first time we met. God do I miss him!!! Alcohol has ruined my life in so many ways it's not even funny!! I can't let it win anymore!! It's been way overdue for "ME" to fight back and ruin the life of alcohol and I'm kicking its azzzz!!! <3
Old 06-12-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

Thanks man. And congrats. Keep it up!
Yeah this is the easiest detox by far. I can do whatever, and I feel fresh. Really awake.
& yeah I think Alcohol's yucky. The only time I drink it is if it's in my dreams .
Old 06-12-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

Middle of day two and I have my t-shirt on. No runny nose. Completely manageable.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

Just wanted to update the thread as I wasn't sure how it was gonna be around this time:
Alright so I just started day 4 without any Suboxone whatsoever...
I don't think I'm in withdrawal anymore (if that even was withdrawal). I expected PAWS in the very least. I mean I got some sort of PAWS that lasted my share of months after using Methadone for like what a week when I very first went back onto it. But nope. Nadda from what I can tell.

I'm just sitting here really. NO sweater. Just a t-shirt with the air on. I've only sneezed maybe 3 or 4 times in total today and they felt GOOD. My nose isn't runny. Goose pimples? I don't know the meaning of them. Gee, golly gosh, I bet you can throw a bucket of ice water on me and I'd barely flinch.

Yeah, all those nasty fears? They're gone now.

Freedom is so much more than just a word.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

(It is basically the easiest detox I've ever had to do in my entire life legit). Yesterday was DEFINITELY worse than today.

& Was it all easy? No, but that's the whole point in my opinion.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

UPDATE: The WORST is already OVER. Get the hint? Boo child. Yeah, back and guess what? Yeah I kick ass. Kinda how I'm made... oopsy daisies.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

. Try not to laugh.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats my friend. Always good to hear positive stories. Not to be the profit of Doom - for me kicking the dope was fairly easy. It was living without it that always spun me round and round. What's the plan now???
Old 06-15-2015, 09:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update! I'm so happy for you!! Sounds like everything is looking up instead of down!! <3
Old 06-22-2015, 11:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

There is no plan. I'm Sam Lokavitz.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:37 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

I think it's been about a week without any Pot and a week without any cigarettes. I've been told Pot takes about 30 days to clear outta the system.
And yeah, ********'s the devil. (I tend to rush towards endings). Sooner or later everyone who touches it is going to relapse on Opiates (whether it's when they're on their death bed at 80 or before). Shhh though, it's a secret. Those streets have mean ways of handling beef .
Old 06-23-2015, 11:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

And I'm still going through mild PAWS. But it's mild. Ups and downs, but way easier than I ever imagined.

I stopped the Seroquel about a week ago to. And now I'm basically just on .25mgs of Clonazepam at night. Not sure when I'm jumping off that one, but I sure as hell ain't running myself into a seizure over someone else's ********.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

(Told you so. Marijuana: the instant laws of karma).
Old 06-29-2015, 11:50 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

Nevermind. Geeze. This is hell.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:49 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Don't worry dude - it is a journey that is the thing. I can't tell you how many times I thought one day I got this SH*T BEAT and then 2 days later I was going bonkers again. Vice-a-versa too though. Plenty of bad days where I said this is hell and it will never end and a few days later I was like hey it isn't that bad. I am not just talking about sub, but addiction / getting clean in general. I guess that is why I have to take things a day at a time. A positive attitude is huge, but be careful not to get overly cocky because that can be dangerous too. It does get easier - WAY easier, but sometimes I go to bed feeling great and the next morning I am pissed off at the world again. Just take it slow. Stay in the moment. Be Well!!!
Old 06-29-2015, 10:49 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Justsayno?
Are you withdrawing from the sub? Or is it from getting off the anti-D?
Please update when you feel better. Prayers going up for you.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:31 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

Newest update: Officially off the Benzodiazepines 100%. No Marijuana. No Alcohol. No Clonazepam. No seizures. No Opiates. No Subs. No pills. No Caffeine. Not even a sleeping pill. Just my brain. Finally outta "the system".
Peace.