Notices

How I got off Suboxone

Old 07-02-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

Hey LI I just saw your question.
I started feeling better really fast. The first week was the worst for me, but it was definitely a lot scarier in my head. I haven't had an easier kick (but I didn't put myself past 2mgs of Sub a day).
It was so easy that I was able to kick Benzos at the same time (I jumped off of the rest of my Clonazepam taper about a week ago). (First time EVER jumping off Benzos ).
The fears out there tend to really psych us out. My imagination really made it out to be a lot harder than it actually was when I decided to actually put my mind to it. The Internets fears tend to sometimes cause me to create my own set of walls. I believe we tend to make it a lot scarier than it actually is.
X Long time kicker X

And no anti-D. Just me.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

I just quit smoking fags again a few days ago to. But that one's really like stopping yourself from eating a piece of chocolate.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

And nah Marcus, don't be cocky. Be proud b****.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:46 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Congratulations 😊😊😊 Thats amazing!
Old 07-03-2015, 08:19 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

Thanks. I healed really fast on my own. I should probably note though that I am a huge trooper.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:34 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

I should also probably note that I had to be locked up for a few days to even get off the Benzos. (I ain't being responsible for that ****).
Old 07-10-2015, 02:18 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Nice work. My experience with getting off suboxone was similar. It wasn't too severe. It just seemed like I was waiting for the worst to hit. I will say it seemed to drag out a lot longer for me. But never unmanageable. Stopping benzos and ambien took about a week of really crappy sleep before I could fall asleep on my own. But I did start waking up feeling more refreshed without them. Stick with it. You are doing great!
Old 07-10-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

Thanks. Yeah the stuffs crazy. I didn't wanna live while I was still on the Subs. It stops working really fast and is rather terrifying. I'm just glad to be off.

Wish I could sleep though.
Old 07-18-2015, 07:34 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

Yeah those Benzos really turned my thoughts to darkness. I'm just glad to be back. Getting clean is really phenomenal. And the time I had to put in was absolutely worth it now that I'm here.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:32 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JustSayNoo View Post
Newest update: Officially off the Benzodiazepines 100%. No Marijuana. No Alcohol. No Clonazepam. No seizures. No Opiates. No Subs. No pills. No Caffeine. Not even a sleeping pill. Just my brain. Finally outta "the system".
Peace.
My question is really how long will I not b able to sleep? My history is I've been on subs 3 yrs tapered down to about 10mg a day. I quiet cold turkey bout 9 days ago. I can't sleep but about an hr r two a night. Also the physoclogi
Old 07-18-2015, 10:33 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JustSayNoo View Post
Newest update: Officially off the Benzodiazepines 100%. No Marijuana. No Alcohol. No Clonazepam. No seizures. No Opiates. No Subs. No pills. No Caffeine. Not even a sleeping pill. Just my brain. Finally outta "the system".
Peace.
My question is really how long will I not b able to sleep? My history is I've been on subs 3 yrs tapered down to about 10mg a day. I quiet cold turkey bout 9 days ago. I can't sleep but about an hr r two a night. Also the physiological anxiety, sleep less part is it beat able wit out dr help?
Old 07-18-2015, 01:02 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

You're worried about sleep? I think a lot of it's in your head to be honest. I've only been off for a little over a month and I get about ten hours of sleep a night.

The beginning was a little bit rough because I quit the Benzos at the same time and there was periods where I was up for two days until I finally fell asleep, but other than that I feel great now.

I was able to fall asleep with Melatonin when I first stopped but the tolerance effect is crap. Next I moved to Diphenhydramine which also has a crappy tolerance effect as well as longing side-effects. And I also tried Gravol which also stops working fast and also carries its own side-effects.

I use 50mgs of Seroquel for sleep now and it works perfectly for me. At 50mgs it's only prescribed for sleep (higher doses are for other stuff from my understanding). And yeah I really can't complain. I love my sleep. I love not having to run to other substances now.

I've heard that sleep is one of the last things to come back. I've heard things like a year or more. Personally though I don't even care about having to take the Seroquel. And it's actually worth it for me.

All depending on the individual and situation you might not even have to worry about it.

It's hard to believe how content I am only like a monthish later. I'm astonished with myself. (And no I'm not condoning sleeping pill use). The rest is up to you. Good luck!!
Old 07-18-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

I don't really carry a stigma with the sleeping aid like I did with all the other crap. It's cool to because a lot of my old fears are gone. I used to like literally HAVE to have my music with my when I walked outside. Now I just walk outside, music or not. It's like I feel like I can chill anywhere again. Enjoy anything. Not have to worry constantly.

And that fear that used to pop in my head, like "what if I get cut off?" etc.. all that stupid BS that some of you may know what I'm talking about doesn't really exist anymore.

At this point it's like okay, cut off the Seroquel. I don't care. I'll just learn how to sleep. Big whoop.

I like not being a sketch bag.
Old 07-18-2015, 02:11 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

And I'm guessing if you were to go full without any sleeping aids it would probably take about a year or two for your system to fully return to that normal sleeping state. I haven't slept on my own since I was 16 personally.

If you know more though feel free to add.
Old 07-18-2015, 04:25 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thnxs jussaynoo I'm not fortunate enough to get dr help at this.time appreciate All help u give. It's taken trip to jail for me to see the light that things must change. All ur inspiration and knowledge is much appreciated.
Old 07-18-2015, 04:57 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

No problem.
Yeah I'm no Doctor. I'm just a smart ass .
& I don't know though, sleeping aids aren't really naathin special.
And yeah most of us do need to hit a big enough bottom to realize our ways. I did to.
Glad you're finding you're way out. Good luck again. I'm sure you'll get there eventually.
Old 07-18-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

I better not be a bad role model for taking seroquel to sleep lol. Because without sleep I would lose my ****. And when I'm happy my family's happy.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:00 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

I was able to sleep on my own when I first came off the Subs to, but it wears and tears on you pretty fast when you're that raw and new to detox so I just found a better way for myself.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:07 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

No bro u rt u not a bad role model wit sleep aid thing
Old 07-19-2015, 09:22 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

Yeah man it's not a huge deal.
My life falls down like a stack of dominos from a single cigarette. Now that's different.
Judge me and you can go to hell for all I care. I ain't going back there.