Notices

Insomniac Life

Old 01-31-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Insomniac Life

So, heading into my 3rd day sans methadone, and it is not awful. I tapered slowly and, having kicked all kinds of things in all kinds of ways, would surely do it this way again if I had to. Which I won't. But: I can't sleep longer than an hour or two at a time, and so I'm looking for suggestions on fun things to do when one is awake and sleep deprived? Also, to those who have sent me messages of support, I offer a thousand thank you's, but i cannot return them until I've posted more. Cheers.
Old 01-31-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through Tookaleft!!

I had a few sleepless nights when I quit alcohol, for me relaxing and winding down in the evenings was key, plenty of herbal tea, warm shower/bath, a long walk in the fresh air, reading a few chapters of a book, eventually things would adjust and I'd drift off.

But on the nights that there was no chance, I dug out all the old box sets or TV series that I hadn't watched in ages, or old films, online games made a comeback too, online scrabble became a favourite, also sorting out my house gave me something to do, organising old bank statements, my CD collection, my ITunes playlists, also picked up my guitar and tried to learn a few songs.

Hang in there!! It will get better with time!!
Old 02-01-2015, 09:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks! Got 3 hours last night and woke up feeling ok. Scrabble is a brilliant idea
Old 02-04-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

David Attenboroughs nature series Planet earth, blue planet & frozen planet are awesome to fall asleep to

im currently watching planet earth its a 5 disc set that you can get cheap off amazon

good to see you doing well tookaleft
Old 02-04-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Have you seen Human Planet sober wolf? It's good too. I had the Planet Earth set, great stuff.

Hey tookaleft, I know a bit about insomnia. I deffo recommend indulging yourself in some media as opposed to going around your mind in a loop all night.

Documentaries, music, movies - you know best what appeals to you. Keep strong, good luck with it
Old 02-05-2015, 10:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks all. Am averaging 3-4 hours a night and burning through series on Netflix. I've also taught my kitten to sit, come, and fetch. That points to a frightening future, but what are you gonna do... I will check out those documentaries between playing crazy cat lady