Notices

Terazosin for methadone withdrawals?

Old 01-27-2015, 01:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Terazosin for methadone withdrawals?

Down to 1 mg, 1 day left on Methadone. I had what was apparently a panic attack at my job (i am not prone to thes, usually). I talked to my dr. and he prescribed Terazosin. I've been taking catapress, which I feel has been working ok. I was wondering if anyone has experience with Terazosin vs. Catapress? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No experience. Seriously though you should be fine (not quite sure how quickly you came down), but seriously 1MG? I mean that is like crumb of crumbs. Not medical advice, but I was given Gabapentin and that stuff knocked me out since I was not used to it. All I wanted to do was take a nap. I had many panic attacks in my day. For me no drugs needed. I just needed to get off ALL opiate type meds and start eating healthy and exercising. It was not that bad! Good Luck!
Old 01-27-2015, 08:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Marcus, I feel like I should be paying you a consulting fee! I am actually doing a million times better than I thought I would. This hasn't been a picnic, but it surely has been easier than jumping off (so, anyone trying to decide, my experience is that a slow taper w/ counselingand good medical staff is so much easier than Cold turkey off an opiate). The panic attack just scared the hell out of me. I honestly thought I was having a heart attack, and took my terrified self to the ER. Then I just felt embarrassed. Doc explained it was lack of dopamine anD I guess that this med is supposed to keep my nervous system from going into overdrive. Grateful that I am off work for a few weeks and planning on getting back to the gym and a healthy routine, which will help immensely. Grateful to for SR to post to. Thanks, be well