Notices

how important is a sponsor?

Old 09-17-2014, 01:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

how important is a sponsor?

I have been on suboxone and clean off of an 8 yr pain pill addiction for 2 yrs and 4 months. Every time i go to my chemical dependance dr for my prescription he is very upset with me because i dont have a sponsor. Im not really sure what a sponsor is suppose to do for me. i have alot of family and a fiance that is very supportive but he says it isnt enough.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
One day at a time

I am interested too and trying to get off of pain pills people say you need a sponsor so that you are accountable and you have someone to talk too going to NA meetings is where you could prob find one I'm always scared to ask someone
Old 09-17-2014, 01:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i am scared to ask too.... i finally asked the receptionist at my dr.s office today and she said no because she is still working the steps herself. i dont go to meetings because i live in the middle of knowhere, i dont drive, and im a stay at home mom..i dont have the ability to go to meetings. i have managed to stay clean for over 2 years now on the suboxone alone but he lectures and lectures like it aint enough. he gave me the phone numbers of strangers to call but they are strangers.i dont feel comftorable even picking up the phn to call them. i have an appointment friday for my meds and i guess i will have to listen to him border line "talk trash" because im not doing what he wants me to do... he makes me feel like relapsing everytime i leave his office...but i dont...thats worth something i think.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
One day at a time

Of course that is worth something! I know it's hard being a stay a home mom but maybe you should look into a new doctor my old doctor was a saint non judgemental Etc especially trying to get off of this stuff it is especially hard and we are sensitive as for a sponsor I too feel embarrassed and afraid someone will say no but I mean going out on a limb isn't the worst thing that could happen if someone says no maybe one yes will lead up to someone who can really help us! Just a thought best wishes!
Old 09-18-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thankyou young and confused..as for another dr. i wish it was that easy. he is the only dr in 60 miles that is allowed to prescribe this medication. so if i want to remain on it,which i do, hes the only person who can help that i have found.