Notices

Methdone clinic fustration

Old 09-12-2014, 09:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Methdone clinic fustration

I and countless others feel like all of us on the state program are being treated poorly and unfair. I go to S.A.S.I in Chicago,IL and none of us know the mandatory/federal & state guide lines and rules because the overall keep it from us. They constantly change the rules all the time because its their way of "Handling" us I been told by a staff member. Because we are of low income and on the state program that we are not entitled of humane quality care of service. If we do not follow their always changing rules then we are told that "If you don't like it then go on the private program, find somewhere else to go or we will detox you" Because we are on the state program because of low income that we're not as important as those on the private program because they pay more, Because they pay more they get take home bottles faster then state, State clients have to do a mandatory 1-2 groups a week or we're thrown out and private does not, I have been clean for 2 1/2-3 years Theyre open 7 days a week and Im only at a code 4 were I only go in 4 days a week and wont give me anymore pickups even though my drops are clean. Not also I have been called a junky by 1 of the staff members and told another time that "If you and the rest of the junkies here don't like it... Then find somewhere else to go or we can detox you or go on the private program. I was hurt,angry and discriminated. During my assessment the guy who did it said that I picked the wrong place because 80% of the staff here are only in it for the money and that's it, The C.E.O and the person under her don't have no sympathy for people w/special needs or in special situations, Which I thought was unusual and didn't believe it until I seen it for my self.
Now because the clinic moved and the alderman doesn't want them there and because of people hanging around that they're in the process of putting us in time blocks, Because of people who have families and other responsibilities most of the people get medicated between 6-noon and now they want to put us into time blocks to get medicated, Each person on the state program will be put into 1-2 hour blocks and if you don't get medicated between the hour you are giving then you will not be medicated and if you don't like it then go some where else or pay 40-50 dollars a week to medicate anytime you want regardless of the different school hours I have which change daily cause of my classe. This place is dictating our recovery and its causing people to relapse, I have been clean for 2 1/2 years and I do out side groups at my church and don't have the desire to use and my counselor is not happy w/my process, Because of my situation I cant do their 2 hour groups and for that I am being told I am being defiant and wants to throw me out. I have asked to go down on my dose and that I can not go down on my dose without being on detox, That for one to go down on their dosage they must go all the way to zero without stopping, Been told that us and the C.E.O will not play the stopping game where we take you down and stop that if you go down you must go all the way. I asked what about going down and stabilizing or if I get the urges to use or go threw withdrawal, I was told So? We only do that for our private clients, That's how we do it and if you have a problem and since you cant afford to go on the private program then find somewhere else. That is their answer for everything. That the C.E.O makes up the rules, Not the doctor not D.A.S.A just the C.E.O. and we the counselors have to follow the rules and examples and do our jobs. Between the nurses attitudes which one of them belittles us, The unrealistic expectations and rules of the counselors, C.E.O and the crew under her, Its making our recovery hard. Personally, I have been to a few other clinics and never have I been to one that is such hostile to the state clients because we cant afford their precious millennium/private program so we get treated not equally but as lower class citizens.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry for your problems CHItownDEVIL69.

I know nothing about clinics - if you're not happy there, could you transfer to another one?

D
Old 09-14-2014, 06:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've never heard of the 1-2 hour time blocks. That sounds illegal. There is a website dedicated to monitoring methadone clinics, watchdog something. Google that and see if you can find help.

And yes being on the state program sucks. We had to do 4x the counseling that cash patients did, but that came from the state, not the clinic.