Notices

down to 35 mg of methadone

Old 09-09-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question down to 35 mg of methadone

anyone have experience with a 5mg/day detox fromthis much methadone. would it be any worse than a heroin detox?
Old 09-10-2014, 09:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

In my opinion its quick. My doctor reduces me by ten percent of my dose. And slow and steady won the race. Fast paced detoxes get us no wer
Old 09-10-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks
Old 10-31-2014, 03:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I started detxing from methadone about 2 months ago. I had gotten up to 90 mg's at the clinic but i couldnt stop using cocaine. so i decided abstinance is the only way for me. Luckily i am a veteran and i have been able to detox 5 mg's a week in a locked detox ward in the VA. i am down to 35 mg's methadone and 1 mg of xanax. i am becoming stir crazy however and i also have alot of legal issues to that are driving me crazy and so i want to just cut off the methadone and the xanax and get out of here. the team of doctors and social workers disagree and think i should continue the detox as is. i was wondering what anyone here thinks how bad would the detox be off 35 mgs of methadone and should i just listen to the doctors
Old 10-31-2014, 07:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I would listen to the doctors. While jumping from 35 mgs will not be the most painful thing in the world it will still be a pretty hard landing. Your anxiety will likely be thru the roof which will only be exacerbated by coming off the Xanax at the same time.

You have come this far why chance it now? If you feel stir crazy now it is only going to be worse if you come off too quickly. Good luck and let us know how it goes.