Notices

Day 11 on Subs

Old 08-17-2014, 06:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 11 on Subs

And, all I can say thus far, is that it works. For a guy who for 3/4 years took as many opiates as I could afford, I have had 0 physical withdraw, and no ( physical cravings) etc. Phenomenal really, as I could hardly get thorough a day, without taking, withdrawing, or wishing for these very addictive pills! Now I have a bit of frustration setting in, as I look back on the money spent, time wasted, and every other debilitating aspect of this addiction. I want my life back, like yesterday! I want to see some tangible proof of my efforts, and yet do realize that it took me almost 4 years to nearly destroy my life, it's going to take more than 11 days to put it back together! I can tell you all one thing however, I just got my hands on the first bit of money in 4 years, that not one penny went for pills! I'm still broke etc as I dug lots of holes, but its huge progress than can't be overlooked! I'm on 12 mg of subxone day, and its fine, and I did bump up from 8 when I told the Dr that I had a little trouble sleeping. Past few days, I have slept well, and I want to move my life toward quickly. Fact is, my energy has returned, and there is no desire for the very same pills, that my body screemed for every day just to exist. That coupled with my meetings, as well as my new found accountability,will keep me on the path to freedom.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's great Saint! I'm on day 10 myself so we started pretty darn close. I completely agree with you. This is the first time I really feel like I can't beat this disease. I do pretty great on 12mg , seems to be the dose for me. I was prescribed 16 but felt it was too much. I was using around 200-300mg of oxycodone daily and more if I could afford it. I also bought from the street, ruined my credit, maxed out all the credit cards, the savings is gone. I used to spend $2000 a week! It makes me sick too but we can't dwell or it will only cause unnecessary worry. We can't take back what we've done but we've been given another chance to get it right. That's what I focus on.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey guys-outpatient rehab did not work-well he says some parts did-I'm still getting used to this site and can not send replies yet-but thank you! Have stopped money today to my nephew-unsure if what I say is helping/hurting I always try and be positive but keep it real but he lies and then says why don't you believe in me... I think he needs inpatient rehab and I know if he doesn't want help it's futile but I love him so and would like your opinion on how to wake him up to life...Thanks
Old 08-24-2014, 11:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

"Wake him up to life." HI Maggie, no matter what, an addict, or alcoholic, will not wake up to life, unless he or she is ready. That's it, no matter what they are facing, it matters little until they decide. Sounds like he needs in-house treatment. That's fine. Yet remember that if he does not want to be sober, it won't work. I to was a heavy opiate abuser. I'm now taking subxone, and have not had a pill for 21 days. I realize its not a lot of time, but believe me it's been several years, that I was opiate free for this long. I have a long road ahead, but i am willing and have surrounded myself with a positive network of both aa/na types as well as medical professionals. I like my chances, because i am finally willing!
Old 08-25-2014, 08:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Maggie and welcome. He has to WANT to quit and put the work in ..it's not easy at all but it sure is possible with the right support. He basically has to completely change his life. Remove the toxic user friends, change his cell phone number, attend some kind of therapy or meetings. Get a fun hobby, a job, spend time with positive people that live a clean life. Join a gym, eat healthy etc. take a college course in something he is passionate about. It takes allot of work and most people either don't want it that bad or unfortunately don't have any positive influences in their life which makes quitting that much more difficult. I wish I had someone as caring like you in my life, you're a wonderful person for caring so much anf wanting to help. He needs you more than he will ever let on.
Has he ever tried suboxone? I'm a chronic relapser and I could never stay sober for more than 2-3 weeks at a time. Suboxone is the only thing that curbs the intense cravings I used to get for oxycodone. It might be something that can literally save his life while he gets his ducks in a row so to speak. It's a tool and it works for most opiate addicts.
Keep posting , let us know how you're doing?
Old 09-16-2014, 01:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
One day at a time

I too wish I could get some if my life back and I am 25! It pisses me off too to think of the thousands we wasted I know that I need to move on though and I am glad that you have found happiness wallowing is not healthy anyways ! Gl
Old 10-05-2014, 12:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone and Thank you so much for your posts. I can not PM anyone yet and still getting used to site. I responded this am that he's been on methadone for 1.5 months-is comfortable on that until yesterday when he was late. Trying to talk with him about suboxone but he seems really against it. But day 2 of no methadone (80mgs) hoping this will help him open up to the suboxone. He says methadone really helps, all I see is same actions (sleeping and no motivation) except it's legal. Any advice? If I can PM 33saint after this post I will. So appreciate your replies. Thank you, Maggie
Old 10-12-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 33Saint View Post
"Wake him up to life." HI Maggie, no matter what, an addict, or alcoholic, will not wake up to life, unless he or she is ready. That's it, no matter what they are facing, it matters little until they decide. Sounds like he needs in-house treatment. That's fine. Yet remember that if he does not want to be sober, it won't work. I to was a heavy opiate abuser. I'm now taking subxone, and have not had a pill for 21 days. I realize its not a lot of time, but believe me it's been several years, that I was opiate free for this long. I have a long road ahead, but i am willing and have surrounded myself with a positive network of both aa/na types as well as medical professionals. I like my chances, because i am finally willing!
True.

The benefit of in-house treatment is that WHEN they decide to get help, they know where to go.

Saved my life.

Also, subutex is an opioid.

js