Notices

Spouse, Suboxone & Sex

Old 10-31-2014, 07:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

It has been about 2 - 3 years since I've had any type of "intimate" relationship with my husband. We are both ex-addicts. I thought at first we just did it so much when we were using that we got burned out.

But I think that methadone/suboxone/opiates of any type effects the sex drive. Because I have no interest whatsoever in it and am glad we have just a platonic relationship. We have learned to love each other on a different level. But we're not as young as you guys.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:12 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good morning,

Thank you for being so honest.
I am not married to him so makes it lil harder I think. I have a very high sex drive and it drives me insane to have to initiate it or even just like ask and work our way into it. It is never just natural and spontaneous for us which i dislike. But ...........I do love him. He is a really good guy!
The cost of the suboxone holds him back from being able to make a future with me because the money for that is his extra money. So down deep i am a lil bitter that he is still using after finding out in March of this year. Sounds selfish??? Probably..... he doesnt need it. He was on pills before starting suboxone..... He would do fine without this stuff! He doesnt drink or we do not even put ourselves around people who do drink or "party" he is over all that he says. I keep praying each day he makes the decision for his health and his body to get off of it all together.
I guess I have never known him not on it...... which makes me super sad as well. He started it couple months before he and I got togethet he finally admitted. We have been together now for 2 1/2 years.... couldnt understand for the longest as to why a 30 year old didnt have a better sex drive..... until this year in march 2014 when i found out on my own.... all that time i would think well maybe he isnt attracted to me like he should be.... blaming myself and even saying those things to him..... He should have been totally honest from my point of questioning... he said he didnt want to lose me. Well....im still here..... I want us to be normal couple and have faith that we will. I just hope soon.... very hard to see him gain weight..... have nightmares.....have leg cramps....all side affects he goes thru.... This isnt good for his body.....

I am happy that you and your husband have found what works for you two to stay together and to be happy. I wish you all a lifetime of happiness.

Thank you for your reply.

Pray for us if you are a praying soul....
Old 01-23-2015, 02:39 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Same problem...except that I don't think anymore that it's the Suboxone killing his sex drive. Our sex life was fine when we were dating but as soon as we moved in together he started blaming Sub for his lack of sex drive.
I hope you figure it out for the better of your marriage. I sure can't.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:33 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

My husband and I are both on suboxone, I am on 1mg a day, he is on 2mg a day. I can totally relate to this! My husband's sex drive crashed to the floor after about 1 1/2 years on subs. This lasted a very long time until finally he found a supplement called Nugenix. It's a Testosterone booster and it has been a life saver for us.

Hang in there, it does get better.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:19 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Kresaera,

I am a lil confused. I thought 1 mg wasnt much at all??
My bf is on 14 mg. He started on 32mg 3 yrs ago and is just now on 14mg. DOES THAT EVEN SOUND RIGHT? I mean, i cant figure out why taking so long to wein off of this stuff! And how do you approach your bf and say ummmm will you ask your doct about Nugenix?

Thank you for sharing.
BE WELL!!