Notices

Taking my focus off of his recovery and focusing on mine.

Old 12-22-2013, 07:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Taking my focus off of his recovery and focusing on mine.

My exboyfriend/roommate and I both take Suboxone. He abuses Xanax and his Suboxone. I've been trying to help him recover for years. We've both been through hell because of his addiction. He's actually physically attacked me on several occasions twice when he was high and once the worst attack actually when he was sober. He's of course been manipulative as all addicts are. I've gotten to the point now where I've had enough. I still live with him for now but I plan on moving the second I save enough to put a security deposit down on an apartment. I spent so much time focusing on him that I've neglected myself. I can't believe I started taking Suboxone. I didn't have the strength or time to keep going to the doc for percs though. I have a bad back and I got surgery 3 years ago when I was 22 and it actually messed me up worse and left me in more pain. I've always done physically demanding work because I enjoyed it. Just to get through the day I was prescribed percocet. I of course got addicted and no matter how hard I tried to stop I was in too much pain and the withdrawal was too much so I always started taking it again. I took tramadol on top of it for breakthrough pain and I think I got hooked on that too. My life got harder because of not being able to work enough to support myself and I found myself craving the high. Something I'm not proud to admit.
Well now I'm finding myself hooked on this drug that I've heard nothing but horror stories about and I'm afraid. I don't know what it's going to do to me. I don't know I'm going to deal with my pain cuz Suboxone only helps to take the edge off. I had my Dr increase my dose to this medicine that I don't want to take! Why would I do that? I know I wanted to take more for the pain but now I'm on 2 strips a day! Not cool. Do I have any hope of ever getting off of this crap? I've been taking it since the beginning of the summer and I heard anything longer than six months and you're on it for life. Where do I go from here? I'm really really scared for my health. I mean no one knows what Suboxone does to people.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi EH

I never taken subs, never heard about them until I came here, but there's seems to be a lot of boogyman stories about being on it for life etc.

You may hear a few of those in this thread, but I hope you hear some of the success stories too

D