Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox
Reload this Page >

Anyone experience "precipitated withdrawals" with suboxone OR subutex?

Notices

Anyone experience "precipitated withdrawals" with suboxone OR subutex?

Old 08-29-2013, 02:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Anyone experience "precipitated withdrawals" with suboxone OR subutex?

I was on suboxone and relapsed, every time I tried inducing I got precipitated withdrawals which my friend just informed me is nicknamed"suicide withdrawls" because it isTHE WORST FEELING I'VE EVER HAD AND JUMPING OFF A BRIDGE DID SEEM LIKE AN Easy option! So I was using heroin, my doctors told me to wait 24 hours after last use, and guess what, I got PW(precipitated withdrawal) STILL! last time I waited 36 hours after last use and got PW still.... Finally they tried subutex And that diDnt give me PW but it took DAYS to make me feel better and not in just plain old heroin withdrawel.... The doctors say they've never seen or heard of PW after waiting so long, I need some answers or others experience please? I'm in a hospital with endocarditis from using and need some input from anyone that has experienced this...
Thanks!!!
Old 08-30-2013, 04:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No one? never heard of it?
Old 08-30-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Fine I will bite. Yes I had them. Before I knew anything about them I thought sub was going to be my savior. Snorted 8mgs about 8 hours after some H thinking I was going to be able to just cruise along with my life. WRONG!!! I actually had just sat down to grab a bite to eat and 20 minutes after I blasted the sub it hit. Sweat just started pouring out of me and I just ran out of the restaurant after I already ordered. Ran to a bathroom at the mall and was basically projectile vomiting and crapping myself at the same time. Sorry to be so graphic, but I am sure someone else has been there. I did not know what the f was going on. I was curled up in that bathroom stall for a good 2 hours before I finally had enough energy to pull myself out.

So yes I learned the hard way. Honestly sub never helped with my H withdrawals until about the 4th day when the worst was over. I tried every way to induce imaginable and it never gave me much relief. I am not quite sure why this is after hearing other people feeling great after taking it, but not me. Yes it helped in the long term, but not the 25 times or so I have kicked dope. So definitely not something to be messing with. Have a doctor help you induce and stick to the plan. Playing your own doctor usually turns out bad bad bad!
Old 08-30-2013, 07:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes I was following doctors orders and still got PW, wtf? allll heroin opiates should be out of receptors after 12 hours, I waited 24 hours, then 36 hours, and still got PW.... And yes Markus I know what u mean its the worst feeling I've ever had and I'm stable on subs now but it's not like the first time I was on them. The first time I tapered from methadone and felt wonderful after my first sub dose, for some reason switching from heroin to subs I had PW the first few attempts, finally they tried subutex and I didn't feel WORSE but not better for DAYS AND DAys... The only explanation is the dope could have been cut with a long acting opiate.... Any thoughts? I wanna prevent this from happening to anyone else in the future through my doctor (who is an awesome doctor btw) she sees a lot of patients in a high drug use area so I'd appreciate Any ideas or thoughts on this...
Old 08-30-2013, 09:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I honestly don't know why I never seemed to get much relief from H withdrawals with sub. God knows I tried. That was the only time I had precipitated withdrawals, but all of the other times I used it to try and help me kick it just didn't seem to do much and I tried lots of different things and dosages. It definitely helped me get back on my feet more quickly after day 3 or 4, but I always had to go through 2 to 3 days of hell to get there. Maybe it was due to the amount of dope I was on which was 2 to 3 grams of raw a day. Lots of rough days and nights in hotel rooms. You would think I would have learned my lesson sooner. I always had to pay the piper and then some.

Now with 18 months clean from everything I haven't had to worry about it in some time. In the end I think each and every one of those episodes of being dope sick were needed to get me to my bottom. I sure as hell don't want that life back. The anxiety and depression that comes with kicking dope is absolutely unbearable, but that tells you just how powerful that junk is. I just kept going back again and again. Always convincing myself this time would be different or I would just chip for a day or two or just not giving a f@ck, but inevitably I got sucked in again and again. My body built up a tolerance so quickly that if I used for more than 2 days in a row I was going to get pretty sick. Such an evil and life draining drug. Sucks the life out of you. Basically steals your dam soul.

For me yes kicking is a necessary part of recovery, but such a small part of it. Living day to day and dealing with life sober is where real recovery is at. So glad I finally found it. Good luck to you my friend.