Notices

Emotional side effects from Vivitrol injection

Old 05-22-2013, 06:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Emotional side effects from Vivitrol injection

I am extremely new to this but I need some serious help. My husband has been fight opiate addiction for about 3 years now. He was taking suboxone to stay clean and it was helping, but with no health insurance or extra money, we couldnt afford to get it legitamally. When our source ran out for good, my husband relapsed. After going through that for the better part of two years, we finally found someone else selling the vivitrol shots. My husband has been very successful since starting this shot, has had 2nd month injection. .. To the point, what kind of emotional side effects has anyone heard of or experienced themselves? My husband has been detatched and told me he may not be in love anymore. As much as I would like to say that Im not a crazy person and that its the drug, maybe I am crazy. I just wondered if anyone else out there was experiencing strange emotional side effects
Old 05-22-2013, 01:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Who can say for sure if it is the Vivitrol or just coming off of opiates and/or suboxone. I do know that coming off of opiates produces TREMENDOUS Emotional side effects. I am sure your husbands opiate use cost as much as or more than a doctor visit so if he is truly serious he really needs to talk to a doctor. There are no magic pills or shots. Doctors advice and counseling and rehab should go along with it.

Maybe time for you to get some support for yourself. That would not make me feel too good to go through all of the struggles of living with an addict only to have them abruptly decide they don't love you anymore. I hope for the best for you and your husband. Take care of yourself!
Old 05-23-2013, 08:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

there is a study being done to see if bupe (subutex) has a legitimate anti-depressive actions. Some people swear it does, read the wiki. As for your husband I don't know I would hope that if he is feeling funny to know enough not to take it our on you. Maybe their are underlying mental problems there already? Good luck tho hope you make it through with or without him. wish I or anyone with a problem was lucky enough to have someone like you who cares so much