Notices

Need HELP!! - Methadone Withdrawals :(

Old 09-16-2013, 02:09 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

Sort of... I don't like the downsides to meetings. Life isn't perfect for me but I'm trying. There's a lot of ups and downs and it can get pretty overwhelming.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:18 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I just want to say that if Id have known what poison methadone was I would have never ever put it in my mouth and this is just for anyone who wants to know.. 5wks ago I jumped off at 15 mgs and am still having a tough time of it... also kinda went out of it and drank to ease to wds ended up with pancreatitis and hosp stays.. that stuff I believe is government mind control..think how many millions of us they've had addicted to something that can take months to get over and if they decided not to let you have it.. I'll never use another drop of the stuff if I do die... just warning ya... stay away from it.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:31 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Librium

I had to go into treatment to detox from eight years of methadone use. They gave me librium for ten days and it was a huge help to me. Everyone is different, however, there were a couple of people who came in after me who just couldn't take the withdrawals even with the librium. They checked out after a day or two to return to using. The librium helped me get through the worst of it but by no means was it easy. I have ninety days clean from methadone and everything else now. I am symptom free except for depression. I just can't seem to get very interested in anything, and I tend to want to sleep a lot. I am working part time and having a job helps a lot. I'm going to find a full time job soon and Im hoping the increased income and reduction in personal free time will help me. I simply don't remember what the hell I used to do all day when I was using. Boredom and depression are my worst enemies right now. I find myself asking myself: "What do people DO all day?" I have a lot of trouble finding things to fill the hours...
Old 05-05-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

Just wanted to point out lastly that ******** is not a cure by any means. You still have to do the work.
I still have trouble filling my time. They say meetings work though.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:24 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I can't go Into too much detail bcuz I'm working at the moment BUT there's lots of inspiration here. Read the 7 page post titled day 30 me and a few others came off the poison at around(not exactly) the same time. I was on it 5 years 100mg I tapered down to 25mg over 1 years time I'd recommend going down to at least 10 or 15 tho 25 was TOUGH! Lol...anyways a few tips/things I learned..and some of this may sound hard but you can do it and I'm giving you the honest truth here. 1. My detox didn't hit until day 5 I felt very emotional days 2 thru 4 but the real hell was days 5 thru 14, so prepare yourself for some time off! I think I left work day 4 came back day 13 missed 1 week. 2.youll never be able to kick it unless you truly want to and you truly believe in yourself I know it's hard but believe me if I can do it anyone can i was hooked on opis for 8 years total 5 on m done tho. 3. Gotta have a support system, mine was here there's some REALLY kind helpful people here they've been thru what your going thru so that helped me plus my wonderful gf. 4. All that sleep you've been gettin on m done kiss it goodbye...I'm still having insomnia 44 days in but my life is WAY better my head is so much clearer, it's such a great feeling man go for it!! 2 weeks of pain is worth a lifetime freed from chains!!!
Old 08-03-2014, 03:58 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

Congrats!
Yeah, I ended up back on the Methadone for about a week and than my body pretty much rejected it all together once it realized what was actually going on and I decided to just jump off. I was actually scared ******** to have to go back on from what I remember.

I think it's been about 4 days since I was blurred in that smudged up world that they call Methadone.
It's not nearly as bad as when I jumped off at 17mgs obviously (nor do I think I'd be able to do that to myself again lol), but I'm noticing some minor chills here and there this time around, a bit of depression, some time dilation, problems with energy and getting going and just some minor ups and downs.
By support system do you mean like meetings and stuff? I'm not gonna lie, a kick isn't fun to do on your own. Add tapering down on your Benzodiazepine at the same time to the list and your hands are pretty much full.

I still struggle with insomnia too. I don't actually think I've been able to sleep without some sort of sleeping aid (Melatonin as the weakest) in probably about 4 and a half years. I heard that's the last thing to come back.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:38 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

deal withdrawals is the hardest thing of a detox process, i hope you feel better, thanks for sharing