Notices

Just started suboxone & very sick

Old 02-14-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just started suboxone & very sick

I'm hoping someone can tell me if it's the Suboxone or w/d making me sick. I was taking 15-20mg of hydrocodone every 4-6 hours. I decided to quit taking these things and on Friday (2/8) my doctor began my detox plan. He put me on 50mcg Fentanyl patch. Monday I took that one off and put on a 25mcg patch. Yesterday (2/13) I was told to take that patch off and he gave me 2mg suboxone film in the office. I felt a little work and tired when I left his office but still ok. I picked up my prescription which has me taking 8mg 3 times a day.

After my second dose yesterday I felt tired, my head started to hurt,and I was kind of numb. The third dose last night was when it got bad. My head started pounding, I was numb, nauseous, and vomiting. I didn't sleep all that well. I still felt a little sick when I woke up this morning and really didn't want to take it again but was more scared of the w/d so I took it. So far I have had two 8mg doses today and have a raging headache and I'm vomiting/nauseous to the point where I can't eat anything. I called my doctor and all he did was call in phenergan to help with the nausea but said don't stop taking the Suboxone.

Does anyone know if this sounds like w/d or just a bad reaction to Suboxone? I can't take feeling like this anymore and I'm terrified to take my next dose.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your best bet is to work with your doctor. Nobody can say for sure what you are experiencing and forum rules state no medical advice for this very reason. It sounds like you might have started the suboxone a bit too soon, but your doctor should have monitored you before giving it to you. 24 mg's is a pretty high dose though and at this point you might be feeling sick because your dose is too high. Again this is exactly why we shouldn't give medical advice because every case is different. Work with your doctor and hang in there!!!
Old 02-16-2013, 04:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

2mgs a day was more than enough for me. That was at the highest dose. 3 -8 mgs a day sounds so insane. Yes. Talk to your qwuack doctor
Old 02-21-2013, 06:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Night owl

Hi, I hope you are feeling better. I agree with everyone suggesting that you call your doctor, pester him if you have to because you shouldn't have to feel or be that sick.

It does sound like maybe he didn't have you wait long enough between the fentanyl patch and starting the suboxone. My subs doctor said I had to wait 48 hours after removing the patch before starting on the suboxone. Look up precipitated withdrawals because it sounds like you might be experiencing that. And call your doctor!

Take care.