Notices

Probation drug screen

Old 05-21-2012, 04:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Probation drug screen

I am currently on probation and have weekly drug screens. My probation officer informed me today that my urinalysis has been comung back positive. The only medications I take are buspar, gabapentin, escitolopram, and suboxone. Does suboxone test positive for opoids? I know that it is in the opoid subclass.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Please follow along…

Are you specifically tripping a positive for 6MAM, which is monoacetylmorphine? I would ask you want to know exactly what they are picking up, to the chemical compound it is important.

If you are, you are tripping a false positive for heroin use, although the weird part is the only way to prove heroin use is to test real quick because it is not detected in urine after 24 hours.

Now it isn’t the buprenorphine (which only is found if looked for and trips no false positive that I know of or have found ) in the suboxone it is the naxolone. It is confused as 6MAM because of something with the molecular mass….If you know you haven’t used they are reading it wrong, it is called laziness.

I have only found little research on this, but I would be asking some specific questions like.
Are they just dipping and running with the results or are they having it sent out to be confirmed?
I would also ask if they are checking to see if you have buprenorphine in your system?
You could switch to subutex, solves any problems with the naxolone, which is proving to be a real royal pain in the ass anyway and never served a purpose to begin with.

I have never heard of any of the other things you are taking tripping a false positive opiods…

Be pushy, good luck.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know nothing about drug tests but welcome to SR

Wouldn't you have to supply a list of medications you're on to your PO to avoid these readings?

D