Notices

Subutex and weight changes

Old 06-05-2012, 09:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Subutex and weight changes

I am almost to the end of my second week on subutex, and most of my side effects are slowly fading away (nausea, headaches, drowsiness) now that I am more "stabilized" on my current dose.

I have realized, however, that one thing in particular is different: my appetite.
I eat less. I desire food less often. I have been losing weight. Now, I'm not sure of the exact amount of weight I have lost as I gained quite a bit during the last year of my addiction and I never wanted to see the number. Suffice to say, that within 2 weeks, a pair of pants that were my "fat pants" have suddenly began falling off me, so I'm going to estimate that I've lost between 3-6 lb, give or take a few(haha, I know that's vague, sorry!)

Has anyone else experienced this, or any weight changes as a result of subutex/suboxone maintenance? I'm quite pleased with this side effect, to be honest, as it seems like the weight is just falling off me with no effort at all. Am I just not munching since I'm not high anymore? Will I continue to lose weight (I'm hoping so!) or will this balance out eventually?