Notices

Experiences with taking suboxone too soon

Old 04-12-2012, 05:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Experiences with taking suboxone too soon

hi everyone~

I was using Norco/Vicodin 20/day for a couple months. Two weeks ago I was able to get off them using suboxone. I took my last suboxone Sunday (3/4 of an 8mg). I thought since I was taking such a low dose the withdrawal would be non-existent-wrong! Since then I've taken about 15 Vicodin yesterday and 15 today. I took my last one at 4:00pm. I obviously have to slow down on my sub taper.

I'm wanting to know what people's experiences were with taking their first sub after taking an opiate. When I did it last time I'm pretty sure it was 24 hours and I was fine. I keep reading anywhere from 12-24 hours. I don't have to take very much sub for it to help the opiate withdrawals. I'm wondering if anyone has taken sub within 15 hours of taking an opiate and had it be ok?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like this would be a good question for your sub doctor. If you jumped off at 6mg you would definitely feel withdrawals. I am not sure what amount you were prescribed and for how long. You were trying to come off the hydrocodone using methadone a few months ago correct? What went wrong there? Sorry not trying to be a nag.

Anyway one of the main reasons to have a sub doctor is to do a proper induction. They can assess your level of withdrawal and make sure you do not take it too soon. It is not necessarily just based on time since you last used (although that is a big factor). The doctor has a scale they use to measure where your withdrawals are at. You are definitely better off waiting a little too long versus too soon I can tell you that from experience. Good luck! - I hope it works out this time.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Marcus, thanks for your reply. I can't go to a dr right now because it's $400 for the first appointment and I don't have it. With the methodone, I took it and couldn't get through the withdrawals. I only have two suboxone left and I guess I have to break them into 1/8ths. This is my last chance to do this and I need to get it right. I don't think I'll need much of the sub to deal with the withdrawals, just wondering if 15 hours is long enough. I can use the COWS scale in the morning and see where I'm at. I guess right now I'm just afraid I'll be in partial withdrawal and not be able to handle it. I really hate this. I felt really good on the suboxone and started using it when I needed energy-big mistake! I can't use it as a drug this time or I'll just blow it again.

Have a great night!
Old 04-12-2012, 05:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I don't know but I hope you will soon get medical supervision.
All my best