Notices

day 3 - no methadone

Old 03-12-2012, 12:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

And sorry for all the double posts when I dnt hv service it wont post but when I get service it automatically sends it & I do the same, sorry
Old 03-12-2012, 12:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Tylenol and/or advil should help for the backache, headache, and general aches all over. We're all pulling for you, keep us posted on your progress.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:55 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

@bcHElovesme There's so guarantee "w/d time", but a week is generally a safe bet for the bulk of the symptoms....I got sick-sick, not just dope-sick right around Day 3, so it was worse and longer, but I played into my head that it was ALL a flu, not w/d, took my Nyquil and Ibuprofen and vitamins and pushed through. It could be just 3 or 4 days, could be a week and a half....does't matter though...if it's a month (and it won't be*) you still have to do it...sooner or later, make it sooner. I was terrified the way I jumped, I had no support (until this site) and I had no idea what to expect from the effects of Methadone and/or Suboxone in the way I chose to jump...I based my decision off my own research and choices. But you can get stuck on Subs for years too. Once you're at 1mg a day, maybe .5mg for some people....you're in the plane door and ready to jump....your chute will open though! You can make it through it and you will feel so much better when you do! P.s. - for some reason the only thing that seemed to help my headaches/pains OTC-wise was Ibuprofen....advil (even prescription strength), aspirin, tylenol, all that didn't do anything for me. So don't get discouraged, just find the right regimen of everything that works for you. There's a TON of good advice throughout this site, but not every piece is for everyone. Be strong and good luck!
Old 03-12-2012, 11:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thank you-it makes me feel better that it may not take so long! I hv subs but hvnt taken them yet.I want to give it my all & see how far I can get. What's the point of even detoxing if I gv up so soon. I hvnt slept in two days, I can't sit BC of my arms & legs, it is nearly impossible to stand, & I am ridiculously cold, I am yawning every 2 seconds - which is driving me crazy. I'm shaking so bad I can't even hold a pen to write. I hv taken 5 showers today & it helps a little but is so hard to do. My body aches so bad I cnt bend over or pick anything up. I hvnt slept next to my Hubbykins in days & I miss him so much even though hes right here w/ me. My body feels like it's on fire if anyone touches me. My days hv become nights & my nights days it just all runs together now. I'm going to try to sleep now..
Thanks again for taking the time to read this & for the support. I so need this -all of you are amazing.
P.s. wht vitamins do you suggest?
Old 03-13-2012, 02:43 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
NAIOU

This is my experience with Methadone. After being on 45mg. of Methadone for 2 years I new it was time to get off of it. I had 2 friends in NA that came to me one morning and told me it was time for me to detox off the Methadone. I went by the methadone clinic and dosed. I was then taken to a detox center. I was prescribed oxicodone to come off the Methadone. The doctor said I could not do it cold turkey. It took me 16 days to withdraw from Methadone. It was no cake walk. I went through every thing that you have described. I never took the first oxicodone. I went through what I had to go through to get to the other side of Methadone. I am proof that it is possible to get off of methadone. So for me it is how bad you want to get off of the Methadone. This detox will not kill you, it might make you want to die. If you hang in there for a few more days you will be on the down hill run and before you know it you will be clean from Methadone. You can do this if you try hard enough. I hope this helps. Love and Respect . Logo
Old 03-13-2012, 07:53 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

@bcHElovesme I personally take a One-A-Day Multi (for men), Echinacea (Immunity), Vit C (Immunity) and Folic Acid (Red Blood - I think it could just use the production help after all the chemicals being pumped through me for years). I also drink like 3-4 Vitamin Waters a day, plus eating fresh fruits and vegetables. B Vits are good for energy, though I haven't gone to get a B-complex or anything yet. I'm sure there are a whole host of good vitamins people may recommend, it's all rather new to me, so this is my starting point. But I definitely feel a difference in my body with the change. Supposedly too much caffeine makes w/d worse in some so going with a B12, B6 type solution for energy would probably be a better bet. Good luck!
Old 03-13-2012, 08:41 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

bcHEloveme, the yawning constantly is a classic wd symptom, as is chill bumps (gooseflesh). Sweating profusely also.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:32 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Day 6 -terrible - I tried 4 times to post something but cldnt mk it happen, I can't focus for even a moment. I cannot stand conversation or TV - its annoying - music helps though.
Day 7- there's nothing left inside me - turned in the 10 bottles I had, thy tried advising me to stay but I literally remember very little of the discussion it was frustrating so I just said let me sign whtevr I need to to get outta here cause I'm not listening to a thing ur saying & lefft. I've lost 25lbs & it is impossible to eat. I TRY to keep up w/ fluids - it's hard it just goes through me so quick. No subs yet trying to wait but it's hard. Going now jst wnt'd to update
Old 03-14-2012, 12:35 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hang in there! See a sub doc if you can. The sub will definitely give you relief, but you have rode it out this far. Methodone withdrawals are very similar to heroin (problem is they last 4 times as long thanks to the half life). I know exactly what you are feeling and it ain't pretty. I honestly couldn't even turn on the tv or music - just laid there and rode it out - tried to sleep as much as I could, but wasn't easy. I would wake up to projectile vomiting. I know what you mean with your arms - mine were on fire and vibrating. Curled up in a ball and cried for my mommy! You have to be getting over the hump soon, but if not see a doctor please!
Old 03-14-2012, 01:46 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

@bcHElovesme Awww...I know it's hard and painful and you just want to scream and hit something...if you could physically do that. But IT WILL PASS. Just a couple days more.....you've already gone this far, if you take the Subs you will just have to go through this again, even if not to such an extent. Way to go turning in your scripts, what an incredibly strong and brave move. You are doing excellent. Everything you are feeling we all have felt and gone through and lived through. If you can't type out a rant just sit and read story after story about people where you are right now...it helped me so much just to know that relief is right around the corner while I was feeling so horrible and in tears......YOU ARE STRONG! Stupid little pills so not own you, you own you, you choose for you, you fight for you. Do not give up, you are right in the breakout zone....and you will feel so good when you did it all on your own. Very proud of you, keep it up and keep us posted!
Old 03-14-2012, 04:08 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

StopDrop is right. Don't take the subs if you don't have to. I just would hate to see you go back to methadone but it sounds like you already made up your mind on that. Great job!!! You have probably hit the peak already and will slowly start to feel better. You might feel a bit off for a good month, but nothing like you have been through so far. Just some high anxiety and stomach issues. I was rooting for you but scared when you jumped at 80. God will help you through but maybe this is the price you had to pay for it to stick this time
Old 03-15-2012, 06:27 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

bc, check in and let us know how you're doing.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:57 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Just wnt to post about day 8 - symptoms are a little better. - my mind is not. Still freezing & I hate my arms & legs still. Generic immodium helped w/ tummy drama but I cnt move. With each day I get more & more angry, depressed (which I hv never experienced), IRRITATED, confused, & I hate television. The bugs crawling all over me feeling is worse today thn ever & my body feels like I'm burning alive whn someone touches me but I am so relieved I dnt hv to camp out in the bathroom anymore. I've lost 28 lbs as of today & I turned my bottles in which at tht time I was confident about it - today the anxiety from not hv"g them alone is maddening. I feel like a genuine lunatic but music is my new bestfriend. All in all symptoms are better my mind & attitude are a very scary place right now. I've never felt more like a true junky in my entire life - its scary when YOU become that loser on TV shaking , puking, & losing it that I once laughed at & mad jokes about ...
Old 03-15-2012, 12:53 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

@bcHElovesme No worries!!!! If you ever read my posts Day 7 made me freak out - I thought my w/d started going backwards and I wanted to use so bad! BUT!!!!! You're just a few days away - YOU'RE ALREADY PASSED A WEEK!!!! WAY TO GO!! I understand everything you're feeling, but you are SO CLOSE!! Mentally you will feel down and out longer than the physical end. The anxiety, lack of sleep and aggravation will make the symptoms seem worse than they really are. I also was cloudy-headed and confused for a week and a half or so, we're so used to the haze of the drugs that we never realize it. Music helped me a lot too. Adrenaline music to get my heart pumping and get endorphins moving to help the symptoms and relaxing tunes to help fall asleep. You got this though!! So, SO CLOSE!! Your symptoms are already passing, just be mentally prepared to feel a little blah for a few days.....I'm at 2 weeks and 5 days today and still have "that feeling", but I just keep smiling and pushing energy out and sticking to my plan and it's helping it improve massively. I think you are doing an incredibly awesome job so far, just stick to it and push through!!

:ghug3
Old 03-17-2012, 04:32 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

OK day 9 I'm ready to tk this suboxone but the very smell of this made me vomit twice already - I've only took subs one other time on methadone - wow whatta mistake! So my? Is can I just choke this down w/ yogurt or something or do I HAVE to let it dissolve? If I hv to let this strip chill under my tongue for any amount of time forget it I'm way too nauseous for all tht....
Old 03-17-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

It has to dissolve. No use just swallowing it. I guess it is up to you. Try to hold out for 15 minutes. The relief you will get should be worth it, but you have come a long way so it up to you. Great job so far!
Old 03-17-2012, 07:47 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Just wanted to drop in to let you know I am thinking of you and hoping that each day is getting better. I'm VERY proud of you. (((hugs)))
Old 03-17-2012, 09:41 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

@ tip613 - thanks <3 its nice to hear those words! I'm not holding up as well as I thought. I left home & not being as pleasant as I shld be to others - jst wnt to be isolated but sure do wish someone was here to help me move a bit uckys this is no joke - methadone w/d - not for the faint of <3 & very draining - I'm READY to gv it up & eat, walk, & talk again </3
Old 03-18-2012, 06:41 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

You've surely gotten thru the worst of it, eh? Just seems like it's lasting forever for you! How much longer are you gonna be feeling this way? I admire your strength so much. My son is a heroin addict and he can't manage any "suffering" at all for more than about 2 hours....he tries and he realizes he's a slave, but he just doesn't have the strong will that you have demonstrated. Please tell me you'll hang in there. You've come so far! I'll be thinking of you!
Old 03-18-2012, 08:24 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

@bcHElovesme I can't believe how strong-willed you are. Most people would've taken the sub forever ago.....so good and smart of you to stick it out. Well, are you? Or did you finally give in? They do need to dissolve sublingually but if you've already made it 9 days of hell with no chemical assistance you'll just be setting up for another smaller withdrawal. I think you can really do this. You have an incredible willpower. And I once took Suboxone and Methadone in the wrong way and OMG did I think I was going to die, I know that feeling. But you are close, it shouldn't be longer than 2 weeks at most, and you are just so close. I kept telling myself "If I take even a little bit to relieve just a hair......then all these days of suffering were for nothing, all that willpower was for nothing.". You can do this! 3 weeks and I don't feel "perfectly normal".....I'm often tired, fatigued, hungry then full then hungry, angry and bitter about dumb stuff......but overall great. I KNOW I am healthier, I know I'm eating right and working out, I also know that much of these symptoms will be here for a while longer......it takes time to stabilize. Ever see those mugshots one after the other where a woman started healthy and almost smiling (except she just got arrested), then in each shot after she looks worse and worse and worse and somehow yet still more worse and more worse? Think about how much time that takes, now think about how much time we did this to ourselves - We may not look like that, but often feel like it......so imagine that's you in reverse. You are getting better and better in each shot, but you still feel crappy because you have a couple more shots to go You will beat it.