Notices

need help

Old 01-24-2012, 09:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

need help

I've been using 4 to 8 mgs of suboxone for almost 4 weeks. Iam discouraged as this follows a year of recovery. Can i do a quick tapper 4mg,2mg2mg,2mg,1mg,1mg,.5mg,.5mg or similar. I can't miss work and have to get back into recovry. Im worried about where i know this will lead. Input and help please.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Anybody out there?
Old 01-24-2012, 10:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi wantstochange.

Unfortunately you're asking for medical advise, and by our rules we can't give you that.
Do you have a Dr?

D
Old 01-25-2012, 01:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Why would you start the drug after a "full year of recovery"? If it was prescribed for you, why the concern over coming off?
Old 01-26-2012, 04:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Im sure he started the drug after a "full year of recovery" because he relapsed which alot of people do and it's nothing to be ashamed of, just pick up and move foward. I dont believe it would be considered medical advice so I will give you my opinion on your question. I dont believe 4 weeks of use at only 4-8mg a day would have you fully dependent again. The taper you have described sounds like a good plan and IMO you will have very minimal withdrawals considering it was only a couple weeks of use at normal doses. Good luck & I hope you learned from this relapse & can figure out what triggered it so it can be avoided next time.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the encouragement. I am getting back involved in meetings and being honest with my accountability. The detrimental effects have been more psychological than anything else...shame, guilt, ect...It's definitely true that it gets worse everytime. I want to live in freedom again and move forward. I know that i can learn from this or go back to where i was a couple of years ago...hell. Thanks again for taking the time to comment.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You're Welcome..

People relapse, it's a part of our disease. Each relapse is a learning experience and will ultimately help you in your journey of recovery if you use that relapse for that purpose. Dont get down on yourself over it, be happy you made it back and realized your mistake because alot of people relapse and never get the chance to make it back. Im on Subutex and have been since April of last year, I have no plans in coming off till I feel im comfortable to do so. You should not have much withdrawal at all in my opinion from the dose and amount of time you slipped. I hope your taper goes well and I wish you lots of luck.