Notices

The pain is less the brain still nags

Old 03-18-2012, 08:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy The pain is less the brain still nags

I have been sober four 8 day from manily methadone and other pain meds. The pain, sleeplessness, burning, cold, hot, cold, hot, skin crawling, restlessnes just the streight up pain was unberable. I almost broke down one day and im glad I hit the e.r. instead. the pan is going away and I physicaly feel much better. that said I have no energy. I am depressed. I live in Seattle and we are having some of the worst wether on record. I feel very hopless and want to enjoy life once again, like when i was using. I wont go through that pain again but it sounds good. I want to be able to enjoy my kids and girlfriend again. I feel like the child off the house alway moping around. when we go places I hit a wall energy wise pretty fast and im bring others down. The voice in my head tells me to use no matter how much i ignor it or try to keep busy. I wish There was an esay way on this one. one day at a time I guess. I dont understand how drugs like this even exsit. it seems like torcher.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

ever done any step work mate? hit steps 1-3 as soon as you can and replace the nag with the step 3 buzz...worked for me and countless others worldwide
best wishes
Old 03-18-2012, 08:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

naw

Im not really religious.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

neither am i mate! lol
Old 03-19-2012, 03:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

@ Mj Welcome! Glad you're not giving in to those thoughts and feelings. It's hard to tolerate, but can be done. Crap weather doesn't help - I live in Buffalo, so I know, however, thanks to global warming or the apocalypse we are having some really warm and sunny days right now, usually still covered deep in snow. I understand the energy thing, I am still dealing with fatigue and some depression (hard to say how much when you were depressed before drugs), and I am on Day 23. I've completely changed my life however, I eat healthy foods - raw fruits and veggies and unprocessed meats and dinners, a solid vitamin regimen, all-day hydration and I work out every day, even when I don't want to - but by the time you are in the swing of it your heart is pumping and adrenaline starts waking you up and helping you feel better. I also pretty much force myself to act happier and have a brighter disposition throughout the day - not because I feel like constantly being chipper, because I don't - but because it makes you feel less crappy when you aren't walking around with a crap attitude...and people start saying "You're so different now, you seem so much happier and healthier" - and half of that is attitude alone, the rest is the work you do behind closed doors. 24 days ago I would have shrugged all that off as BS.....but I made myself make those choices - and this is the first time I've really been clean in over a decade. Hope you start feeling better. Take care and good luck.