Notices

Any advice or tips on getting off of suboxone?

Old 03-18-2012, 01:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I too came off Subs it can be done but one must remember Buprenex is still an opiate and you will have w/d but I can tell you take VITAMINS, POTASSIUM, IMMODIUM, Motrin or Aleve, heat from showers baths or heating pads and something for sleeping. Also GET YOUR MIND RIGHT!! This is paramount if you don't believe in yourself you will fail. I personally have had scripts of Xanax for years for my anxiety disorder but since I hate it i don't take it but it did work for sleep however if you like Benzos DONT TOUCH IT as they are addictive and can and will cause seizures, you need to use Benadryl or my husband used a drug called Trazadone which is an anti-depressant but also helps you sleep somewhat. The main thing is the w/d will be like a freaking roller coaster one minute youre like oh i can handle this huh, then the next youre ready to freaking pull your hair out but the days get better and things get easier. Make sure you have a support person this is crucial and prayer is also crucial. Try and taper the Sub till its like nothing strips are easier as they can be cut into itty bitty pieces. Good luck and god bless!
P.S.
Once you go through the worst of it you'll NEVER wanna go through that again I can assure you of that!!!