Notices

Hello, I'm new here and need help.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Prayers coming your way dragonfly05....
Old 10-13-2011, 11:36 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm sorry I haven't introduced myself properly. My name is Celeste.
I am the mother of SUB7HELL.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:33 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Anthony Sub7 Hell is home with me for three days now.
He seems to be very tired is this normal?
He's barley eating and I'm trying to get as much liquid in him as I can .
I put him the in the tub with the jets to ease his body pain is there any thing I can do to help him?
Please if you have any sugestion to help me help him I "m desperate.
He's my son and to see him going thur hell is painful.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:39 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Dragonfly, as a fellow mom I feel your pain. Unfortunately many of us usually do have withdrawal symptoms after jumping off of suboxone (not everyone goes through this but many do).

The symptoms of acute withdrawal are almost the same as a really bad tummy flu. Chills, upset tummy, nausea, etc... Add restless leg syndrome and insomnia to the mix. He will most likely be very tired for a while.

One of the most important things is to keep him as hydrated as possible. I am glad to hear you are pushing liquids. I was advised to preferably stick to gatorade, vitamin water, juice, milk, etc. Try to keep away from sodas and caffeine but anything liquid is very important. When I was going through acute detox I found that ibuprofen helped me with some of the pains and immodium helped with the runs. The first two weeks are usually the worst with the peak bad symptoms lasting from 4-7 days depending on the dosage he jumped off on. When I could start eating again I stayed with simple things like pasta, cereal and mashed potatoes. I did not sleep for the first two and a half weeks but have been improving a little every day since then...

If he does not show improvement - it may be wise to go to a new doctor in case there are other issues or maybe find a local detox center or call the local Salvation Army to find assistance with detox issues.

Please keep posting and let us know how everything is going. You are in my thoughts and prayers!!!

Last edited by Spica; 11-02-2011 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Still working on typing skills...
Old 11-06-2011, 05:20 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi, I was on subs for a year and a half...Please visit Drugs.pom:suboxone-subutex-therapy in the featured drugs section to Been off subs for, well it's been so long I have forgot the exact amount of time...maybe two years. Please, please read it and the other posts by the member.
Take care
Happydayz
lol, I meant com not pom
Old 11-07-2011, 03:12 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hello from sub7 hell's mom.
I'ts been up and down for 8 days now. Yesterday was very rough emotional.
Taking him for a massage at 9:30 today hope that will get him some relief.
Still doing hot bath and plenty of liquids. Seems like his appetite is improving a bit.
Having trouble with diarrea,then constipation,blurred vision.
Not only coming off of sub's but also Xanax.
The worst is the insomnia,is there any non narcotic that can help. Already tried valarium and melitone and benidryl.
Thank for all your well wishes and prayers.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:17 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi Dragonfly - unfortunately insomnia is one of the last things to leave...I did not sleep a wink for the first two and a half weeks during detox. Sleep came in very small increments after that - an hour here - a few minutes there. I am now up to 5 hours a day some days - some days I still go without sleep but I am definitely better than I was.

It will take a while for his energy level to come back as well. I am including a link for PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawal Symptoms) - this was handed to me by another poster here and lets you know what to expect after the acute phase goes away. This link not only describes what to expect but also ways to help manage the process.

PAWS « Digital Dharma

Proper nutrition and fluids will be continue to be paramount to your sons recovery. We do not take care of ourselves when we use drugs and it takes quite sometime to heal. But heal we do. I have met many fellow recovering addicts who were using for years and are now living healthy drug free lives. We can recover...

It does get better. Please let us know how you are doing...
Old 11-16-2011, 05:11 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Wink

Anthony SubHell7 is starting his third week of detox from suboxone cold turkey. He's doing FANTASTIC. Yes the first two weeks were hell but now each day you can see major improvements. His appetite is back with a vengence,starting to sleep 5 hours or more at a time.His stomach and body aches are at a minimal.His strenght is coming slowly.
PLEASE IF YOUR ON SUBOXONE GET HELP IT CAN BE DONE.
HOPE TO ALL A LOVING MOM
Old 11-16-2011, 10:32 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

That is wonderful news Dragonfly - I am so very happy to hear that you are getting your son back.

Please do look through the PAWS information - it will help you help him as he continues on his recovery.

All the best to you both!!!
Old 11-16-2011, 03:47 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
FT

Hi dragonfly05,

I've neglected this thread since I last posted. I had not realized initially you were Sub7Hell's mom.

As I posted a few weeks ago, I applaud your devotion to your son. I would be doing the exact same thing, and I have two sons about his age. I rescued one of my sons a number of years ago in a somewhat different situation, during a time he would otherwise have been abandoned.

I wish you all the best. I understand the pain you are feeling for your son. I can't even imagine how you've coped with the other anguish in your life. I hope some peace comes your way and you can claim some happiness back into your life.

Much love,

FT
Old 12-03-2011, 07:09 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I just wanted let everyone know that Anthony Sub 7 Hell is doing great. He's home now with his family who have supported his effort thur his detox. He is now up to 110lbs. and had a talk with his boss and their being very considerate and are holding his job for him. Our family all worked in the theatre buisness and as you can imagine there's a lot of alcohol and drug abuse. He wants to write a book on his experience.

THANK YOU TO ALL THAT HAVE LISTEN ,SENT, PRAYERS AND ADVICE
Old 12-20-2011, 06:02 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Looks like your Dr is a sub drug dealer.
get a qualified addictionologist - wh will control the detox and or maintenance of the sub.

Do not try to control this yourself - it will get you messed up bad.

Sub is highly addicting and needs to withdrawn very, very, very, slowly and with respect for the power of the "opiate kick"
Old 12-30-2011, 09:46 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Oh so glad to hear all is going well. I didn't see all these prior comments about the detox. Many prayers going up!

Last edited by Britt26; 12-30-2011 at 09:52 PM. Reason: changed message
Old 01-06-2012, 11:34 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

wow, i am a wife of a suboxone user and this all sounds scary, My prayers are with all of you , and for me and my husband. i can't believe my husband and i have gotten to this point. it sounds like a future of heartache.