Notices

Suboxone question

Old 11-07-2009, 05:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Suboxone question

My husband is on Suboxone for oxycodone addiction 4mg. daily - started in July, relapsed in Sept. Back on subs since Oct. He is starting to doze off and is extremely depressed. My fear is that he may be taking the pills again. Can suboxone and being in recovery still have these symptoms?
Old 11-08-2009, 12:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dozing and depression can happen on suboxone therapy. They are normal early-recovery symptoms for many addicts. It doesn't rule out the possibility that he may be relapsing, though. The sad fact is that most of us addicts relapse several times before recovery "takes" and many of us never do get and stay clean. I couldn't live with an active addict. Never again.

Remember that you didn't cause his addiction, you can't control it, and you can't cure it. If you quit playing detective about his recovery detach in a healthy way, and bring the focus back to you and your life and your recovery from codependency, your life can improve despite what he is doing or failing to do. And for now, make sure you keep your own money. Feel free to PM me with any further questions. I wish you all the best. Life with an addict is painful. Are you going to Alanon or posting in the friends and family forum to get some support for you?

Love,
KJ
Old 11-08-2009, 02:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm on 16 mg a day for chronic pain and I dozed off at first but now I dont (have been on them for 1 month). I'm not depressed though, it actualy lifts me up more than depresses me. He may be taking sus with narcotics and I'm not sure what happens when you do that.
Good luck!
Old 11-08-2009, 05:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Was on sub for 6 months and yes it made me tired and sometimes depressed. I can remember almost nodding off driving home from work or in a meeting. If he has relapsed trust me you'll know within a week or two. Us addicts really suck at hiding it.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanks. Not sure what's going on. You're right - I'll know. My gut is telling me that he's trying and loosing this horrible battle.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Old 12-12-2009, 03:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Suboxone withdrawl after only 9, 8mg pills

Hello All, Does anyone know if I'll have bad withdrawls from suboxone, a quick history, I've been sober (alcohol) for almost 14 years, I am also clean from heroin and oxy's for the same amount of time. 6 months ago I had a slip," no alcohol, H or O's" I took some 7.5 vicodins, that was all it took and my addictive self went on a 6 month vicodin pill popping spree, basically buying them anywhere i could, my last dose of vics was 9 days ago, two days after going cold turkey (7 days ago) I bought 9 , 8mg suboxone, i took my last 4mg today (I broke them in half) will I go through any bad withdrawls? I'm sure the vicodin is out of my system but wondered taking subs for such a short period would reduce the withdrawls.
Otherwise I'm healthy, work out, run bike etc,....

Any advice would be appreciated
Old 12-12-2009, 03:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

You've recieved some answers in the following thread Antonio.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-suboxone.html

I know you want answers, but please don't post the same question multiple times.
D
Old 12-12-2009, 03:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sorry Dee for multiple posts, I'm very new to computers and especially support groups
Old 12-12-2009, 03:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

No problems Antonio
thanks

D
Old 12-13-2009, 08:04 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I think that you will discover that using (drinking, whatever) is but a symptom of underlying problems. I was convinced for many years that my problem was cocaine and that, if I could just get rid of that problem, life would improve. Of course what I always ended up doing was switching to another addiction.

Removing whatever drug we are abusing may provide temporary relief, but most of us continue to relapse, always in a downward spiral. Until we address these underlying problems that cause us to use, happiness seems elusive.