Notices

16th day off suboxone

Old 04-28-2009, 07:08 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by Jimba View Post
I always forget the pain and remember the swinging from the chandeliers naked part. LOL I guess thats an indication that I need N/A in my life to remind me.

Either N/A or the one horrible withdrawal from HeII. My son just told me that he went through torture coming off of drugs this time. He is now 40 days totally clean. For the first time in 3 years. And he had to come off of suboxone this time. It was a horror for him. I am hoping he always remembers the withdrawals. I don't think I could go through this with him again. His addiction broke my heart. I'm going to focus on the goodness of him being totally clean right now.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:46 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

That is simply not true scared. Unfortunately it depends on how much dough you have. I have quite a few members on the board, who have followed the suboxone protocols and had no detox symptoms and have many months of sobriety under their belts. There are also other methods of "scrubbing" the little opioids from your receptors while you are knocked out for a couple of days.

Neither here nor there you are clean, baggers clean, angels been clean along time and I hope to be with you in a month and halfs time. (Thats my sub DT schedule). I respect that you did it on your own, and hope you all keep it up.

Bagger you are my Hero and hope you keep an eye on me case I stray with the funny little tricks.

Scared listen to John Lenon "Mind Games"
Old 04-28-2009, 07:49 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Angelic17 View Post
Either N/A or the one horrible withdrawal from HeII. My son just told me that he went through torture coming off of drugs this time. He is now 40 days totally clean. For the first time in 3 years. And he had to come off of suboxone this time. It was a horror for him. I am hoping he always remembers the withdrawals. I don't think I could go through this with him again. His addiction broke my heart. I'm going to focus on the goodness of him being totally clean right now.
Why did he have such a problem with suboxone?? I am getting to pretty low doses and getting ready to jump. Whats his age and history, I am interested in hearing his story.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:17 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Yeah, I was just talking to you.
Okie, dokie. Then, I'm glad that I went back and edited my reply. Thanks.

I am realizing more and more how different we all are in our positions.
This was the strangest thing to learn for me. Everyone indeeds reacts differently to the therapy both physically and psychologicaly.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:29 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Christin was it a nasty one? The reply that is.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:34 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Angelic17 View Post
Either He is now 40 days totally clean. For the first time in 3 years. And he had to come off of suboxone this time.
Three years is a long ride. Its well good that he stopped though hope he keeps it up.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:04 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Christin was it a nasty one? The reply that is.
Nasty? Never! I love you too much, Jimba. Really! No, all that I did was go back and edit my post by adding:
(Unless your comment is soley in regard to my experience, then I'm the one who has misunderstood. )

After I submitted the reply, I read your post again and the dim lightbulb of my brain brightened slightly and I wondered, "Hmmmm.... I wonder if he was commenting only on my experience and not on tapering in general?"

I hate it when my fingers type quicker than my brain can think.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:52 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

31 days and having chills agin when is this gonna stop just when I thought I was getting better its punched me agin.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:52 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

jimba-scrubbing away?

That is simply not true scared. Unfortunately it depends on how much dough you have. I have quite a few members on the board, who have followed the suboxone protocols and had no detox symptoms and have many months of sobriety under their belts. There are also other methods of "scrubbing" the little opioids from your receptors while you are knocked out for a couple of days.

Neither here nor there you are clean, baggers clean, angels been clean along time and I hope to be with you in a month and halfs time. (Thats my sub DT schedule). I respect that you did it on your own, and hope you all keep it up.

Bagger you are my Hero and hope you keep an eye on me case I stray with the funny little tricks.

Scared listen to John Lenon "Mind Games"
Will u share what u mean by "scrubbing" away opiods from your receptors while you're knocked out? Thanks!!
Old 04-29-2009, 12:08 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Khorner they put you in a induced coma. they give you stuff to speed up the detox I've hearsd it was expensive. I dont know if there is an easier softer way iI havent found one wish now I would have just toughed out the hydies for few days this weeks of W/D's sux the big one.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:46 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Why did he have such a problem with suboxone?? I am getting to pretty low doses and getting ready to jump. Whats his age and history, I am interested in hearing his story.

Jimba, my son is 28. He started using pills at the age of 25. Became horribly addicted, and then kept trying to get clean. He went to rehab 5 times, and never finished the program. He kept leaving. He stayed on and off of suboxone for almost 2 years. He yo yo'd like this for quite some time. The entire time never being totally clean. Then, he decided to snort heroin. Why? I will never know. If you know you are addicted to pills, why would you graduate to heroin? I guess it's the disease that made him do it. Then he started smoking crack and sniffing heroin, and I physically ripped him out of a crack den in Brooklyn NY. I could have been killed but I didnt' care. He spent all of his money on drugs, lost his job, and hurt his family so much, that we all stuck together and refused to do anything for him at all. Then he decided to go into treatment, on his own, and get help. The day after I pulled him out of the crack den, I put him on a plane and sent him to Florida in withdrawals to my older brother. My brother kicked his a$$ all over Florida, and left him on the side of the road because he didn't want to go to treatment again. Well, That day my son went to treatment, and they reviewed his history, and said enough is enough. They let him kick with an aspirin. No more suboxone and seraquel and this and that. My son was so dependant on drugs, and was afraid to live clean. That's the power of addiction. Long story short, he is still in treatment. He is doing great. 40 days 100% clean, and has another month to go. So that's my son's history. My son said that this withdrawal was horrible. His legs were shaking, and sick to his stomach. The whole 9 yards. I sure hope he learned. And doesn't forget the suffering. When you come off of suboxone, there is a bit of anxiety involved. At least for me there was. Not alot, and nothing that I couldn't handle. It's just not fun. Good luck to you Jimba. I wish you the best. :ghug3
Old 04-29-2009, 07:27 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Angel, my family has a long history of addiction everything from shopping to gambling to pills to alcohols to the worse things you mentioned. I lost my 56 year old brother to booze and pills. Its been over 10 years and my mom still cries, she says there is nothing worse that could happen in life than to loose a child. He had a family two beautiful daughters 20 and 22 at the time. We all watched in amazement as he got crazier and crazier and finally his liver heart everything shut down. He died at 6 am at a motel 6 next to the beach. I have another cousin we used have to pull out of the crack house as you say bring the money down pay it off and put him in rehab. He stole everything from tools to trucks from all of us. That was about 15 years ago he went to Jail for 5 years been out 10 he's a good guy now works everyday drinks a beer now and again. My transgressions I have kept to myself, the only way my family new I was in trouble is that I cut everybody I cared about out of my life because I did not want them to suffer and went crazy. They suffered, Im actually a pretty decent guy and contribute to my community (friends family etc.) Didn't realize that for a long time, I almost lost my favorite girl friend because she new I was choosing substances over friendship. I still have a lot of work to do. This binge was short 6-9 months and I do need to mend some fences.

My heart goes out to you, I am not only an addict but a victim of the victimless crime of drug abuse. I say a prayer for your son and your family. Its hard, but tough love is ******** and acceptance is sometimes part of the path. Your son understands about as much as you about why he has done the things he has, help him figure out why and fix them. He's lucky to have a mom that cares and has some insight and is active in the treatment of addiction.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:56 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Angel, my family has a long history of addiction everything from shopping to gambling to pills to alcohols to the worse things you mentioned. I lost my 56 year old brother to booze and pills. Its been over 10 years and my mom still cries, she says there is nothing worse that could happen in life than to loose a child. He had a family two beautiful daughters 20 and 22 at the time. We all watched in amazement as he got crazier and crazier and finally his liver heart everything shut down. He died at 6 am at a motel 6 next to the beach. I have another cousin we used have to pull out of the crack house as you say bring the money down pay it off and put him in rehab. He stole everything from tools to trucks from all of us. That was about 15 years ago he went to Jail for 5 years been out 10 he's a good guy now works everyday drinks a beer now and again. My transgressions I have kept to myself, the only way my family new I was in trouble is that I cut everybody I cared about out of my life because I did not want them to suffer and went crazy. They suffered, Im actually a pretty decent guy and contribute to my community (friends family etc.) Didn't realize that for a long time, I almost lost my favorite girl friend because she new I was choosing substances over friendship. I still have a lot of work to do. This binge was short 6-9 months and I do need to mend some fences.

My heart goes out to you, I am not only an addict but a victim of the victimless crime of drug abuse. I say a prayer for your son and your family. Its hard, but tough love is ******** and acceptance is sometimes part of the path. Your son understands about as much as you about why he has done the things he has, help him figure out why and fix them. He's lucky to have a mom that cares and has some insight and is active in the treatment of addiction.

Hey Jimba, thanks so much for taking the time to write. I too lost my older brother 11 years ago to a drug overdose. My family has alot of history with addiction also. It's been a very painful life to say the least. I love my son with all of my heart but he is 28 and it's time for him to make his own way in the world. I never turned my back on him, but I can no longer enable his behavior. I was guilty of doing too much for him. My son is still in treatment, and he now understands that his addiction is a brain disease, and that when he was using drugs, he wasn't in his right mind.

I am very proud to say, that my son is a good man.
He is educated, and has never stolen from me or anyone
that I know of. He has not been in any trouble with the law
which is a miracle. I am still very proud of him, and tough love
really worked for him. He was so upset that his whole family
was so fed up with him. He was afraid that nobody in the family
would talk to him again. So the tough love really worked.
When I did everything for him, and took him in, and tried to help
I cared more about his recovery than he did, and it didn't work.

Now he is on the right track. And really doing well.
I'm so sorry about the loss of your brother.
Addiction is a killer, and it doesn't discriminate
Doesn't matter what your age is, what your doc is,
Doesnt matter where you live, if your rich or poor
young or old. Addiction kills the best of people

Take care of yourself, and don't break your moms heart again
She wouldn't be able to handle that
I can understand her pain

Thanks for your time and concern.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:37 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Live it

Hang in there! I began at 24 mgs and am now down to 4 mgs and I haven't had any problem at all. I guess I'm just lucky. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles! Don't give up!

xo Sugs
Old 05-01-2009, 08:36 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Sugar;
I jumped at four mg cold turkey. Its been hard but it was time.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:21 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

How are you, its been 32-33 days.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:08 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Im better thanks still a few chills but the rest is gone I hope it stays that way.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:52 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Good job Im down to 3mg, I am starting to feel kinda dicey about cutting now but I think its mostly mental.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:42 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by baggervance View Post
Im better thanks still a few chills but the rest is gone I hope it stays that way.
I hope so too, Bagger! I hope that it stays away from you forever!
Old 05-02-2009, 08:56 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hang in there Jimba, if you stay clean, you will never have to suffer this way again. Remember the discomfort of detox and withdrawal, so you never go back.
So far so good, your doing great.

Stay Strong