CodeJob's Skipping Stones - Step 6

Old 10-09-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

CodeJob's Skipping Stones - Step 6

Step 6 - Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.

Checking in here today though I have had a plan for this step for a while. Stolen of course. I plan to make slips of paper with my main defects and carry them around and pray about them. I'm going to make a Prayer Box for these to reside. I think it might be nice for me to jot down any worries that crop up to and toss them in the box too.

Making the slips of paper will allow me a good review of Step 4 written materials. They are a bit tossed all over on paper and here, so that documentation needs some mental and paper organization. I've had no real timeline set for this process.

Here is my link to my Step 5.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-step-5-a.html
Old 10-23-2014, 01:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well I'm taking a writing class this semester and oddly enough I crafted an amends in poetry form. I don't really feel confident to reach out to the person this amends is for at the moment, but working on this piece really helped me put things into a good mental order.

Due to this class though, I have not really started with my slips of paper and God box...

Also had marital counseling last night. I see I've got a bit of an issue with being right. I need to hold my tongue more as Mr. T really does wade in if I give him a chance. He set course with some long standing issues last night. Now we'll see if RAH starts to follow through. I was really hopeful thinking all would be just peachy - but then I remembered this advice had been given A YEAR ago and nothing came of it that time. Hopefully this time RAH will listen and do what needs to done. If not, then that will help me let go.

Doing a lot of chatting with my sponsor too. She is really a gift from my HP.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Test

Last edited by CodeJob; 11-13-2014 at 07:12 AM. Reason: insert image test
Old 11-17-2014, 09:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Worked through the rest of Step 6 questions today available here on line. I do not detect any hesitance in my part. I do want to review & organize my writings before I move on to Step 7. I think it will be a good review of my defects and I do want to make slips of them and place them in a God Box.

I had a good visit with FOO this past weekend. I did well. I am proud of myself for not getting hung up with other people's issues. I listen and show I care by my presence rather than telling folks what to do.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So this morning while meditating I recalled I had an antique biscuit tin sitting on a bookshelf. Well wouldn't that make a nice God Box!? So I dusted it off, read through my Step 4 writings and then made a list on paper of my faults. Then I cut them up individually and stuck them in the box. Some of the faults I no longer feel are an issue, but I put them all in for reflection.

This reflection on the slips will be my Step 7. So I am closing out Step 6 today.
Old 11-28-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Go Girl.