Notices

2nd time through the steps (step 1)

Old 10-08-2015, 11:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2nd time through the steps (step 1)

Hello everyone,

Grateful to be sober today. I just moved to a new city (things are wonderful for me right now) and I am now looking for a new sponsor. Long story short, my current sponsor said some discriminatory things about a few groups of people and that just is something I am not okay with. Anyways, that is beside the point.

I am meeting with someone on Saturday and I am pretty excited about it. I worked NA steps the first time through, however, I much prefer AA in my new city. So I am going to work the steps in AA this time.

I am really looking forward to it. I feel like my first time around I just scratched the surface. I have 1 year and 5 months sober today and its time to go through them again.

So those who have worked the steps 2 times or more, what was your experience with step 1 the 2nd time around? What was similar? What was different?
Old 10-09-2015, 11:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

I always seemed to learn more about myself,my insanity and my life.
The solution looked brighter for me and I had a new experience with the steps which produced a better grade of life for me.It can`t hurt to do those AA steps

good luck on your journey
Old 11-08-2015, 08:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Honesty

step one requires no action it requires a person to acknowledge that you are an alcoholic first to thine own self be true WE LEARNED THAT WE HAD TO FULLY CONCEDE TO OUR INNMOST SELVES WE WERE ALCOHOLIC this is the first step. you have to be entirely honest with you and admit it read t first 60 pages and ask yourself if you are convinced of the three pertinent ideas A B C you don't work the steps u simply take them in order nothing required in 1 2 3
except Honesty Opendmindedness and Willingness step 1 a conclusion of the mind step 2 to begin all we need is willingness to believe we come to believe in step 10 it tells us that on pages 46,50
step 3 is only a decision to turn it over when the time comes step 10
it tells us on page 64 we at once strenuously face and be rid of the things in ourselves which have been blocking us from the sunlight of the spirit if we are blocked how can we turn anything over use the book Alcoholics Anonymous it contains the directions for the 12 steps its the only book that does
Old 11-09-2015, 04:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

I worked them 3 times by 8 months of sobriety and learned a lot each time.

Our journeys are personal......be honest and thorough each time....