What does unmanageable mean?

Old 08-01-2010, 01:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

middle of page 52...sums it up for me.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
middle of page 52...sums it up for me.
Oh, those bedevilments. I just read this again. Life, you know, it's like my discontent is not bound by any season. I am discontented, and this is life, is what I feel.

Surely I'm missing the point of life.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

just remember, step 1..the bedevilments...thats all about the problem.

The rest of the steps are about the answer

I can't stay sober on step 1.

:ghug3
Old 08-04-2010, 06:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Grouch and Brainstorm

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
just remember, step 1..the bedevilments...thats all about the problem.

The rest of the steps are about the answer

I can't stay sober on step 1.

:ghug3
Amen. Worst advice we can give, IMO, is "the only step I need to get right is the first step."
Old 08-14-2010, 07:03 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Wombling Free

Thank you for posting this Spryte.

I have had an awful lot of trouble getting step one, I just could not believe that with 2 new cars in the drive, 2 homes, a loving wife, enough money to retire at 49..where is the unmanagability? How was I powerless?

This is more than likely the reason why I could not after 16 months of constant relapsing stay stopped, I still thought I was in charge. Like others I drank at home, bad things don't hapen to me when I drink at home and I dont make such an ass of myself.

So I come on here and I find what I am looking for. I am only 13 days sober again, my last drink/drunk was on my birthday....I made an ass of myself, puking up and having to be poured into my car by my wife and a friend, we nearly got mugged as I had wandered away and was lying on the ground in my own puke, but my wife and her friend found me just as some guys on a bike were pulling up ready to have a go.

So thats manageability for me?

I NEVER want to be like that ever again, reading the remarks that have been posted here are just what I need to read, so thank you all.

I go to aa meetings every day since that drunk, and will continue to do so, meetings are a big part of my recovery , that and having a really good sponser who understands that I am not perfect..even if sometimes I think I am , he brings me back down to earth.

I now have a healthy fear of alcohol, and as long as I keep it.....maybe this time, just maybe........
Old 08-16-2010, 04:02 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Womble....Good to know you are off on a fresh sart.

All my best to you and your wife
Old 09-01-2010, 02:20 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

I am a fall down puking drunk and that is not manageable in itself. Another thing that that bugs me, is I know when I am drink I am not the best person I can be, mostly because the next day I am hungover and sick. Those hungover days add up and in the end I don't want to waste a second of life on that.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:31 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mcribb View Post
I don't want to waste a second of life on that.
OK, Mcribb, great. Now realize in your heart that you are doomed to waste much of your life on them, despite your sincere, strong desire not to.

Do that, and you will have taken Step 1, for that's what is meant by conceding to one's innermost self that one is alcoholic.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:33 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

my lifes unmanagable because i cant drink cant not drink.
powerless....
need power.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:46 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
seeking recovery

Nearly 90 days sober for me and ready for action plan to grow..stay off alc
Unmanageable for me, is to give in to the triggers despite all best intentions/resolve..that is scary as once that door is open..alc gradually takes control and I spiral down into depression..inner chaos..my life is not my own but controlled by the unpredictability..merry go around of drinking..living in fog
Old 10-31-2010, 04:09 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

for me, the unmanageable part of my life was just about EVERYTHING....which today means the wreckage of my past...which, thankfully and amazingly, has been cleared up by the steps of the program...

of course life does not follow rules, and can be quite messy and/or painful at times, and so it remains unmanageable...but, not nearly so unmanageable as it was prior to turning it all over to God, and working the steps....

today when i am wrong and promptly admit it, it keeps things from adding up and becoming umanageable...

as i continue to seek God and His will for me, that also keeps my life on the right track and 'less' unmanageable....

the key of course is to continue in recovery, working the program....then when life throws something at me, as it surely will and does, i can deal with that, as best as i am able to, relying on God to guide me through it...and by doing the next right thing i will prevent 'new wreckage' from building up and sucking the recovery out of me...

LadyQ
hope is a good thing
Old 10-31-2010, 06:17 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

LadyQ.....
Welcome to SR